Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > 2002-2006 Replacement head unit running Android
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 35 of 36 <123 ... 343536>
Print this entire topic · 
seewolfe

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue

I can only suggest trying again with the 40 pin block into the BM54 - the first time I plugged it in, it felt like it was inserted correctly. It was only after unplugging it and slowly inserting it in again everything fired up.

The first time, the oem head unit would only display the car stats like it does when the radio is turned off. The left button didn't do anything until I re-plugged the 40 pin block into the BM54.

Does yours do that as well?

Check the pins in the BM54 are all straight and in the correct position to marry up with the new loom.

Post #479502 28th May 2018 7:42am
seewolfe

Latest update.

Just spent 5 hours on the drive fitting the new head unit.

Everything important is in place - apart from all the bits like the glove box, dashboard etc so I will be testing further tomorrow and putting it all back together then. BBQ was on and I needed a beer.

Notes:

The air vents are a pig to remove. Keep at them, bending the clips as much as possible

You have to remove the glove box - to park the oem head unit into and to make it easier to run the new loom. And it's a pain. Not looking forward to put it back tomorrow

You have to cut the back of the head unit dash holder to allow the new head unit to fit. There are no screws to hold it in but I will be looking into some sort of glue to fix that if it moves around.

Mounting the oem head unit in the glove box is required for it to keep the DSP alive. If you thought the usable space in the glove box was a joke then its even funnier when you have to remove the insert to allow the door to shut. So forget having a glove box you can put things into.

When I powered it up in situ to test - no audio. However, everything was powered up and on full volume. Apart from the wheel controls. After turning the volume up on those, audio came out of the speakers and after 4.5 hours in the sun, I almost cried in joy.

Nigelpugh - did you increase the volume on the steering wheel on your install?

After letting the device update to the latest version of Google Play store and setting the correct time zone, I was able to install my preferred apps - Audible, Tom Tom Go and Spotify

Boots up with a BMW logo - pretty sure an update will sort that out.

The loom to the back is not hidden but I'll tackle that once everything is working and everything is ready for the final screw down.

So I've broken the back of the job and the wife is walking to work tomorrow as I've just dumped all the bits in the boot!

Post #480027 3rd Jun 2018 6:46pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

You can change the startup screen in Factory settings, pin to get in is usually 126 but maybe something else, google the head unit you have to find it... you can also use a custom one... a few I have can be found at this link which I will leave up for a while...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r9ydl4f5yykqj1k...u6Dfa?dl=0 Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #480125 4th Jun 2018 3:41pm
seewolfe

Cheers.

I found the factory setting so will upload one of your RR logos tomorrow. The password for my model was '123456' if that helps anyone

Post #480146 4th Jun 2018 8:21pm
ironhorse

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Giverny Green

fit one of these
http://umno-tech.com/catalog/product_info....fae2ec029b

then you can get rid of the head unit

then fit one of these

https://modbmw.com/shop/ibus-interface/
to be able to adgust the clock Thumbs Up

Post #480874 14th Jun 2018 7:46am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

first link is dead... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #480877 14th Jun 2018 7:54am
seewolfe

Thanks - I did see that unit in an earlier thread but IIRC it's about £120 so decided for now that the head unit is staying!

I might change my mind later - the head unit in glove box works but I have to remember to turn it on to get more volume and working steering wheel controls.

Apart from that issue, everything is working very well and I've replaced the standard launder with "Car Launcher Pro" which makes the display a lot easier to manage and gives a nice virtual analogue clock on the dash

Post #480879 14th Jun 2018 8:19am
Danwilderspin

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Coming in late in the day here but why can’t you use dsp? If you look at my nbt thread you will see someone recommended a realer interface with and android tablet and app which can tell the dsp to run all the time (rather than timing out) and accepting a line in signal from your rca outs. This will give you a far better system than connecting directly to the speakers as the amp will handle the crossovers correctly. Cheers Current stable:
2006 BMW M6
2007 4.2 V8 S/C FF
Gone:
2002 4.4 V8 FF

Post #513878 1st May 2019 5:51pm
seewolfe

Cheers. I did see that but its moot for me. The dsp has stopped working now - I get the 9 soft beeps from hell and no audio.

Plus the Eonon unit is rubbish. Every app (apart from TomTom Go thankfully) kept forgetting its settings and downloads. Spotify, Audible were unusable as after a few days they asked for passwords.

Post #513932 2nd May 2019 6:48am
Danwilderspin

Oh no what eonon did you get I just bought one 🤔 I bout the CarPlay interface so will use that most of the time I’m sure Current stable:
2006 BMW M6
2007 4.2 V8 S/C FF
Gone:
2002 4.4 V8 FF

Post #513961 2nd May 2019 10:12am
seewolfe

I purchased the GA8201A

It was odd - I'd set up Spotify, download a load of tracks to internal storage and a week later they would disappear. Same for Audible and sometimes it would then forget the login details of both apps.

I did insert a memory card to see if it was a local storage issue but non of the apps would use it. And sitting in my car on my drive trying to fix it got boring real quick.

Then the speakers stopped working so I just use it as a Sat Nav with the excellent Tom Tom Go now - which is enough for me.

Post #514003 2nd May 2019 3:35pm
Chasazim

Australia 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

Oh oh. I bought the Eonon ER9201, i havfitted it and all seemed to be working as it should except i was unable to find where to connect the radio aerial, but now the funstarts first when i first started in the morning the steering dropped right down and the memory in my seat seemed to have forgotten where it was supposed tobe, went for a drive and the enjine ran hot, let it stand till it cooledand checked coolant, full up. Checked battery and the battery wasabout 11 volts soi put it on charge over night,next morning same thing, steering dropped and enjine ran hot, let it cool and went for a run, temperature cool and steering remembered its position. Went for another run later and all seemed ok but then i noticed the idle speed was up over1000 rpm,????
This has got me thinking is there some way this Eonon can interfer with the enjin managment settings, such as advance and idile, or what have i Censored up. Thanks for any help and sugestions.

Post #516860 29th May 2019 2:31pm
Danwilderspin

Just try one thing- disconnect the little canbus box it can be with all should work except steering controls and report back if it fixes it Current stable:
2006 BMW M6
2007 4.2 V8 S/C FF
Gone:
2002 4.4 V8 FF

Post #516882 29th May 2019 5:56pm
pietertje

Netherlands 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

The car reving high sounds like a battery drain/low battery voltage to me. Just disconnect the little box first and see if that changes things.
There is also (in settings) a function to keep the headunit awake. Mine has a delayed switch off of 20 minutes. How is yours set?

could it be time for a new battery? 2002 L322 V8

Post #516891 29th May 2019 8:04pm
Chasazim

Australia 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

Morning all, thanks for the replys, i don,t know if this makes a difference but i have the old head unit in the glove box and i only used the long harness to reach the rear, the two short harness have not been used, yes my battery is draining as i have to keep charging it up. I will get another battery and seehow it goes.

Post #516912 30th May 2019 1:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 35 of 36 <123 ... 343536>