Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > AHHHHHH F'in insurance company's!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue
AHHHHHH F'in insurance company's!

Need a bit of help/advice. I had my gold chain robbed from me 3-4 months ago while I was on my mates stag doo. Reported it to the police and got crime number etc from Spain.
I reported it to my house insurance and have been jumping through hoops since then. I want to use our family jeweller to get my replacement. He's supplied our family for a number of years and made both my wife's engagement ring and our wedding rings etc. My insurance company has nominated a loss company to sort it out but what they have told me is I need to get the replacement from Goldsmiths or their company PJS. Now I've looked in both locations and can't find anything similar to what I had, so I'm not happy and the family jeweller isn't allowed to supply as he hasn't offered them enough discount! I've been on the phone and the jeweller has offered 5% but is willing to increase. The insurance company wants between 25-50% discount as that's what they can get from their "in house" suppliers. I know my jeweller can give a bit more discount but I can't in a million years see him getting anywhere close to what they want.
What options do I have? Any advice would be great!
I Censored hate insurance company's! Evil or Very Mad

Also they have offered a discounted value of £950! They have valued the chain @ £1900. Robbing bar stewards! [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #88178 20th Oct 2011 5:43pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

You need to check the T's and C's in the actual policy wording. However, the general rule with insurance is that they either pay cash to the value (market or agreed value) or replace like with like.

I am fairly sure you can insist on the cash if they fail to find an equivalent item in their own preferred supplier.

I had the same BS over a windscreen with an auto insurance company. I had to get really stroppy with them to get a genuine LR one as replacement instead of a cheapo chinese copy.

Legally I think you'll find you're entitled but they do try to grind you down with their obnoxious BS. Stick to your guns.

Post #88228 20th Oct 2011 10:06pm
DaveU

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Stornoway Grey

Hi Rob,

Can't help you with your insurance question i'm afraid but just wanted to let you know that your avatar picture is totally mesmerising! Mr. Green Thumbs Up

David

Post #88308 21st Oct 2011 2:31pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Had a similar problem recently when my wife lost a ring. Called the insurance to claim and the first offer was about 50% of the retail value.
The other thing that angered her was that they wanted us to pay the policy excess up front, "to combat fraudulant claims", before they would pay out anything at all!
They then said they would only provide a sort of credit card affair which would only be accepted in specific jewellers in exchange for goods. If we wanted cash, they would only pay approx. 30% of the value of the item, and again insisted on payment of the policy excess up front!

Now my wife's now known for her tact and diplomacy, especially when she feels she's being ripped off, so to cut a long story short, she got almost 100% of the value, albeit on a thing called a "gem card" which is redeemable in almost any jewellers (as opposed to the original offer, which was only redeemable in some crappy places like H Samuels!), but she still couldn't budge them on the prepayment of the excess!

Bunch of robbing b'stards if you ask me! Take lots of money in premium payments and try anything to avoid paying out!!! Censored Censored Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #88336 21st Oct 2011 4:19pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

makes you think whether insurance is worth anything nowadays.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #88337 21st Oct 2011 4:24pm
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Makes you wonder Stan. We the honest few avoid claiming so waste our hard earned just so we think we're covered if something happens. Then when it happens we get butt Censored for the pleasure.
@Alan what insurance comPany were you with and did they use a company called LMG (loss management Censored )? [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #88339 21st Oct 2011 4:44pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Rob2529 wrote:
Makes you wonder Stan. We the honest few avoid claiming so waste our hard earned just so we think we're covered if something happens. Then when it happens we get butt Censored for the pleasure.
@Alan what insurance comPany were you with and did they use a company called LMG (loss management Censored )?

It was Directline, and I'm fairly certain it was LMG, yes Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #88346 21st Oct 2011 5:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1