Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > do they work or are they just a 5 minutes fix..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
greasemonkey1

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

cheers guys... Thumbs Up

Post #217467 19th Oct 2013 8:24am
greasemonkey1

striped and clean out the compressor today and was amazed how quickly and easily the unit came apart,so much for the dealership telling me its a sealed unit ,what a load of Censored that was .. any ways i have changed the seal that sits around the piston head and also change the large o ring,however i will have to wait till the diagnostic machine is plugged into the port in the footwell again to clear the code before i get to know how good of a job the new seals will make...back to dealership on Monday for them to clear the fault and hopefully that will get rid of the " air sus inactive " message on the dash for a couple years..will keep you posted... Very Happy

Post #217574 19th Oct 2013 6:37pm
paul271

Scotland 2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Epsom Green

I've got my old compressor sitting and a new seal kit so I think I'll give it a refurb and see if I can't recoup some costs.

Post #217752 20th Oct 2013 6:58pm
wealy

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Luxor

There was a very helpful German guy on ebay that offered a repair service - it was bob on - can't remember his name but it was less than half the price of a new compressor.

Post #217892 21st Oct 2013 3:42pm
greasemonkey1

right folks just a follow up on this issue,turns out my one was a waste of time & money...the seal that surround the piston head was originally made of some hard plastic ceramic type the new one is made of hard rubber,and what happens when rubber gets very hot,,yes you've guest it,it starts melting and thats what happened to the one i used and it jammed the piston in the cylinder creating a lock out on the air suspension e.c.u..had to get it re set by l.r @ a cost of £70.00..to be perfectly honest the cheap fix is definitely not worth the hassle in my opinion,turns out ive had to put the old seal back on the piston after cleaning the cylinder out removing rubber residue at least now the compressor is creating just enough pressure to lift the vogue up and make it drivable as after the lock out mode the vogue just went down and was sitting on its bump stops,it went really low and was undrivable from the new cheap seal bought off ebay...got a new compressor on order now,this guy that some members mentions about getting the seal from on here might have used a better more durable seal but trust me the ebay ones are to be avoided like the plague.....lesson learnt Whistle " if something is too good to be true then it probably is" Idea

Post #218108 22nd Oct 2013 5:35pm
aus10RRW

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Santorini Black

A word of warning to anyone "refurbing" compressors, as greasemonkey has said, the rubber seal melts at high tempertures.
These refurb kits have, in the past, burst into flames, because of the rubber seals melting, causing a lot of damage and a large dent in the wallet. Maybe its better to spend the extra couple of quid and get a new unit rather than have the headache of dealing with a burnt out Rangie! Big Cry Big Cry

Post #218150 22nd Oct 2013 11:07pm
plumajp

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Oslo Blue

Just a note, meerbusch is no longer selling the kits which came with a new cylindeer head.

He offers the repair facility but this will involve you shipping your compressor off to germany.

I have asked him why he can't sell us the kits if he is still doing the repairs but i'm not getting a very good response as the laguage barrier is proving difficult.

Post #219296 28th Oct 2013 1:37pm
greasemonkey1

thank you for trying plumajp.... Thumbs Up

Post #219341 28th Oct 2013 5:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12