Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > We dont have a courtesy car, the train station is that way
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andy D

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black
We dont have a courtesy car, the train station is that way

This morning I got a "reduced engine performance" warning while doing (ahem) 70 in the fast lane of the M25 and it felt like the accelerator had been disconnected. I crawled over to the hard shoulder and called LR assist The very nice man from the AA turned up with his low loader and took me to the nearest dealer (don't want to say where until I get the car back but it's not any of our sponsors). I don't think they were that happy having a car turn up when they were busy flogging Evokes but I'm sure it's not the first time the forecourt has been blocked by recovery trucks.

Anyway, I went into the dealer to be told that service is closed until Monday (fair enough) so I will need to bring the car back then. I mentioned the huge AA lorry outside the window and that we'll need to leave the car with them. I asked if they had a courtesy car. She said no, that I shouldn't have brought the car to them without booking it in first and that there's a train station a mile down the road if I need to get anywhere.

Great. It's nice to know that customer service in some places matches the build quality. '07 Supercharged in black with drug dealer tinted windows

Post #84884 1st Oct 2011 3:03pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

usually Land Rover Assist arranges the rental car not the dealer 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #84885 1st Oct 2011 3:10pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Sounds like (it could be) the fuel pump to me...... (very common on the 2005/6/7 SC)

Where you about 1/8th of a tank of fuel when you got the message?

Recently had the same and should work fine to get home if you can get a few gallons in it. The jet pump from the "other " side of the tank is probably broken.

FIX = Duckworths parts about £173 + Vat for full pump assembly plus about 1 labour at an Indy say £60 so about £270.

The main dealer may just charge A HELL OF A LOT MORE...... Smile

Post #84892 1st Oct 2011 4:13pm
Andy D

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black

I'd just (20 mins earlier) filled it up - I was on my way up to north Wales for a stag weekend of quad biking, rafting, abseiling etc. Instead I sat on the M25 hard shoulder.

I now know that LR assist sorts out the replacement car - doesn't excuse the attitude at the dealers. When I spoke to LR assist I was more concerned with getting off the motorway '07 Supercharged in black with drug dealer tinted windows

Post #84902 1st Oct 2011 5:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1