Home > General > Potential owner, two quick questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Riccardog

United Kingdom 
Potential owner, two quick questions

Hi,

I am very close to putting in an offer on a 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 but before that I have a couple of questions I wanted some help from current L322 owners:

- Fuel consumption. A tanks must cost over £100 given its 100L size, how long (miles) does that last in a) round London driving b) motorway speeds c) 50/50 of a and b?

- Ride. The ride quality on the car i looked at is very good, but not 200% 'magical carpet'. Is it missing something? I expected it to be ultra smooth even on poor surfaces, a bit like the old Citroens DS/CX.

Thanks!

Post #7174 9th Sep 2009 4:09pm
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

hi and welcome i can only comment on the td6 diesel fuel economy you should expect about 500-600 miles to a tank on motorways and 400-500- around town as for ride quality your probly about right and theres nothing wrong with it they are all like that Thumbs Up Thumbs Up onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #7178 9th Sep 2009 5:49pm
Mapmuppet

United Kingdom 

Greetings....

Not wanting to put you off, purchasing an L322 would be a fine investment and I've never looked back Wink
Although ensure that the Vogue is as fully loaded as possible ( I hear horror stories of HSEs which are sometimes impossible to sell as they lack the 'toys' )

With my 4.4 I tend to get around 380 miles to a tank which is a mix of M25 and around town driving, you can average 26 mpg if you adopt 'Nun style driving'. Urban driving will probably return around 16 mpg if your lucky, and off road will be sub 10 !

Ride quality is excellent although the FFRRs still tend to wallow a tad round corners like the P38s used too. Would check that the air suspension is working ok and that the ADC is working ok.

BTW What colour is the FFRR ?

Cheers 2005 Audi A8 W12
1978 Mercedes 450 SEL 6.9
1986 Mercedes 420 SL 4.2

Post #7180 9th Sep 2009 8:21pm
Riccardog

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the replies so far.

It is a Vogue, also has the factory side steps and mudflaps as well as the carpet overmats.

The colour is sonething else I was going to ask about. Its the dark green with 'sand' interior and carpets. That is actually my first choice, followed by blue and the dark grey (sorry, don't have the brochure with me for the names). I don't care much for black or silver as they're everywhere but I wonder if green is ok for resale in the future? Not that I care too much as what matters is that I am happy with the car's looks, already know it will be a financial disaster, so may as well enjoy it? Smile

Post #7185 9th Sep 2009 9:38pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

The colour you are looking at is called Epsom Green and Sand Interior (good guess! )

Lovely colour combo, I have Tonga Green which is the updated version (now since replaced by Galway Green)

Go for it! Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #7186 9th Sep 2009 9:55pm
Riccardog

United Kingdom 

I agree, the greens are my favourite on Land Rovers, I find them very "Land Rovery", maybe something to do with many of the Series 1 and 2s being green. Come to think of it, green should suit any British car, 'British Racing Green', right?

Back to the one I'm looking at now, it is just starting to have the pixelation issue, I have seen that it can be repaired rather than having to substitute the whole cluster by LR, any reccomendations in a reasonable radius from London that can get this sorted? I have budgeted £200 for this, enough?

The only other thing is the peeling of the driver side windown switch surround, what are the fixes and cost for this?

The RR looks good with excellent bodywork and an impeccable main dealer history every year from new (at yearly 10k m intervals). Had the front diff done last year.

Post #7188 10th Sep 2009 8:50am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Being one of the earliest examples you have to expect some small issues. Your best bet is to keep an eye on eBay for people breaking Range Rovers and scour the monthly Land Rover magazines too.

Worth downloading the RAVE Land Rover workshop manual if you are inclcined to do a bit of DIY and save some money.

http://www.rangeroverdatabase.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Downloads.html Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #7191 10th Sep 2009 1:51pm
Riccardog

United Kingdom 

Thanks again for your reply. The car is 3 owner (year 1 LR, then two private individuals for 3 years each) early 2002 build as it was registered in May 02. Its currently on 71k miles.

I am aware of the "don't buy first year production cars" concept but am thinking that at this age and mileage any major issues will have been spotted and taken care of by now. Just nornal wear and tear going forward, as for any 7yr old car. At any rate I am budgeting £2k a year in maintenance in addition to running costs (fuel, tax, insurance, etc). Do you think that is realistic?

Thanks for the link, will check it out when I get home.

Post #7194 10th Sep 2009 2:54pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

Riccardog wrote:
but am thinking that at this age and mileage any major issues will have been spotted and taken care of by now.

Yup, if it can fall off, it would have done by now, and someone has already paid to have it put back on.

I bought my 03 with 110,000 miles for that reason. 

Post #7195 10th Sep 2009 3:13pm
Polux

2005 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

make sure the front diff has been donereplaced,, 1st thing i checked when buying mine it had not and within 24hours had been replaced under warranty.

Smile

Post #7197 10th Sep 2009 6:29pm
Riccardog

United Kingdom 

RRUK wrote:

Worth downloading the RAVE Land Rover workshop manual if you are inclcined to do a bit of DIY and save some money.

I've downloaded it now, but what I need to do to open it?

Post #7199 11th Sep 2009 11:21am
ukrangie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Either burn the image to a CD or DVD using your favourite Disc Recording program or use Virtual CloneDrive from Slysoft Paul

Twitter - Facebook

Post #7203 11th Sep 2009 7:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1