Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
replacement keys

Don't pay £160+vat at the dealer.

I got mine from this guy

Worked out at £60 delivered. Getting it cut this week, then re-programmed at LR "for a drink" Laughing 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #9056 6th Dec 2009 11:26pm
SteveNorman

United Kingdom 

The earlier BMW style keys are allocated by immobilser system when the vehicles are built. Thus key 1 & 2 would be supplied with the vehicle. If an additional key is required then the key is made in germany using key 3 details, the next key, key 4 details & so on.
The immobilser side of the key differs from the remote locking side, which, as long as the ignition has been switched on with a valid key, then any other key can be made to make the fob buttons work (following the sequence of ignition/button presses), this will not start the car though.

I suspect your key will not function on the immobilser side of things, as there isn't a function on the Landrover equipment (T4) to match a key not specifically built for the vehicle. (it can only enable or disable a valid key).

There is equipment out there that can clone transponder chips etc, but is hardly worth the bother.

Please let us know how you get on.
Regards
Steve

Post #9096 7th Dec 2009 10:06pm
Andy

I've been told it will work. Chap at the dealer said the new key and the old one can both be re-programmed, and this will render the outstanding stolen key u/s.

I sure hope it does after shelling out! Shocked 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #9098 8th Dec 2009 1:57am
Andy

Went into Timpson today and showed them the existing key. |I told him my situation and asked him if he could cut a blank key and he said he could. He then asked me if there was a transponder in it and I said yes. He stuck my key into a small device with a slot and a digital readout and it showed a transponder and some other stuf on the LCD display. He said he could programme the new key to match the existing one, so that the car will start! Razz He can't program the central locking, but I have instructions on how to do that anyway.

I'm guessing it will be a clone of the existing key, rather than key 1 and key 2 as mentioned above.

£27 for a cut and programme in store.

They even come out to you: http://www.timpsonlocksmiths.co.uk/key_programming.htm 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #9367 12th Dec 2009 11:49pm
liverpoolphil

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Tonga Green

would be interested to see who people got on with the above services - stealer quoted me £189+VAT for kay and £25+VAT for programming

Am happy to pay if this is the only way to get a second key - cant imagine how much it would cost if I lost my one and only key Shocked

Post #11871 28th Jan 2010 3:49pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

hi whats the sequence to reprogramme the key for the central locking
thanks daveo V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #11942 29th Jan 2010 7:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1