Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > PDC And faults...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey
PDC And faults...

After my recent accident my PDC works at best 2 out of 3 times. The rest of the time it doesn't work it just gives a long continous tone.

Now i had experienced this before, all be it not very often, maybe once a week at worst.

Now the insurance co's engineers are playing silly beggers, and want me to take the car to an LR dealer, pay for the diagnostic and prove that the fault was because of the accident as it will be date and time stamped in the ecu according to them Twisted Evil

Spoke to a trusted LR Dealer (Thank you again BTW!) and they have confirmed its not date or time coded, but my problem is what happens if they investigate and find the loom is OK but the PDC ECU is the cause?

The body repair place have already put down a PDC unit as it looks damaged enough(the paint has been scratched off some of it) so im wondering if a PDC is damaged could it have shorted and damaged the ECU in anyway?

I've already let them know I'm intending to claim back my lost time and the money spent on fuel driving about already (LR Dealership, Bodywork centre, car hire...).

I knew today would be a bad day when i dropped eldest off at school and the bloody semi skimmed died on me requiring LR Assist to come out Sad

Anyone with experience of these parking issues your help would be appreciated Smile

PS i tested for a faulty PDC Sensor after the 2nd day of annoying TONE and moving in front of any sensor front or rear did nothing Sad

Post #92883 17th Nov 2011 1:07pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

the sensors make a clicking noise when they work properly, maybe try this first to eliminate them mr pleb..
just a thought , it could be the ecu if the impact was severe enough.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #92887 17th Nov 2011 1:12pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

It was a frontal impact but the ecu is in the rear drivers corner behind the fuse box is it not?

It was hard though as it pushed the car back and my first thought was "great thats the parking pin shattered then" but luckily its still holding the car on the flat though im not sure how strong the parking pin is. Maybe best to PM RRPhil as he is the gearbox guru Very Happy

Post #92893 17th Nov 2011 1:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1