Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Bl00dy FBH again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

^now that is a good point I hadn’t thought of!! There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #505508 17th Feb 2019 8:49pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

For information sakes I thought i thought I would tag my recent experience on to this thread...

My 405 was booked in for constant “LOW BATTERY” warnings and my FHB had stopped working. They found a pump to be under powered so replaced it as it would have certainly failed completely soon afterward! But this was not the source of my issues! So, both batteries were new so they checked them and all was in order, they then found the battery management system was functioning incorrectly and telling the car the battery was low in charge! When it clearly wasn’t!

The fault was this. Every time I drove the car, the moment you turned the car off “beep, LOW BATTERY PLEASE START ENGINE “ would be displayed. If you didn’t drive the car for 3 or 4 days the car wouldn’t start BUT the batteries were still charged! You could even put it on its own Land Rover branded L405 trickle charger overnight and STILL Bong when you opened the door in the morning!!! Grrrrrrr Banging Head

So, Land Rover replaced the BMS brain and loaded all new software and it took a week of charging charging charging! Before the system finally worked! Now, the FBH works again and all is well when you leave the car a few days without starting... BIZZARE Whistle

The moral to this post is this... Even if you put your car on a charger, this is not a sure fire way to prove the FBH system works! Due to a battery fault! The BMS could well be the route of a lot of owners problems... Thumbs Up

Post #505767 20th Feb 2019 8:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123