Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > I was considering buying a 2011 Vogue - LRCS cured me!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 9 <123456789
Print this entire topic · 
steviebabes

England 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

I think we all appreciate your updates. If you hear a long story, you want to know how it ends! I always read your new posts before reading those from others.

I am afraid I can't recall whether you have completed a full assessment of your recoverable losses to see how this compares with their offer. I know you've mentioned the unpleasantness of litigation but, as a customer, I have sued singlepoint mobile phones and the Co-op bank and remained on good terms with both - I was merely asking an impartial third party (the judge) to determine the extent of what they owed me. I agree there are many reasons why a person might choose a less adversarial route to settlement, but an assessment of what your claim would be in law might be a shock for the dealer, a warning to him that you know your rights, and a good guide to judge his offers by. 2003 4.4 HSE Epsom Green / Sand. Lovely!

Post #134088 2nd Aug 2012 3:12pm
Muddywheels

England 

Update

Collected my RRS this afternoon looking like new and dare I say it - running sweet Thumbs Up

Power loss/warning messages blamed on brake switch again but appears to be sorted on third attempt after the master technician personally dealt with it - not the battery after all Rolling Eyes

Still no word from LRCS so although I have seen a 12 plate Westminster, 4k miles with a whopping £20k saving off new price I don't think I dare overstretch myself Sad

I am now going to lie down in a dark room for a few days Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #135021 8th Aug 2012 9:02pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Hopefully at least with your own up and running again you won't have any ongoing problems with it…. Thumbs Up

£20k off a Westminster Thumbs Up can't remember where you said it was tho …

Post #135027 8th Aug 2012 9:27pm
Muddywheels

England 

i didn't Whistle

Laughing Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #135038 8th Aug 2012 10:51pm
Rolo

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Orkney Grey

Glad you got yours back muddy Thumbs Up I truly hope it behaves for you now.

I'd say the best thing is try to enjoy it now for the next few months, then have a re-think if you still want a change.
You'll probably in a better position owning the sport as the price of that shouldn't drop anywhere near as much as the current FFRR with the new one pending. I think mine is loosing £2K a month at the moment Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Come September once the new on is released on sale there could be a whole load of very cheap 6 month to a year old FF's at very good prices.

Post #135083 9th Aug 2012 1:52pm
Allan

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Just to confuse you further... I had a sport for the past 3 years absolutely faultless and a superb car. Time came to either stump up for an extended warranty or change. My local dealer had a year old TDV8 Vogue at a price too good to ignore so I took the plunge...

What a vehicle. Now I know why it is the world's greatest 4x4. The limit of grip is about the same as the sport although it leans more and needs the DSC to control the massive torque output. The steering lock needs slightly more input as well. But it's more comfortable, quieter, faster, more economical (!), and just gives you a feeling of grandeur that the sport never did. It's a shame you can't hear the V8 more in the cabin as it sounds glorious outside when you give it some beans...!

Go buy one you known it makes sense...!

Post #140181 8th Sep 2012 3:32pm
Muddywheels

England 

Loved the vogue but the sport is running like a dream at the moment - albeit a bit slow compared to the 4.4 v8 - so think I will hang on and see how much the old models drop when the new FFRR start appearing on the road Thumbs Up

Might even wait a bit longer and see how much the new ones are after a year but expect residuals will be good at first Sad

Still wish I had bought a FFRR 2 years ago instead of the RRS Big Cry

The mini is not selling so stuck for now anyway Evil or Very Mad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #140201 8th Sep 2012 8:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 9 <123456789