Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > l322 dropped on the o/s/f
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
b20wht

l322 dropped on the o/s/f

So I have read topics on suspension dropping time and time again and as soon as I need advice I cant bloody find anything of any use! So I am here asking you guys who (hopefully) know or can advise.

The other day after parking the RR up for about 2-3 hours I noticed the o/s/f was sitting very low, I jumped in started it up and up it went and it seems to have been ok since. But today I tried to put it in off road height mode, the back went up but after about 4-5 mins the front didn't go up fully and the light just continued to flash. I have since dropped it right down and then back to normal height which worked fine. Any ideas of the problem or what I can check for please?

Not sure if its related but the o/s/f has always sat 10mm or so lower than the n/s/f but I put this down to calibration.

Post #201429 29th Jul 2013 9:38pm
b20wht

p.s Just looked out the window at the RR and its bloody sunk again on the o/s/f. Is it most likely the airbag?

Post #201432 29th Jul 2013 9:44pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

probably...stick it in off road and see if it leaks. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #201434 29th Jul 2013 9:57pm
comports

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Mariana Black

As Stan says - it may be that the leak (crack or split) is just above normal ride height on the bag so rises ok to reach normal height. when it extends a bit further towards off road it opens the split and so never makes it fully up. The leak is probably enough to seep out slowly under normal conditions hence it drops eventually.

I would try for too long to inflate to off road as you may end up overworking the compressor till it goes pop as well.

turn the car on, set the switch to off road then jump out and listen close to the offending side to see if you can hear the escape of air.

Not too difficult to replace the airbag but would recommend doing both fronts at the same time. If one has worn out then the other is probably on it's way. Ash
------------------------------------------------------
2016 SDV8 AB

Post #201593 30th Jul 2013 8:19pm
b20wht

Yes you are spot on, I did this earlier on today and I can hear it Censored out the bag. Ordered 1 today so fingers crossed should be here tomorrow and will get fitted. Should be a dam site easier to fit than the rear drive shaft I also had to fit today!! Along with road tax and a rear rose bush it has been a bad month for my RR and I'm only in the 3rd month of ownership. Fingers crossed it will be kind to me now for a few months Very Happy

P.s only ordered 1 as the other side was done the day before I bought it.

Post #201610 30th Jul 2013 9:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1