Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Much more expensive to run than a RRS?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
4535jacks

United Kingdom 
Much more expensive to run than a RRS?

I have been looking for a RRS and have a decent ideas about running costs. I have been looking for a 21MY D300 dynamic to avoid the risk of TDV6 crank failure and for the low transfer box.

Anyway, I keep finding myself attracted to the FFRR adverts and I am looking seriously into weather this is a viable option. Currently I have found a couple of 2020 Vogue SDV6s and one D300 Westminster.

From those that have had multiple LR products, how does the cost od ownership of a FFRR compared to the equivalent RRS in terms of fuel economy, servicing and maintenance. I have seen that insurance the about the same as a RRS Dynamic and £200 more expensive than a RRS HSE. After market warranty packages also appear to be £100-200 more expensive for the FFRS but real world experience is always welcome.

TIA,
Jacks

Post #691307 26th Apr 2024 8:14am
garyRR

United Kingdom 

The Sport is based on the same chassis as the big Range Rover, and all the electrics are identical, so there's really no difference between them in running costs and reliability. There's zero difference in servicing costs and negligible difference in fuel economy. The Sport has the limited slip rear diff, which is a little more expensive to service.

The Sport has a different body shell, sits lower, is a tad shorter, has a steeper windscreen, and has a different suspension set up, otherwise that is about it diffence wise.

I had a 2020 Sport SDV6 Autobiography on hire for a couple of months. Great car - my old L322 was much more comfortable though, so when I got that back, I was actually quite happy, even though it was an older car. Now I have the L405, for me at least, it wins hands down over the Sport. Yes, you can take a corner at 60mph in the Sport, but the L405 just feels more luxurious, quieter and more refined for the money.

On the model year you're thinking of, I think Land Rover had long resolved the crankshaft issue on the SDV6.

Warranty wise, warranty companies only care if its a 4x4 or not, so individual model doesn't make any discernable difference. I'd recommend getting one via the dealer you purchase from, as it will have greater coverage and be much less expensive than buying one retail. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #691444 27th Apr 2024 10:31pm
GrumpyPenguin

United Kingdom 

I thought that the RRS used a Discovery chassis & shared a lot with it ?

Post #691460 28th Apr 2024 2:12pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

the pre 2013/14 L494 did.... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #691462 28th Apr 2024 3:05pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aintree Green

L320 Stan. L494 is the post 2013 RRS. L320 had lots of things in common with the D3/D4.

Post #691479 28th Apr 2024 7:40pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

GrumpyPenguin wrote:
I thought that the RRS used a Discovery chassis & shared a lot with it ?

The OP is referring to an L494 Sport, which is built on the same platform as the L405 Full Fat.

The old Range Rover Sport (L320) pre 2013 was built on a Land Rover Discovery chassis, but did have quite different electrics to the Discovery.

For the purposes of this post, there isn't any difference between running costs of the L494 Sport and L405 full fat, because underneath they are practically the same car. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #691487 28th Apr 2024 8:18pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

Andy S wrote:
L320 Stan. L494 is the post 2013 RRS. L320 had lots of things in common with the D3/D4.

pre L494 would have been the L320.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #691496 28th Apr 2024 9:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1