Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Will 2010 Mantec underbody protection fit 2004 L322?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
chex

Kenya 
Will 2010 Mantec underbody protection fit 2004 L322?

Found a mantec undertray but seller says its for the 2010 model, will it not fit the early MY cars? 2004 L322 V8

Post #361852 12th Dec 2015 4:12pm
Weejock

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

IGNORE SEE BELOW!!

Which undertray bit are you referring too as there are three plates in total.
The centre (tank) and rear (exhaust) guards I believe are the same as the underneath won't have changed.
You do need the factory towbar to fit the rear Mantec exhaust underbody protection.

The front sump guards are different between 2005 onwards facelift models and earlier.
The early one requires the lower valance to be removed to fit and sits almost invisibly on the bottom of the bumper (when viewed from the front):

Click image to enlarge

I think there is an even flatter version of that one for non-winch equipped cars.

The later facelift version is wider and has 'mesh' style uprights in the corners which go into cutouts into the facelift bumper.:

(more pics here: https://netshumo.smugmug.com/Rover-Mods/Ma.../i-jXN6tVf )

I have both versions of the front sump guards but instead of using the earlier one on my '02 model I modified the later guard to fit as it provides more protection on the corners, you don't have to remove the lower valance and tidies up the wheel arch liners better. I cut the 'mesh' uprights off flush and it then bolts on over the top of the lower valance. The only issue is it sticks out about 20mm past the bumper on the sides (the facelift bumper is wider at the bottom). Ideally these want cutting back and rewelding but it's not much of an issue.
My later Mantec sump guard is also solid plate from front to rear, it doesn't have cut outs underneath as per the photo above (which I guess were done for ease of servicing and cleaning of debris).

So in answer to your question, the later facelift one is different but will fit the pre-facelift with slight modification and provides better protection on the sides.
Mine is not on the car at the moment otherwise I would post some photos.

Last edited by Weejock on 13th Dec 2015 12:18pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #361961 12th Dec 2015 11:16pm
chex

Kenya 

My car has been facelifted so sounds good! Just to confirm, is this the one you have:

[/img] 2004 L322 V8

Post #361981 13th Dec 2015 8:22am
Weejock

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

Sorry! Ignore my post above!!!
A bit more research was needed as I haven't kept up with it and Mantec have changed the design again for 2010 onwards.

The history of the Mantec front guards is, as far as I can make out this:

It starts with a very early universal version (fits winch and non-winch) that keeps the bottom valance. You can see it here with winch:

and here non-winch:

I assume, as it offered little corner protection, the design was changed which required the removal of the bottom valance. It came in non-winch version and winch version, the only difference being the cutouts to accommodate the winch supports, winch version here:
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The above will fit from 2002 to 2005 L322's.

Then from 2005-2009 it is changed to cope with the facelifted bumper which makes it wider and comes with 'mesh' uprights:

Click image to enlarge

It was changed again in 2010 to again accommodate the change in front end and what you have pictured is the 2010-2013 L322 version.
I don't know if that version can be successfully fitted to an early model but I have seen someone posting that they couldn't make it fit.

The wider, facelifted version (2005-2009) with the vents can be fitted with some modifications to a pre-facelifted car (2002-2005), that's what I did.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #362018 13th Dec 2015 12:11pm
chex

Kenya 

Thanks for all the detail! 2004 L322 V8

Post #362070 13th Dec 2015 4:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1