Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Febi bilstein intake manifold quality
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
AlexLRV8

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zambezi Silver
Febi bilstein intake manifold quality

I am currently doing some 'heavy' maintenance on my 3.6 tdv8 including new turbos and testing injectors. I thought it would be a good idea to replace the original intake manifolds while it's easily accessible, then I looked at the prices of genuine ones at almost £1k each! I don't trust the sub £300 a pair ones but then found that Febi make them for a reasonable cost so, does anyone know if they are decent quality? Are they just the same chinese rubbish in a fancier box?

Also considering just doing the RH one as I can't find mention of the LH one ever cracking. So maybe just a new gasket on LH one.

Any thoughts on this very welcome.

Alex

Post #691156 23rd Apr 2024 4:52pm
Dutchgit

Germany 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I'm looking to do the same sort of big maintenance on mine while the valve cover gaskets leak occasionally and I'm doing both LH and RH intakes just because it'll be out of my way while I have the whole thing apart.

I've been looking over many different intakes and have set my mind on the Febi Bilstein ones as they listed the weight of them on the site I found many and I seem to remember the F-B ones were the heaviest, which to me implies the most material used on them which (could) equal more strength.

Going to tackle this sometime over spring or summer as I'm working outside.

Possibly taking the EGR valves out for a clean and a check on those. Also planning on fitting hose clamps instead of those shoddy spring things as I am losing a little coolant sometimes. Mainly on shorter journeys. Lost nothing on 200 Mile+ trips.

Post #691169 23rd Apr 2024 6:50pm
Rudyard1

United Kingdom 

I have done both sides now on my 07 3.6 and have found the Britpart ones from Island4x4 to be of good quality. You will have to remove the injectors and numbers 4 and 8 are a pain. You will need an 18mm socket on an extension (a few and swivel joint connector if you have one!) to get to the engine mounts.

I found that loosening them off and jacking the engine up slightly allowed the injectors to come out.

Good luck with it either way! 2007 Range Rover Vogue 3.6 TDV8

Post #691172 23rd Apr 2024 7:43pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

I always use Febi parts. Great, good value quality.

My garage agree too Thumbs Up

Britpart can be a bit up and down. I did have a few of their head hoses and a few other parts when I changed the thermostat housing on my 3.6 TDV8, and I found them to be of inferior quality. That was my only experience of Britpart however. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #691176 23rd Apr 2024 10:23pm
TDV8 Paul

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

How the hell did you get the difficult side out, can’t remember if was 4 or 8, I think it was the drivers side, the nuts for the mount were under the turbo and I could not see how the get to them, I had to split the injector in the end, massive pain in the arse, as it suddenly went and the tiny parts inside were nearly lost in the engine forever!
Not a job I wish to repeat 2007 TDV8 Vogue SE
2005 BMW E63 645ci
2009 5.0 Supercharged autobiography
2024 Porsche Macan

Post #691187 24th Apr 2024 9:52am
Rudyard1

United Kingdom 

So basically I bent some of the inner seal/panel to get a spanner on to it. Tad unorthodox but it worked for me. NSF was easier as couple of extension bars on to it and you can undo. But agreed - the OSF was a complete pain. 2007 Range Rover Vogue 3.6 TDV8

Post #691218 24th Apr 2024 4:32pm
TDV8 Paul

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Ah, so that was your cheat code, I did consider doing that as I just did not have the tools needed to do it any other way, the other side wasn’t so bad once I got the extensions on it 2007 TDV8 Vogue SE
2005 BMW E63 645ci
2009 5.0 Supercharged autobiography
2024 Porsche Macan

Post #691221 24th Apr 2024 5:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1