Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Front windshield wiper park position switch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
ksskaret

Norway 2010 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black
Front windshield wiper park position switch

My front wipers are going bananas on my MY2010 and after using my Faultmate following fault code showed up:

Front Windshield Wiper Park Position Switch -:B1C45 -Algorithm Based Failure - event information (intermittent)

After reading various posts on this forum about front wiper problems I expect that this must be due to a faulty front wiper motor - am I on the right track here Question Range Rover TdV8 Autobiography MY2010
Defender 110stw Td5 MY2006

Post #268524 2nd Jul 2014 8:52am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

when you say 'wipers go bananas' , what do you mean? ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #268535 2nd Jul 2014 10:24am
ksskaret

It parks in various places, when doing ONE-swipe it goes 5-15 times before it stops. It seems that there are nothing physical hindering the movement. Smile Range Rover TdV8 Autobiography MY2010

Post #268537 2nd Jul 2014 10:34am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i did a quick google and it seems that defenders have this problem and its due to a faulty 'park switch'..not sure whether the FF has one of these but its worth investigating...

it might be worth clearing the fault and doing a battery reset though.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #268539 2nd Jul 2014 10:40am
ksskaret

Thanks Stan,

I have cleared the faults and even done a battery reset without any improvement Sad

I guess the park switch is a part of the wiper motor ? Range Rover TdV8 Autobiography MY2010

Post #268554 2nd Jul 2014 12:25pm
RRPhil

United Kingdom 

I don't know if the design changed for later models but there's a photo of the park switch from a 2003 model in this post : http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post122708.html

Phil

Post #268558 2nd Jul 2014 12:32pm
ksskaret

Hi Phil,
according to Famous Four it is the same wiper motor so the switch should then be the same.

Do you have 2x relays to the wiper in the engine compartment fuse&relay box, I found R1 & R2 in mine. Range Rover TdV8 Autobiography MY2010

Post #268562 2nd Jul 2014 12:40pm
jellmers

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

I am getting the same issue....

Going to try the relay first, but fear that the motor needs to be changed....

Just as a matter of interest, I do not have the fuse box, under the bonnet on the drivers side?? I am guessing thats because the lump takes up too much compartment space........

Post #627301 30th Mar 2022 10:11am
Westminster_Bri

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

I've just had the exact same issue on my 2012 Westy... It IS the motor park sensor. No way to fix so you will need a new motor... if you leave it, aside from the frustration it will eventually give up the ghost and stop altogether...

The bad news is that Landrover UK don't have any motors in stock, they are on back order following supplier issues post COVID. I ended up getting a second hand one off a 2010 with 80K miles - not ideal but the best I could get Sad

Good Luck

Post #627326 30th Mar 2022 1:37pm
jellmers

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Thanks.....

Just ordered a second hand assembly with motor... As you say not ideal.. Cant source the motor only anywhere.

The thing I was worried about was the fact there are slightly different part numbers.... Some show as 2002-2009 and some show 2002-2013...... Even the part diagram at JLR isn't detailed enough to show what, if any, the differences are.

Just hope this one fits... Just polished the windscreen, and also praying its not going to rain when I need to use the car, till it arrives.......

Post #627327 30th Mar 2022 1:44pm
bishbosh10

United Kingdom 

Any model year will work from my experience. eBay is your friend. Smile Bish.

2005 110 TD5 CSW
2011 TDV8 Vogue SE (gone)

Post #627361 30th Mar 2022 6:16pm
V8rumbler

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Ipanema Sand

jellmers wrote:
Thanks.....

Just ordered a second hand assembly with motor... As you say not ideal.. Cant source the motor only anywhere.

The thing I was worried about was the fact there are slightly different part numbers.... Some show as 2002-2009 and some show 2002-2013...... Even the part diagram at JLR isn't detailed enough to show what, if any, the differences are.

Just hope this one fits... Just polished the windscreen, and also praying its not going to rain when I need to use the car, till it arrives.......

I have the same problem - what is involved with swapping out the motor ? 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Stornoway Grey with Jet interior NOW SOLD
2011 (12MY) 5.0 S/C AUTOBIOGRAPHY ipanemaSand with Jet Interior

Post #628533 13th Apr 2022 9:33am
Westminster_Bri

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Best of luck finding one! My saga (despite what I wrote earlier) has continued! After 3 weeks of faultless operation, my second hand motor has started doing the same thing! I guess you could say I have some very bad luck!

Regarding the part numbers, I have found that on the 2002-2009 models, the linkage is different in that the mounts for the wipers are not the same, so the wipers on a 2010-2012 will not fit... that said the motor I believe is the same. So if you get an earlier linkage you will have to swap out the motor to your existing linkage...

To be honest, given my experience, my fingers have been burnt as no history on a second hand motor is known. (other than knowing it came from an 80K car in my case). So unless you are fortunate enough to locate one from a low mileage truck you are at risk of the same thing happening!

Having trawled through just about every salvage yard from Birmingham southward I found nothing. No one has them. So last week I started trawling main dealers throughout the country to see if any of them had one on the shelf.

After 21 dealers, I lucked out and found one in Plymouth!!! I now have a shiny new motor and linkage and consider myself extremely lucky as given my efforts, reckon it could have been the last one in the country!!

I do have a 2002-2009 second hand linkage with motor if you are desperate (buying it was how I found out about the wiper mount!) - but I know nothing of its age, it was an ebay purchase and was sold as working, and you are welcome to it for the price of the postage (It is heavy)

Good luck with your search!

Brian

Post #628536 13th Apr 2022 10:11am
V8rumbler

Thanks for that - funnily enough plymouth is my local dealer . I will contact them .
Have you fitted it yet ? Any advise on doing it ? 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Stornoway Grey with Jet interior NOW SOLD

Post #628541 13th Apr 2022 10:31am
V8rumbler

Westminster_Bri wrote:
Best of luck finding one! My saga (despite what I wrote earlier) has continued! After 3 weeks of faultless operation, my second hand motor has started doing the same thing! I guess you could say I have some very bad luck!

Regarding the part numbers, I have found that on the 2002-2009 models, the linkage is different in that the mounts for the wipers are not the same, so the wipers on a 2010-2012 will not fit... that said the motor I believe is the same. So if you get an earlier linkage you will have to swap out the motor to your existing linkage...

To be honest, given my experience, my fingers have been burnt as no history on a second hand motor is known. (other than knowing it came from an 80K car in my case). So unless you are fortunate enough to locate one from a low mileage truck you are at risk of the same thing happening!

Having trawled through just about every salvage yard from Birmingham southward I found nothing. No one has them. So last week I started trawling main dealers throughout the country to see if any of them had one on the shelf.

After 21 dealers, I lucked out and found one in Plymouth!!! I now have a shiny new motor and linkage and consider myself extremely lucky as given my efforts, reckon it could have been the last one in the country!!

I do have a 2002-2009 second hand linkage with motor if you are desperate (buying it was how I found out about the wiper mount!) - but I know nothing of its age, it was an ebay purchase and was sold as working, and you are welcome to it for the price of the postage (It is heavy)

Good luck with your search!

Brian

Thanks - also do you have the part number please -?. I need the 2011 one . Also is it the whole setup with linkage or is the motor available separately 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Stornoway Grey with Jet interior NOW SOLD

Post #628546 13th Apr 2022 10:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>