Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > "Reduced engine performance'
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mercuryf1

Malaysia 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue
"Reduced engine performance'

I have had this problem which even LR Malaysia cannot solve.

The symptoms:
'Check Coolant level' message is constantly on my dash: . Engine temp is normal (never overheats), coolant reservoir is never low. Maybe there is a sensor fault. I will replace the sensor which is on order. Why does my car still tell me to check the level? could it be the concentration amount of coolant/water is not at optimum ratio?

The engine warning light come on from time to time. I take it to LR, they connect my car with their computers and NO faults! They will clear the engine warning light. Problem will go away for a few days but will inevitably return. I will be driving on motorway cruising speeds then suddenly the car will lose power. Then I get the message "Reduce engine performance".

I would switch off the ignition. Car will be ok for another 5 miles of brisk driving then power is lost again. I keep having to pull off the motorway to reset and it is becoming a bit tedious. However this doesn't happen in town... maybe because of low speeds?

Since LR Malaysia tells me there are no fault codes. They just erase the engine warning light but they still haven't solved my problem yet. Any advice guys? '01 1.8i Freelander. Grey/ grey
'06 4.2 S/C Buckingham Blue/ Parchment
'15 5.0 S/C SVA Loire blue/ Black

Post #140670 11th Sep 2012 10:39pm
Joe90

England 

Reduced performance: Isn't this the fuel pump problem on SC's? Lots on forum about this. (dan_uk_1984)

Coolant: sounds like the sensor.... .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #140713 12th Sep 2012 9:25am
stenh02

Scotland 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Rimini Red

The coolant level thing could be related to the sensor or that it doesn't have enough coolant in it as a percentage of the total volume.

The EML can be related (as Joe90 says) to the axillary coolant pump being wired incorrectly or possibility the fuel pump which gets upset when there is less then a quarter tank of fuel. Related to pumping fuel from one side to the other side of the tank.

All three issues have been detailed in this forum and the search function should pick them out.

Hope it is something simple.

G

Post #140963 13th Sep 2012 7:04pm
jemj

England 2010 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Check your coolant for correct amount of antifreeze. Mine did the same due to the coolant mixture being to weak. As soon as it was emptied and refilled with correct mixture (not the blue/green ethyleneglycol type) it was okay. No more warnings and no more performance restrictions. The Best 4x4 by far, so long as you have deep pockets.

Post #141230 15th Sep 2012 10:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1