Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Retrofit Dual View Screen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rads

2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Tonga Green
Retrofit Dual View Screen

Morning,

Am looking for a hybrid TV tuner for my recently aquired 2005 SC.

On ringing round the usual suspects of breakers, have been offered the "complete system" from a 2010 RR, inc Dual View screen, RSE, nav, hybrid TV, looms etc etc. for £1000.

Now, to be honest, I'm not interested, would be a riduculous this to do after only owning the car for 3 days, but it did get me thinking...

First of all, can the system be retrofitted?

Secondly, would anyone be interested in any parts of the system but not the TV tuner? Suspect a grand for everything is not a bad price, and if the other bits are of interest it may still be a route for me to get the tuner I want.

David

Post #80842 13th Sep 2011 11:31am
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

I think the systems are fundamentally different. Although I could be wrong, I thought there was a significant change in 2007/8? And then again in 2010?

The dual view/angle front screen is indeed awesome, and in reality quite simple in theory. It just has two inputs for the display signal. one for left one for right etc.

It would be very interesting to get one of these and have a good old poke around with it on a bench with a couple of video sources - however at 1K that's a lot of beans for something that may turn out to be fruitless.

Maybe he would take an offer? And then maybe you could get some cash back selling the bits you dont need on the bay? Check out the "Completed listings" to see what you might get for things.

Dan 

Post #80846 13th Sep 2011 11:46am
tanertimur

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black
Re: Retrofit Dual View Screen

rads wrote:
Morning,

Am looking for a hybrid TV tuner for my recently aquired 2005 SC.

On ringing round the usual suspects of breakers, have been offered the "complete system" from a 2010 RR, inc Dual View screen, RSE, nav, hybrid TV, looms etc etc. for £1000.

Now, to be honest, I'm not interested, would be a riduculous this to do after only owning the car for 3 days, but it did get me thinking...

First of all, can the system be retrofitted?

Secondly, would anyone be interested in any parts of the system but not the TV tuner? Suspect a grand for everything is not a bad price, and if the other bits are of interest it may still be a route for me to get the tuner I want.

David

I dont think the 2010 hybrid is compatable with the 2005,
Iv looked into this too and still trying to get one. Iv been quoted £400 for a hybrid alone. Range rover td6 54 reg touch screen

Post #82050 17th Sep 2011 7:31pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

they both use can bus but i think 2010 and on is 128 system bit as the 2006 is 64 bit, well its along them lines V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #82051 17th Sep 2011 7:37pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i read the same somewhere dave.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #82058 17th Sep 2011 8:02pm
rads

2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Tonga Green

Good info. Thanks chaps.

David

Post #82101 17th Sep 2011 10:27pm
JustinP

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black

I thought the FFRR after 2006MY infotainment system used a MOST network rather than a can bus, prior to 2006 it was ibus. 
Gone - Range Rover Supercharged 2006

Post #82112 17th Sep 2011 11:18pm
stevegt

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

2005MY had the infotainment upgrade to the MOST network and will support the Hybrid TV tuner from a 2010MY. It is a slightly smaller box that will only fix in place with 2 screws rather than 4. One connector port is not used but it doesn't impair the use at all. You get free view and analogue channels and a now and next programme info bar on screen when the channel is changed or the current programme ends.

With regard to the complete system being retro fitted... Essentially there should be a problem assuming the complete system is provided including ALL wiring. The main issue you will encounter is the dash as not only are the hole the wrong shape and size but AFAIK the system has an interface with the instrument cluster. This is an LCD panel on the 2010 and would require some major electrical work to integrate successfully.

I am more than happy to be proven wrong with the need for the instrument cluster change. But £1000 for the lot is a very good price as the Dual View screen retails at over £2500!! Shocked !! 06MY 4.4 V8 Autobiography Cairns Blue with Navy & Parchment Interior

Post #82520 19th Sep 2011 9:04pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Erm, not entirely sure that even a full replacement of the whole system would work. IIRC up to 2010 the CAN bus uses 29 Bit extended addressing, but after 2010 it moved to 11 bit standard addressing. Unless someone like Colin from Blackbox knows of a magic voodoo box to make the translation then post 2010 infotainment won't work in a pre 2010 car.

Post #82529 19th Sep 2011 9:23pm
mattstevenson2005

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

mzplcg wrote:
Erm, not entirely sure that even a full replacement of the whole system would work. IIRC up to 2010 the CAN bus uses 29 Bit extended addressing, but after 2010 it moved to 11 bit standard addressing. Unless someone like Colin from Blackbox knows of a magic voodoo box to make the translation then post 2010 infotainment won't work in a pre 2010 car.

You are correct they have changed the CAN bus system from a 29bit system (pre 2010) to an 11 bit system (post 2010) the two CANNOT communicate with each other without some sort of translation.

Post #82580 20th Sep 2011 9:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1