Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Should caravans be...
Night time driving only
Yes
34%
 34%  [11]
No
65%
 65%  [21]
Total Votes: 32

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
ambulancekidd

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Oslo Blue

I feel that to some motorists a caravan is like a red rag to a bull. If they join the road behind you they just have to get past no matter what speed you are doing with the caravan. I've never hung around when traveling with any of my caravans & its just as frustrating to us when some Sunday driver doddles along at 5miles a fortnight in front of us.

However a word of caution for the barrack room lawyers amongst us. We start heading down a very slippery & dangerous slope when our irritation leads to talk of banning or legislating whatever it may be that annoys us. For example, I was born & raised in the countryside & have been around Land Rovers for my whole life & I'm sure that an awful lot of the forum members would be surprised to hear some country dwellers opinion of people who drives 4X4s with no real "need" to own such a vehicle! It’s extremely hard to properly justify driving a Range Rover for nothing more than pose power? I bet some feathers are ruffled by that last statement but this is my whole point. We need to curb our anger at other folks way of life & things that they do, a bit more live & let live never goes amiss.

Let’s put it another way, the guy who is dawdling along in front of you towing his caravan & pointing out the pretty flowers to Mildred has no concept of your existence or anger as you travel behind him & even if he was aware of your anger, he probably still wouldn't care. Now who's blood pressure is creeping up, yes its your blood pressure that’s shortening your life. Decent drivers of caravan’s 4X4s trucks buses or any other type of vehicle dislikes the drivers who give him/her a bad name & get a bit fed up being berated as if he or she is part of the problem.

Robert. Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

My mobile road block lol :rolllaugh:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  The reason women's minds are cleaner than a mans mind is that women change their minds more often!
When women say fine a mans in deep doodoo as fine has so many meanings.

Post #148567 27th Oct 2012 10:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123