Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Tyre Pressure Monitoring Problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

OK, to try and clear it up.

YES. it can be disabled but not by the dealer systems. You need a Faultmate and you need to edit the CCF file to tell the car it's not fitted. This is by design, mainly so dealers cannot retro-fit the system and enable it themselves. It has to be factory fitted officially so LR can charge 20 times what it costs them.

BUT. Why not fix the problem? This stuff is so darn simple it beggars belief that a dealer can't fix it.

You have a sensor in each wheel which is part of the valve assembly. These have lithium batteries in them which have a life. After 3 years they can fail at any time. You mention replacing 4 of them. What about the spare?

You also have hall effect sensors in the wheel arches and the spare wheel well. These have blind rivets which hold them to the back of the plastic wheel arch liners. Have you checked that they're all still in the correct position? How about the one in the boot? Maybe put a resistance meter across them as well - they should all read the same so if 1 has a clearly different reading them it just might be knackered.

Then there's the various connectors for the sensors and the ECU. Have all these been checked and re-seated?

The trigger point on the sensors is usually 20%. So if we accept the handbook pressures of 34PSI, 7PSI below that should be the trigger point. There is no trigger for excess pressure, only low pressure.

So, things which can go wrong would be the batteries, Sensors, ECU and the bits of wire in between them. That's not a lot of testing to do really. One would reasonably expect a main dealer to be able to sort that.

Post #70441 29th Jun 2011 7:40am
Baben

South Africa 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

I think you are right with the 20% leeway, except that on my system if there is excess pressure I get a "tyre pressure monitoring system fault"

Changing the parameters with the faultmate makes no difference that I can tell.

I have taken to inflating the tyres to 5% under the target so that they dont trip the system error when they heat up during driving. This works so far. It may be better to use nitrogen, as it apparently doesn't heat up?

What also works is fitting wheels without the pressure sensors. Then I just get a "tyre pressure monitoring not available" on startup, which then dissapears.

Naturally I could disable the system with my faultmate too if I was so inclined.

Post #70468 29th Jun 2011 12:50pm
Baben

South Africa 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Just an update on this, mainly for the 2010+ drivers

On my car, the system definitely has a "system error" wobbly whenever the target pressure is exceeded in either "light" or "heavy" load setting.

this happens with both sets of wheels, so I am fairly confident that it is not a sensor issue.

Apart from this, when you have a low pressure below about 25% of the target pressure, the system reports low pressure immediately.

has anyone else experienced this high-pressure issue?

Post #74418 1st Aug 2011 3:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12