Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > InControl Tracker Not working?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
garyRR

United Kingdom 
InControl Tracker Not working?

So, after recently buying my L405, I've been trying to get the tracker activated.

I have called no less than 4 main dealers who didn't have the foggiest or didn't return my multiple calls. I was then passed 2 Land Rover customer service numbers - one which out of hours says to call during hours (and during hours says phone lines are closed) and another who referred me to TrackStar. I spoke to TrackStar and they said they provide the systems for Land Rover, but I would need to speak to Land Rover directly.

Eventually I reach the worldwide InControl account registration page and when trying to add the vehicle VIN, it comes up with an error "no subscriptions found". Using the live chat functionality on that site, the agent asked me to start the car and hold down the assistance button for 10 seconds until it flashed and then stopped flashing.

They said that they had been unable to communicate with the vehicle's Telematics Control Module and remove the previous owner, and it would need to go to a stealer for diagnosis and repair.

Has anyone else encountered this? To be honest, I don't trust most LR techs at main dealers and suspect I'd be told I need to pay £15m for a code read (which I can do on my IID [nothing comes up from the TCM or Instrument Pack about issues with the TCM]) and then just be quoted a further £25m to replace the module. In which case, it sounds like a better idea to get an aftermarket tracker fitted to the vehicle.

I have Ghost booked to be installed on Thursday. After some frantic searching to see if this is now the best option, the general consensus online seems to be that the best option is a Ghost Immobiliser and an S7 tracker such as Scorpion Track (as S5 incorporates immobilisation, which is already covered by Ghost?! - all very comfusing). It however looks like the more advanced systems with anti-signal jamming etc are near £600 alone, and a standard tracker at the £200 mark would just operate on something like 4G or GPRS and be easily detected (so might as well get an Amazon job that doesn't need a subscription?). 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #684778 5th Feb 2024 11:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1