Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > 2012 Westminster Headliner Board
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
flegg

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
2012 Westminster Headliner Board

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of renovating a 2012 TDV8 Westminster that sat for a few years with a few electrical gremlins from quite a lot of water ingress.

Was a low mileage example (85k) at a good price needing some TLC so was worth the punt as a change from by 2013 Disco 4.

So far not regretted it! Got to say love the engine and smoothness of it and now coming to the end of Phase 1 of renovations.

Interior out, wiring looms checked, repaired and cleaned up CJB/BCM out repaired and back in with no more issues. A variety of bits (sunroof motor, Gear Selector, steering wheel controls, wing mirror) sourced and replaced have sorted 99% of the electrical issues apart from a rain sensor which looks to be a wiring problem somewhere (LIN Bus error on the GAP IID)

Headliner is shot from a mix of mold and water damage so looking for a replacement.

A few conversations around suggest the 2010-2012 have a different headliner because of a different airbag setup so finding one is proving difficult.

Anyone got any ideas where I may find one?

Post #688454 19th Mar 2024 8:28pm
Danb_220_2019

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Fuji White

Not on an RR, but having previously restored a car which had a mouldy interior.

If the headliner moulded backing isn't itself damaged beyond use i.e. it's still the right shape, what I have done is remove the trim material, treated and sealed the backing board using a mould killer and blocking layer of epoxy paint on both sides, then scuffed up the inner side and retrimmed using the correct material (or replacement of your choice). 2012 (L322) 4.4TDV8 Vogue SE, RSE, Fuji White over Arabica.
Previous V8s: BMW 645Ci, P38 4.6, P38 4.0, Merc CL500
Previous others: Honda x1, Volvo x7, Rover x6, BMW x6, Ford x1, Mercedes x2, Skoda x3, VW x2, Renault x2, Citroen x1, Mazda x3, Nissan x1, Audi x3, Kia x1, Fiat x4, Subaru x3, Austin x2, Triumph x2, Jeep x2, Hyundai x2, Lexus x1, Mitsubishi x1, Saab x2... and some others I've forgotten!

Post #688496 20th Mar 2024 10:14am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1