Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Re Map on my TD6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
Fox

United Kingdom 

2(ish) mpg seems pretty typical on a remap. It's when people start quoting crazy increases I get suspicious as mentioned Scarey.

Often wondered if people started to drive more carefully to see what they can get and then attribute all the increase to the remap, when a fair share is down to a difference of driving style. I could never get my Td6 under 28mpg, but then I am a plodder. Currently averaging 29.3mpg on the TDV8 driving it the same way I was averaging 30.4mpg on the Td6.

Post #35174 8th Nov 2010 12:47pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i was sceptical about vast increases as well richard, but an extra 2mpg around town and an extra 4/5 mpg on a run is very welcome by me...my driving hasnt changed from before to after remap so that factor can be taken out..i have noticed that the engine and gear change is more smoother ..i'm forward to slightly better mpg figures once everything has settled... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #35180 8th Nov 2010 1:10pm
Fox

United Kingdom 

I found previously (different engine though) that there was more of an mpg increase at slower speeds due to changing gear patterns, fuelling etc... which can be tweaked.
On a run it was a steady 70mph at the same rpm in the same gear... so less variables to improve.

Just my experience of remaps. But it makes sense to me. Laughing

Glad you are finding the vehicle nicer to drive Scarey. Thumbs Up

Post #35184 8th Nov 2010 1:22pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

cheers mate.....

i do have an admission though , on saturday [after remap] whilst following a car on an 'A' road travelling at 50 ish i easily overtook him at just over 80 mph without realising..made my white hair go even whiter....so there is better acceleration as well Very Happy .. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #35195 8th Nov 2010 1:45pm
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

So overall then, a noticeable difference? 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #35415 9th Nov 2010 4:57pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

yes definitely noddy, in drive and mpg... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #35417 9th Nov 2010 4:59pm
piersie

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Epsom Green

Hi Guys, just had my TD6 vogue remapped this afternoon. (Black code,Southampton). The guy came to my hse,and first did an engine diagnostic. No warning codes so already to go.

I am offered either a performance map, i am so happy with performance but economy would be nice.

So economy map it is,the guy says i will see a marked difference in performance but a huge difference in MPG.

Nice guy Simon,he knows what he is doing,down loads my ecu and sends the data back to boffins,half an hour later new map arrives on pc,ten mins to down load job done.

Guys no kidding the performace is amazing, i mean amazing. Have only done 12 ,miles to test it,popped into Maidenhead and back,my reset trip is showing 31.7 which i have never seen before.

Tomorrow will tell as i am on a run,but i recon its the best £410 i have ever spent. Very Happy Very Happy Rolling with laughter

Post #43076 21st Dec 2010 5:57pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

piersie wrote:
Hi Guys, just had my TD6 vogue remapped this afternoon. (Black code,Southampton). The guy came to my hse,and first did an engine diagnostic. No warning codes so already to go.

I am offered either a performance map, i am so happy with performance but economy would be nice.

So economy map it is,the guy says i will see a marked difference in performance but a huge difference in MPG.

Nice guy Simon,he knows what he is doing,down loads my ecu and sends the data back to boffins,half an hour later new map arrives on pc,ten mins to down load job done.

Guys no kidding the performace is amazing, i mean amazing. Have only done 12 ,miles to test it,popped into Maidenhead and back,my reset trip is showing 31.7 which i have never seen before.

Tomorrow will tell as i am on a run,but i recon its the best £410 i have ever spent. Very Happy Very Happy Rolling with laughter

Sounds like and excellent job very well done. Thumbs Up

Post #43081 21st Dec 2010 6:09pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Had my steinbauer Powerbox fitted before rolling down to Austria last Saturday (just got out of the UK in time by the sounds of it). Got 25.3 MPG and over 530 miles on one tank (got 28 MPG over 2000 miles overall last year without the box). The computer read 24.3 MPG.

can maybe discern a slight more responsiveness but nothing earth shattering although the gearchange does seem a bit smoother.

one worrying thing is that when accelerating hard uphill in the mountains the car judders slightly, a kind of surge back and forth (like hunting).

Anyone got any thoughts on why? I did add some injector cleaner to the fuel on setting off so hope it's not an injector blockage.

May unplug the box and do the same road later this week to compare. All other systems working faultlessly on my "low-grade HSE" Rolling Eyes but it did tend to wander when changing lanes on the motorways but that was at 80 MPH!! Whistle

Post #43087 21st Dec 2010 6:49pm
piersie

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Epsom Green

Just to ammend my last post, i used Black code of Portsmouth (not Southampton).

And the tech guys name is Simon. Watch this space when i do a few miles tomorrow. Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #43130 22nd Dec 2010 4:36am
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

piersie wrote:
Just to ammend my last post, i used Black code of Portsmouth (not Southampton).

And the tech guys name is Simon. Watch this space when i do a few miles tomorrow. Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Still watching! Laughing 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #49675 11th Feb 2011 9:10am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

This has got me thinking about it all over again.

Everyone knows where I would go and get it done and as has been said before, price difference versus peace of mind, experience and LR know-how are immeasurable in my mind.

Essentially £414 or £450 with an ITG air filter too (had one of those on the Sport SC and made a nicer sound). I just LOVE the TDV8 as it is out of the box, but a chipped one makes my heart flutter at the thought out of it. Very Happy Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #49679 11th Feb 2011 10:02am
GregP

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Adriatic Blue

I'm going to be looking at the autologic remap this weekend. Anyone had any experience with it?
I'd prob prefer JE but they are miles away and cannot do it remotely. Autologic can be done anywhere that has autologic equipment and software. FFRR TD6 HSE
Adriatic Blue with Parchment leather.

Post #49684 11th Feb 2011 10:18am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Dolphinboy wrote:
Had my steinbauer Powerbox fitted before rolling down to Austria last Saturday (just got out of the UK in time by the sounds of it). Got 25.3 MPG and over 530 miles on one tank (got 28 MPG over 2000 miles overall last year without the box). The computer read 24.3 MPG.

can maybe discern a slight more responsiveness but nothing earth shattering although the gearchange does seem a bit smoother.

one worrying thing is that when accelerating hard uphill in the mountains the car judders slightly, a kind of surge back and forth (like hunting).

Anyone got any thoughts on why? I did add some injector cleaner to the fuel on setting off so hope it's not an injector blockage.

May unplug the box and do the same road later this week to compare. All other systems working faultlessly on my "low-grade HSE" Rolling Eyes but it did tend to wander when changing lanes on the motorways but that was at 80 MPH!! Whistle

Everyone else I've ever heard of was delighted with after chipping. And there is a noticeable difference in acceleration every time. Everyone's definition of 'earth shattering' will vary, but it's ususally enough to cause a discernible smile. I'd go back in your shoes. Seems like you've gained nothing and lost frugality... 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #49702 11th Feb 2011 1:03pm
Flashman

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Is there any way to tell if a car has been remapped by a previous owner? My Td6 has very smooth acceleration and seems to be very comfortable in reaching high speeds with plenty in reserve. No flat spots or lagging. It makes me wonder if it has been remapped already.

Would be pointless to pay £400 to find out it did not need it. Tom

Current Drive
2011 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography - Santorini Black - Ivory Leather

Previous Drives
2004 Model Vogue Td6 (Touchscreen) - Java Black - Parchment Leather
1994 RR Classic 3.9 V8 Soft dash - Niagara Grey - Grey Leather
1972 Series III SWB Safari - Green (Hand Painted) - Black Plastic

Post #68165 11th Jun 2011 9:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>