Post Reply  Down to end
Page 26 of 43 <123 ... 252627 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

WOW RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #522611 24th Jul 2019 3:19am
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Looks like my insurance company are not happy with me now Rolling with laughter I have point blank refused to deal with any of them by phone from now on, for clarity and legal purposes, have stated that all communication is done via email from now on. This is so that anything said by them, can't be later denied or twisted! So stuff'em, I am on the war path, and I certainly won't be renewing with this company in 2 months time. The only insurance company that I had a good experience with was Adrian Flux, I think I will be contacting them next month for a quote and hope to go back with them.

It was funny with my Mum yesterday though, when we got back, she thought we were dropping her car off and going out for lunch in this beast, and I told her hell no as the only journey I was willing to do for now is to get it home. So ended up taking the other Range Rover out even though I told her it wasn't really available for the job owing to the fact it is full to the brim with car parts still Rolling with laughter

At the moment I am having major mixed emotions. On 1 hand, I love this motor, it won't cost a massive amount to fix and I can have it back on the road, on the other, I have 2, and ideally need to get a van instead, or go for my towing test and buy a box trailer instead. Or I want a rough and ready toy to off road, although if I was going to view this car now as it stood, I would take is as rough and ready now thanks to all the additional damage and would just off road it. But it is my baby.

What will probably end up happening is, I will probably end up with a van in addition to these 2 Rolling with laughter but not sure if my other half would forgive me or allow me to have a another vehicle Laughing

Post #522629 24th Jul 2019 10:21am
verydisco

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tangiers Orange

green-oval-nut wrote:
Enough is enough of this rubbish with muppets being contracted by my muppet of an insurance company, I have just invested in a tracker. £5 a month which includes live data, instant notifications every time my doors are opened or the car is started. Now I can keep a much closer eye on the car as soon as it is fitted which should be this weekend. And best of all, I can remove it and fit it to any car I want and is a hard installed device. Wish I had done this sooner.

You could not make this all up, could you!

Would you mind telling me the name/details of the device as I am looking for some also. cheers l=Oo\________/oO=l l:OolΞΞΞΞΞΞΞloO:l

Current
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L SDV8 - 2013 - Indus Silver, on Almond.
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L V8 - 2002 - ex-2003 G4 Challenge Event Vehicle, Stage 3: Australia
RANGE ROVER HSE 4.4L V8 - 2004 - one-of-one Overfinch
RANGE ROVER P38a 4.0L V8 - 1999 - ex-2000 TReK Event Vehicle: South Africa

Previous:
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L TDV8 - 2012 - RANGE ROVER 3.6L TDV8 x3 - RANGE ROVER Td6 x1 - RANGE ROVER Classic 3.5L V8 x1

Post #522633 24th Jul 2019 10:39am
green-oval-nut

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DB2-Car-Van-Veh...2749.l2649

Not a recommendation yet, but this is the device I have bought.

And at least I can say my life isn't boring Rolling with laughter

Been given an emergency appointment at hospital to test me for a tumour they think they detected on one of the bones in my feet which was only found by accident after breaking my foot in a different place again. But Censored happens, then you die.

But as long as I manage to deal with 1 problem at a time, I think I will be ok. If I don't laugh, I will cry.

Post #522634 24th Jul 2019 10:49am
green-oval-nut

Well, the tracker is fitted, and for what it cost, I am actually impressed. Took the car for a very very short drive just to test the tracker. It worked spot on. It has 7 days free access which I am using now and will top up the account at the end of the 7 days. It is time consuming to set up online though.

Only real down side is the length of wire they give, and shocking suggestion of where it should be placed. On your battery Rolling with laughter

Not where I have fitted mine, although the current location is temporary and will be moved again on Sunday if the weather is ok.

I will say also that it was a good thing that I decided to fit this, as Guy Salmon's technician FORGOT to tighten up the positive lead on my battery.

I also had to adjust the hinges on the drivers door today to get the door to shut better. So I believe the hinges are possible bent.

Post #522897 26th Jul 2019 6:24pm
green-oval-nut

To stop the handle from breaking on the door, I had to adjust the hinges, so now the door opens and shuts but not as well as it used to, also replaced the rear number plate today as the old one was badly faded and made almost unreadable in this last weeks mega heat wave. So at least it looks tidy again.

Annoyingly the weather was wet, so couldn't get everything I wanted to do on the V8 done today, as I was planning on re-wiring the reverse camera so that I don't have to wait up to 20 seconds for my phone to connect to it.

The rest of the number plate was far worse and almost unreadable.

Post #523013 27th Jul 2019 8:56pm
green-oval-nut

Sunday was supposed to be a day out with the dogs and taking Tank down the byways, but Saturday I ended up spending the night in hospital and was sent home Sunday with meds and told to rest. So boredom set in properly by around 3pm, so after a trip to the shops in Tank and replacing the bulbs, I got tinkering with this beast. Got fed up with the reverse camera not kicking in quick enough as the camera has to power up, the wifi has to boot and then connect to my phone Rolling Eyes This takes about 20 seconds, that 20 seconds to any other driver on the road including me, might as well be all day, so decided to get on and rewire it. It has 3 wires, Positive, negative and a switch lead, I was hoping to find an ignition live lead, I tried a piggy back fuse in every fuse slot, I found out the hard way that there is no ignition live fuses, but after talking to a mate, found out that pin 87 on the fuel pump relay is the way to go. So next good day of good weather or me feeling up to it, I am going to run 4 extended wires for the fuel pump relay and attach the positive of the reverse camera to it. This if my friend is correct which he normally is, should give me what I am after.

After I have finally managed to get some sleep tonight, I will also be getting on the phone to my insurance company as they are refusing to communicate by email, and get my cars latest assessment booked. This time it is being done at the garage I specified.

Post #523128 29th Jul 2019 1:24am
gj88

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

They can't refuse to communicate by email, that's just stupid. Sounds like they're being difficult for the sake of it now

Post #523136 29th Jul 2019 8:02am
ur20v

A Trap 

Deleted

Last edited by ur20v on 4th Oct 2021 3:33pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #523165 29th Jul 2019 12:54pm
green-oval-nut

After telling the insurance company they must be allergic to emailing, I got an email Rolling with laughter

But the saga has taken a dramatic turn, Rolling Eyes I feel like a star in my own soap drama. I left a review on Yell about the accident repair company before I had collected my car from the main dealer, lucky them or it would be a longer worse review, it was truthful, and my experience of them, as others had done also, but over the last few weeks, reviews started disappearing, Well, the bad reviews did anyway, I received a lovely email sent via Yell.com's complaint system, they have stated that my car was being driven by me between the time of the accident, right up to the day it was delivered to them and that they have seen it being driven, Well, this had me in stitches of laughter, because guess what I have on my house, A camera Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter So now downloaded the entire footage from the moment my car got home from the accident, right up to the moment the accident repair garage dropped me home 2 days after the accident where the car doesn't move even a centimetre Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Don't make up a load of Censored if you don't want to come out looking like a Censored at the end of it!

Yell asked me for my full personal information, which they wanted to share with the repair garage, I have no issues with that, they had it all anyway and if they want a nose to nose, Happy to oblige! But they are threatening to sue me for defamation of character Rolling with laughter It isn't defamation if it's true Rolling with laughter

Yell asked me if I would be willing to agree for the review to be removed. My reply was HELL NO! I want it back up asap where everyone can see it, and if the dosy Censored want to take me to court for defamation, please let it be on Rinder! I will enjoy thoroughly humiliating them on national TV and destroying their reputation showing them for who they really are.

I of course made sure that the garage definitely got my response, so popped onto their website and used the contact form to reiterate what I said to Yell. Rolling with laughter

I have also notified my insurance company of this situation. They created it, they can fix it.

But getting back to the car, they have flip flopped on the decision for me to take it to the garage I want, and have decided that they need to send assessor number 4 to see my car, this time at my home and with me present. This is also to see the damage that PK did to my car while they had it. But in addition to this, I have told the insurance company that the car is booked in for the 9th into a well known very good garage, and it will be going in no matter what, whether it be on an AA truck or a recovery truck of the insurance companies choosing.

One way or another, Oscar will be fixed.

Now I need to work out which relay is the fuel pump relay in the back as I need to piggy back 1 of the pins.

I do wish things weren't such a fight. I resent having to pay insurance with how the insurance companies treat their clients.

My complaint is now being investigated in depth as it is a huge one.

But for now, I am steaming ahead with little jobs on both the Range Rovers, as and when I have the energy as I am very ill at the moment.

Post #523262 30th Jul 2019 2:06am
ur20v

A Trap 

Deleted

Last edited by ur20v on 4th Oct 2021 3:34pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #523264 30th Jul 2019 7:27am
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

keep at em RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #523300 30th Jul 2019 12:41pm
green-oval-nut

ur20v wrote:
My experiences so that when things go wrong with repair workshops and insurance companies, it snow balls, with everyone getting intrenched. Looks like your experience is mirroring mine.

I would start giving them deadlines with actions and consequences.

Have they given you a hire car? You need some sort of financial cost or leverage for them to move this forward.... with me they took the hire car back them did nothing for 18 months while the ombudsman looked into my case and made a ruling.

No hire car provided yet. Luckily I managed to find the money at the beginning of this saga to get my TD6 injector done so I had that back on the road so not stranded.

Post #523310 30th Jul 2019 2:28pm
green-oval-nut

Everything has happened all at once, I am really unwell so been sleeping a lot, and woke up today to dozens of missed calls!
1 lot were from a recovery company who were confused as to why my repaired car wasn't at the garage they had been told it was at Shocked

Repaired? Errrrrmmmm, hang on a minute, unless the fairies nicked my car in the middle of the night and it was taken away and fixed while I was asleep, I am pretty sure it is still parked, unused, outside of my house Rolling with laughter Even looked out the window and checked the tracker to confirm my eyes weren't lying to me Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

The next bunch were my insurance companies complaint executive, who would fit right in on Love Island, The Only Way is Essex and a few other brain dead filled shows by the intelligence Rolling with laughter

Thought I better check my emails, lucky thing I did, as the insurance complaints exec had emailed me to say that the garage I chose have refused to take delivery of my car and can't do the work Shocked

So immediately I contacted the owner of the garage, who then sent me the recorded call. I was in absolute stitches of laughter, and what the insurance company had said by email was totally innacurate.

And again, the car was outside my house while apparently attempting to be delivered to the garage Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

So my car has magical powers and can astro project itself across the country now Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Still got 1 more bunch of muppets to deal with, but my head is hurting from all this so needed a break from dealing with them.

Next people to deal with are the very same independent assessors that visited my car at PK's, who need to see the car again due to the damage I have told the insurance company about.

Someone please put me out of my mysery. This has to be a very bad long running joke!

Although I had a wonderful email come through while I was dealing with these idiots, from JLR Customer Services, THANK YOU Bow down Thumbs Up It is just what I needed. The icing on the cake. PK Claimed and Guy Salmon claimed that driving a Range Rover on bump stops does not cause any damage, Contradicting the owners manual, JLR put in writing that if the owners manual states driving on bump stops can cause damage, then it can cause damage!

And BREATHE.

I have told the complaints exec that there is no way based on the work that has been approved the additional damage and excessive wear and tear done to my car during its time with PK, that my car will be able to be back to the pre-accident condition and that even now, I refuse to drive the car as it is not safe in my opinion.

So the car is still booked in for the assessment at the garage they claimed had refused delivery Laughing
Call-Assist are awaiting instructions Rolling Eyes
My insurance company couldn't and can't organise a Censored up in a brewery.
My car is still outside my house with a tracker fitted that I haven't told the insurance company about YET as this will be an ace up my sleeve if I need it.
And I am more stressed out than ever, BUT think I am finally making headway with this case.

And because of all the aggravation with dealing with idiots, it stopped me from attending PK in person to tell a few fortunes. May still happen on Thursday when I have certain 2 wheeled club member family with me though.

We shall see what comes next.

As my friend says, You couldn't make this Censored up!

I need some tinkering time with the car now to calm down Laughing

Post #523314 30th Jul 2019 2:55pm
green-oval-nut

The saga continues, but this is more funny than extremely bad.

My insurance company rang my chosen garage directly, telling him they wanted to deliver the car TODAY Shocked Laughing
When the insurance company were told on at least 4 separate occasions by email that the car is booked in for the 9th August Rolling with laughter Thankfully the garage owner dealt with them and now my car is being recovered to the garage on the day it is due in Thumbs Up

My insurance company couldn't organise a toilet break, let alone follow a set of simple instructions.

Never mind. 1 task organised, now awaiting contact from the independent assessors from Lesicestershire to come down to Kent and inspect the car Laughing

My insurance company sure as hell know how to blow the cash. Shame they don't use the money more efficiently or regulate / vet the accident repair centres they approve, or better yet, vet the staff they employ a bit better Rolling with laughter

But this saga hasn't stopped me from carrying on with little odd jobs here and there.

I now have a full time rear view camera that automatically comes on with the app on in a split second that only powers up now when the ignition is switched on thanks to a little reconfiguration of the fuel pump relay wires Laughing Very Happy

Post #523418 31st Jul 2019 2:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 26 of 43 <123 ... 252627 ... 414243>