Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > great!!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
ajac8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

The unelected bureaucrats and commissioners plus the Remain campaign clearly and woefully underestimated the depth of feeling in the country on the issues of immigration and Sovereignty. Nobody I know (and I bet that goes for 90% of the electorate) had the foggiest idea about the economic arguments and risks.

The free movement of people and the seemingly endless meddling of British values and laws by the grey suits over the water had to be stopped.

The European Court of Human Rights??? WTF!!!! Evil or Very Mad 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #393008 25th Jun 2016 5:35pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

Who deleted the post ? Evil or Very Mad All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #393012 25th Jun 2016 6:27pm
dingg1

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

which post ?

post it again quick Confused

Post #393053 25th Jun 2016 10:42pm
archermav

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

themule wrote:
If people voted leave because they thought the economic benefits would be positive or that the EU is finished then of course they shouldn't be ashamed. Time will tell on that one.

But if people voted to leave because of ignorance, racism and xenophobia, which was what much of the leave campaign was about, then they should be ashamed.

To avoid that nationalism and xenophobia was what the EU was originally started for - in that at least it has been successful and has prevented major wars in Europe for 70 years .

Oh dreary me, the old racism card. Always handy to pull out when the discussion isn't going your way. And do you really honestly believe that it is the EU who are responsible for peace. I mean really.

Post #393057 25th Jun 2016 11:06pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Maybe Scotland should find out if they can get back in the EU because as far as most of the TV reports I have seen interviewing people their phrase is " we are glad to have England back to be be English again " and here was me thinking it was the UK that voted ..... Whistle

Post #393059 25th Jun 2016 11:15pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

But didn’t the majority of the scotlandish people vote to stay in and the majority of the UK vote to leave Mick... Whistle Thumbs Up

Post #393060 25th Jun 2016 11:19pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

XXXAngelXXX wrote:
As much as i agree with you islanders about stüpid EU regulations and laws - i don't think, that that was a smart move.... this will cost you a lot of money and employment my friends... :/

Thanks for saving me the time, Angel. Thumbs Up I'm not a big EU fan either, but this? Wiped out $2 trillion overnight, £ at its lowest level since 1985, Scotland will likely leave (and who'd blame them), and it took until a Friday morning news programme for Farage to break the promise that all the money "saved" would go to the NHS. Shocked Shocked Shocked

As the young, who'll be left to actually PAY for this mess, voted to Remain, I wonder when they'll start complaining about their EU rights being stripped and demand to right to choose between EU and English citizenship. Google already reported a huge spike in searches on optaining Irish (republic) passports, but it's not likely everyone qualifies.

Post #393066 26th Jun 2016 1:56am
JOKER

Scotland 

Suppose Craig ... Thumbs Up

Post #393090 26th Jun 2016 9:14am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

XXXAngelXXX wrote:
Who deleted the post ? Evil or Very Mad

only martin and myself can delete posts......it wasnt me so it must have been martin, or , most likely your post is in the other thread.... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #393095 26th Jun 2016 9:49am
XXXAngelXXX

Upper class comic figure.

*Only people say that the withdrawal from the EU is economically fatal, who didn’t shortened British economy in the first place.*

i hope the translation is correct.... All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #393102 26th Jun 2016 10:23am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

themule wrote:
If people voted leave because they thought the economic benefits would be positive or that the EU is finished then of course they shouldn't be ashamed. Time will tell on that one.

But if people voted to leave because of ignorance, racism and xenophobia, which was what much of the leave campaign was about, then they should be ashamed.

The above video is funny, but imagine it redone with Hitler's speeches instead of Churchill's and footage of the SS overrunning the Ukraine. Now imagine that video if Germany voted to leave the EU.

My belief is that some people voted to leave because they believe that Britain is a 'better' country than other European countries and that a (probably white) British person is 'better' than other people.

To avoid that nationalism and xenophobia was what the EU was originally started for - in that at least it has been successful and has prevented major wars in Europe for 70 years .

Bow down Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

The EU should go back to being a economic block first and foremost to ensure that all countries within that EU block (and the EEA and EFTA countries to some extent) to trade together in the best possible way for all and trade outside the EU in the best possible way to all. The political forging of a "European country" where we all have the same laws etc. should maybe take more of a backstep and there should definitely be more concensus building on the immigration/refugee issues.

And how to deal with the financially weak countries should be improved, not that everyone has the feeling they are losing out bailing out the Greeces/Portugals etc.....

The EU is good for Europe but should be much better. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Last edited by ebajema on 26th Jun 2016 10:43am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #393103 26th Jun 2016 10:32am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Well said Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #393105 26th Jun 2016 10:33am
Rafterman

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

+1 The worst thing about being retired is you miss out on all the bank holidays

Post #393117 26th Jun 2016 11:52am
XXXAngelXXX

+1 All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #393120 26th Jun 2016 12:19pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I'm not well educated, and as such can't really compete with the more literate on here, I don't know all the facts, I can't guess the future but I've seen and been through alot of lifes challenges in the last 53 years. I'm English, I'm British AND I'm European..

A few months ago I would have voted to remain, but the daily threats and intimidation, the rolling out of billionaires to support the cause was one of the most ill thought out political strategies I have ever witnessed. I note the insults have continued about peoples intelligence and stupidity etc who dared to vote Brexit. Did they never think of gentle persuasion, coercion and giving us TRUE facts as a tactic? I may not be up the top end of the IQ scale but I do know what democracy looks like and it didn't look like the EU.

I have to rely a fair bit on what others say about our position within Europe and the EU, these quotes, among others, helped me decide where I thought this country should be going...

In a global race, can we really justify the huge number of expensive peripheral European institutions? Can we justify a commission that gets ever larger? Can we carry on with an organisation that has a multibillion pound budget but not enough focus on controlling spending and shutting down programmes that haven't worked?

We have the character of an island nation: independent, forthright, passionate in defence of our sovereignty. We can no more change this British sensibility than we can drain the English Channel. And because of this sensibility, we come to the European Union with a frame of mind that is more practical than emotional.

People are increasingly frustrated that decisions taken further and further away from them mean their living standards are slashed through enforced austerity or their taxes are used to bail out governments on the other side of the continent.

Taken as a whole, Europe's share of world output is projected to fall by almost a third in the next two decades. This is the competitiveness challenge - and much of our weakness in meeting it is self-inflicted. Complex rules restricting our labour markets are not some naturally occurring phenomenon.

Funnily enough they are all quotes by David Cameron, a Prime Minister I think is only seconded by Margaret Thatcher, both these leaders took their eye off the ball in the end and "forgot" about the wants and needs of the guy/girl in the street.

Look at the result of the vote, some of the UK is broken.

Study the results map and think about it. You do not need to be a genius to work it out. London has prospered but what about the rest? Left behind? Forgotten? Disenfranchised? I see NO benefits of EU membership, I'm sure there are some but I don't see them, just that the European Parliament is out of control. It is a gravy train for those involved. It is heading towards a FIFA of an organisation.

If we play this right we might just end up leading Europe, paving the way, reopening closed doors, leading from the front,helping those that really need our help whilst still maintaining our identity.

If we all stop pointing the finger, and work together, we can put the "Great" back into Britain.

Which reminds me of another quote, well, Aesop's fable that led to a famous quote....

A lion used to prowl about a field in which Four Oxen used to dwell. Many a time he tried to attack them; but whenever he came near they turned their tails to one another, so that whichever way he approached them he was met by the horns of one of them. At last, however, they fell a-quarrelling among themselves, and each went off to pasture alone in the separate corner of the field. Then the Lion attacked them one by one and soon made an end of all four.

United we stand, divided we fall. Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #393123 26th Jun 2016 12:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>