Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Magna Steyr DD295 Transfer Box Teardown
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 9 <123456789
Print this entire topic · 
Halim

Malaysia 2010 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 V8 Nara Bronze

Hello guys, according to Sussex autos, there are 2 types of input shaft. See below the shaft from Sussexautos, slightly different from Phil's photo above, which is what I need. I've checked with TCP (Transfercase Parts), they also have same thing...mmmm, its getting very challenging..appreciate any thoughts from anyone...thank you.

Post #681759 3rd Jan 2024 9:14am
RRPhil

United Kingdom 

The information on the Sussex Autos website certainly indicates that there was a design change from 2011MY and that the earlier input shaft isn’t interchangeable and, worse still, is no longer available.

Click image to enlarge

JPAT list two different input shafts, with the earlier one having a JPAT part no. N901 29 04. It may be worth asking if they can still supply the earlier shaft?

The part numbers do cross-reference with those on MicroCat. Note that the transfer box part numbers LR035617, LR045477, LR049160, LR052611 & LR089531 mentioned in both the Sussex Autos and JPAT data are for the L405 Range Rover from 2013MY onwards, which continued to use the Magna Steyr DD295 transfer box.

One thing I did notice in this JPAT diagram is a tensioner/guide for the Hy-Vo chain

This certainly wasn’t fitted in the transfer case (IAB500280) which was the subject of my teardown.

Also, according to the JPAT catalogue, the Hy-Vo chain itself and its two sprockets seem to change part numbers at the same time that the input shaft changed.

If anyone has any further information on the 2011 design changes it would be very gratefully received.

Phil

Post #682012 6th Jan 2024 5:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 9 <123456789