Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Refurbishing Leather Seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Nickv8

Isle Of Man 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 V8 Stornoway Grey

Gsxr1250dave wrote:
You can try cleaning with a magic sponge 1st to see if it restores the colour, you get them off the bay or most supermarkets.

Thanks - this didn't do the trick unfortunately. I think the cracks and the use of a dark demin over time have caused the issue.

Post #689996 5th Apr 2024 2:58pm
Nickv8

Isle Of Man 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 V8 Stornoway Grey

Shaun_ wrote:
Are Oxford, Blenheim and Premium not the three qualities of leather used in the Range Rovers, rather than colour shades?

If the products you are looking at are slightly different depending on the type of leather finish and you want to be sure then if you get hold of a copy of the data sheet for your vehicle it will confirm which leather is used on your seats.

Shaun

I have a feeling you might be right but Colourlock haven't come back to me on this. I also spoke with the dealer who supplied the car and they didn't know one way or the other. The car is ivory with perforated semi-aniline leather - it makes sense the above are different leathers. I think the Oxford is normally on a Vogue or Vogue SE. But the other 2 are hard to fatham...

Do you have a view?

Thanks so much

Post #689997 5th Apr 2024 3:03pm
Shaun_

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

According to the sales brochure I have, my 2012 Westminster has Oxford leather seats in ivory, with the dash topper in Blenheim finish (in my case black).

The brochure also covers the Autobiography model which is says that came with 'perforated semi-aniline leather' on the seats which seems to tie-in with your description and I would therefore presume that this is what is being referred to as 'premium' by Colourlock.

I hope that helps.

Shaun 2012 TDV8 Westminster in the New Forest

Also: Land Rover Series 3 SWB, Mercedes 280SL, Classic Mini race replica, VW Golf SV
Previously: Audi A8, RR TDV8 Vogue, Audi Allroad, VW Golf GTI Edition 30, Audi A4 Avant, A8, A4 Sport, A6, VW Golf Mk5, Bora, Golf GTI Mk3, Jetta Mk3, Passat, Jetta Mk1, Golf Mk1

Post #690011 5th Apr 2024 5:35pm
Dutchgit

Germany 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Nickv8 wrote:
Gsxr1250dave wrote:
You can try cleaning with a magic sponge 1st to see if it restores the colour, you get them off the bay or most supermarkets.

Thanks - this didn't do the trick unfortunately. I think the cracks and the use of a dark demin over time have caused the issue.

Warm water, a toothbrush, micro fibre cloth and baking soda !
Lots of work but it'll work a treat.

Post #690021 5th Apr 2024 8:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12