Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > 4.4TDV8 P040D-00(2F) EGR temp sensor A - Where's the sensor?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 15 <123 ... 131415
Print this entire topic · 
minim

Norway 2013 Range Rover TDV6 Santorini Black

But if you look at the live values the Bank 1 sensor 3 has values so the live values doesn't add up with the error code. And sorry, replying from a computer now I see that I posted in a 4.4 TDV8 thread and mine is a 3.0TDV6 if that matters.

Post #689950 4th Apr 2024 10:32pm
kokamagi

Estonia 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Yes the readings seem to be very healthy. Might be intermittent problem. Maybe check the wiring and connectors first, wiggle them around. I believe B1S3 is reffering to the same sensor on both engines.
Here's the explanation from 4.4 TDV8 WSmanual.

Post #689966 5th Apr 2024 6:51am
minim

thanks. I'll have a look there. I checked the TDV6 manual now and it's a bit more confusing as it says Bank 1 sensor 3, on the error code side it says bank 2 sensor 2 and it describes it as the sensor post catalytic converter.

Click image to enlarge

Then there's a bit confusing values when reading the sensors. I did a pull uphill and took this screenshot. Bank1 sensor 1 is according to the manual "temperature in the turbine housing". Shouldn't this be the highest temp as it's closest to combustion? Then Bank1 sensor 3 is highest and that's according to the doc above past the catalytic converter and should be lower than Bank 2 sensor 1 that is pre cat. Bank 2 sensor 1 has the same weird fault as in the above screenshot that it's named Bank1 sensor 2 in the code and on the right side it says Bank 2 sensor 1.

With all this mess it's tempting to pull the sensor connector if I can reach it to spot what sensor is what in both live values and fault codes.

Click image to enlarge

Post #690036 6th Apr 2024 1:41am
kokamagi

On your screenshot you had DTC P242A-00, but from the manual you are looking at another DTC P242A-22.

The highest value should always be after the cat not before, when everything is working as it should, because of the catalytic reaction taking place in the cat. The logical order of the sensors labeling should be: b1s1 - before cat, b1s2 - after cat and before dpf, b1s3 - after the dpf. Since your b1s2 is always showing 0, the problem might be in the sensor after the cat OR data might be mixed up in the IIDTool software.
Usually regarding the EGT sensors the lowest showing value should be 100 not 0, because they are calibrated to start reading from 100C.

B2s1 would only rise above 100C, when accelerating over 2500rpm and secondary turbo is activated.

Last edited by kokamagi on 6th Apr 2024 9:20am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #690045 6th Apr 2024 9:04am
minim

The 00 doesn't show in the 3.0 tdv6 manual so I used that screenshot since it's talking about the same sensor (b1s3) and is mixing it with the other. All the 242 is mentioning b1s3 and have the same mixup in the description to the right.

In the manual it says "if equipped" on all the sensors so I assumed that the one showing zero isn't used on my engine. Forgot to mention that this screenshot is taken without any error code present and that my error only shows up from time to time. I've only seen it twice since I purchased the vehicle 4000km ago and I noticed it in the logs when I scanned it before I bought it but then it didnt reappear for weeks.

Post #690048 6th Apr 2024 9:13am
kokamagi

I added some pictures from my normally working 4.4tdv8 system to my last post and explanation why b2s1 is reading 100.

Here I added to your first screenshot what I assume would be correct labeling of the EGT sensors.

You might want to consult with GAP Diagnostics team, they are very helpful.

Click image to enlarge

Post #690051 6th Apr 2024 9:30am
GregPrice80

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Barolo Black

Has anyone experienced this fault code along with an occasional yellow restricted performance on starting the car? And did changing the sensor get rid of the warning? 2010 Range Rover 4.4TDV8 Autobiography Black Edition

Gone -
2005 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 S
2002 Range Rover 3.0 TD6 HSE

Post #690077 6th Apr 2024 12:25pm
minim

Thank you for the info. It's just like you say on the throttle with that sensor after the turbo. So then I got 4 working sensor and I can only assume that the one earlier at zero was just not used on my car. The fault is gone for now so I'll inspect wires and unplug senors to test next time as it seems unclear what sensor is what still. I'll check with gap also.

As for the yellow reduced performance that comes with my 242 error code when it's there. If I clear the code it's fine again for hundreds of km and many starts.

Click image to enlarge

Post #690092 6th Apr 2024 2:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 15 of 15 <123 ... 131415