Home > Technical (L322) > Inspection due message
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
Inspection due message

Guys,
This has started to come on every morning saying that an inspection is due in Decemeber, is it something I need to worry about? If not I assume it is something I can reset, hopefully given all the DIY servicers on here someone can tell me how? I have an IIDTool if that might help.
The car was last serviced earlier this year by a guy who probably didn't know, or have the equipment, to do this - he mainly did proper Landrovers for farmers.
He just stuck a sticker on saying next service due at 60,00 miles which will probably be around March. Obviously I can just ignore it Whistle Geoff

Post #90985 8th Nov 2011 11:58am
carlos50

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I have the same scenario, my TDV8 was serviced in Feb 11 by a prestige car dealer who didnt have the right equipment to reset it, unlike the earlier L322 it cant be done DIY on the 2007 MY or newer im told.

I got the Inspection due message about 2 months ago, its meant to start the count down to tell you service work is needed and im told it will eventually show a date?. Mine is still showing the same Inspection message after a few months of ownership.

Im going to have mine serviced anyway, just for my own piece of mind with winter coming.

Post #91005 8th Nov 2011 1:55pm
VMPP

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I think it's a bit of a money pit scheme.

These cars are serviced on their own schedule. It's based on the driver's foot. Too much and it will make the intervals 2000 miles. Light foot may get you to 50000 miles. The sticker you have means nothing, you can get a ''oil service'' warning at 45000 miles instead of the 60000. But between these intervals sometimes a year may go by. That value is always inside the car's computer. Regardless of were you service the car you will always get that ''yearly service'' warning.

Cross check it with the car's manufacturing date (use the Microcat tool) and it should be spot on with that date. Mine is.

I've got the warning since september, every year at the same time, but as I have more than one service per year, i'm just ignoring it. When I get the real service, they reset that for me.

Post #91011 8th Nov 2011 2:40pm
VaguelyVogue

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue

Interesting - mine was reset at the last service to display when the next service was due (used to show nothing) and has been showing a date about 12 months in the future consistently so far - currently showing Nov 2012.

Post #91052 8th Nov 2011 6:34pm
simon1233

United Kingdom 

Mine is the same as VaguelyVogue's - since the last service it has reminded me every time I start the car that the service is due in 12 months, never did this before the last service. Evil or Very Mad

Post #91065 8th Nov 2011 8:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1