Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > L322 Wet footwell - driver's side
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
WAZZY786

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
L322 Wet footwell - driver's side

It's been raining quite heavily the past few days up North and particularly bad a couple of days ago on the way back from Darlington. The inside had slight build up of condensation/steam on windows - didn't pay much attention to it but noticed this morning the driver's footwell was quite damp. Cannot see any obvious breaks in seal etc. - anyone had smiliar problems?

Is there also a way of checking any water is draining away properly/check for blockages? Had a similar problem with an S Class Merc a few years ago - turned out rainwater was collecting but not draining away due to blocked leaves, meaning it was coming into the car via the passenger footwell and just sitting there - opening up drain plugs on the underneath of the car helped in allowing rainwater sitting in the footwell to drain away.....is there something similar for the L322 - i can't seem to see where the plugs are :/

Post #118613 21st Apr 2012 10:11pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

most common place on modern cars seems to be the scuttle space ... between the bulkhead of the cabin and the bulkhead of the engine bay ... the space where the brake servo sits or the battery ... depending on the side of the vehicle. These areas if blocked up and can spill up and over into the cabin.

I think that your first port of call should be to try and see where the water is hitting the carpet. Is it at the front, back, left , right, up the side etc etc. V8 or else ...

Post #118617 21st Apr 2012 11:28pm
WAZZY786

So I had the chance today to take a look further at the leak. It seems to be on the driver's side the wiper arm is surrounded by rubber and when it rains heavily water is managing to seep through there and straight inside, hitting the wiper mechanism on the inside and then going inside.

I had thought it may be the a/c drains but i couldn't locate the "nipples" on the underside of the L322 - or are they somewhere else :/

The plastic skirting that where there wipers protrude through and that touches the base of the windscreen also has a plastic grommet missing at the middle. One thing that did concern me was where water leaves this plastic skirting via the drain under the driper's side wiper (circle shape grill about the size of a penny), the hose through which the water is being drained into the bottom of the vehicle appears quite short and isn't connected to anything - water looks as if it just hits the side of the car and then goes down before exiting the car near where the mudflaps are

Sooooo decided best thing is for an indy to have a look at it and to take the driver side carpet out to inspect further and dry the carpet out.

Another thing that concerned me is at the tope of the windscreen, where the rails are the rubber isn't stuck down - does anyone know if it should be like this or if it should be firmly stuck down? it's same on both driver and passenger side.....

Post #119515 28th Apr 2012 11:03pm
JimR

2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black
L322 Wet Footwell

Wazzy, what happened?

I've had a near identical problem. When water is poured on the screen it leaves via that small pipe, it then enters the cabin where the huge bunch of wires passes through the bulkhead. The wires run in a channel next to the sill and were bathed in water, no wonder the recent electrical problems. It hasn't dried out as quickly as I thought and I wonder whether water from the AC is also entering

Post #129781 7th Jul 2012 7:58am
WAZZY786

Hi jim

I took it to an indy explained what i thought it was. He checked the seal around the driver's side wiper from inside the engine bay. Replaced that and a couple more things (paid something like £150) altogether. Seems to have fixed the problem!also chdcked the ac drains and they were fine. Hope that helps and good luck with getting yours fixed.

Post #129785 7th Jul 2012 9:46am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

checked mine this morning, round the bottom of the wiper arms, there is a drain pipe leading away from the scuttle, mine doesnt drain, no damp inside yet but after a good clean out of the area it seems to be draining better.

worth checking as it doesnt take much crud to stop the flow. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #129797 7th Jul 2012 11:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1