Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 30 of 43 <123 ... 293031 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Censored

While replacing the central locking motor, a new discovery was made, not only did the accident repair centre bend the door hinges, but damaged the door wiring loom Censored

Why, oh why couldn't this have happened at the beginning of summer?! So going to have to live with the central locking gremlin until better weather comes. Rolling Eyes But the car now recognises that the door is shut, so the suspension now operates again Rolling with laughter

Post #533084 3rd Nov 2019 9:54pm
green-oval-nut

Got a bit of a shocking update. My insurance company decided to re-review my claim after I basically outright called the Claims Quality Manager an illiterate moron. This worked in my favour Rolling with laughter Should have got even more blunt than normal sooner! Shocked

A £50 cheque arrived and now they have finally requested the video footage from my camera and pending receiving it are now going to look back into liability of the claim. I discovered that basically they thought and potentially think that my claim is or was fraudulent and I think the fact that I went ahead with 2 complaints to the Ombudsmen, and readying number 3 as thankfully I lodged 5 separate complaints Rolling with laughter So happy in the knowledge that each ombudsmen referral costs them another fee Rolling with laughter So the battle continues. However because there is no direct evidence or provable proof that the damage to my bumpers, door and parking sensors happened whilst in the care of the accident repair centre on North Farm Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, I will not be able to go ahead and recover the costs for those repairs. But happy in the knowledge that my story has been spread far and wide and that it is now a well known case through many different online platforms, and will stick with them for a long time.

Back to the car Laughing

The next week is beyond busy, I don't have a moments peace from tomorrow morning up until Monday the 18th, so Oscar may or may not be used during the next week. More than likely not due to what is happening.

Tomorrow is being spent between the coast and preparing at least 2 of the cars for the long journeys I have ahead of me.

Tuesday is the only day that I am doing something for me that I have been trying to get around to doing since 2010 Rolling with laughter My B&E.

I am hoping to get jobs done on this one next weekend.

Post #533675 9th Nov 2019 11:53pm
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #533677 10th Nov 2019 1:11am
green-oval-nut

Don’t think I will be asking favours from family anymore 🙄

At the time I asked for my sidestep to be welded, being told the bracket had snapped, I was not able to get on the floor or under the car. I was horrified to discover that my step dad had welded the damn bracket to the chassis 🙄 and of course it had to be the one that was damaged in the accident. So 1 of several jobs Sunday is to get the step cut off. I will deal with the rest of the issue with what will be the remains of the side step bracket in Spring/Summer next year, but now with the damage to Tanks screen, I need to get Oscar safe for the road. Also planning on replacing the damaged wiring loom in the drivers door, and getting it back together so I can use it again. And my little MoFo Max is set to be part exchanged or swapped for another green oval badged Land Rover, I will at some point as soon as I can, be getting a TD5 Discovery for towing. But both fatties are staying for now.

Post #534518 17th Nov 2019 1:14am
green-oval-nut

Dangerous sidestep finally removed last weekend, and now that my TD6 has a hole in the windscreen, and my latest purchase an ML needs some work, Oscar is back on the road as my main car for at least a month. Not that I won't enjoy the V8 burble Laughing

Gave Oscar a bath today along with the additional motor as I have a great road trip that I am using Oscar for tomorrow. The ML has replaced the little C-Max that I had as I gave that to my partner and then part exchanged my partners Auto C-Max for the ML.

Now back on topic Laughing

Although Oscar may be heading up Manchester way to live later this year, depending on money and my situation as I have someone who is keen, knowing all of Oscars history and this diary, on becoming Oscars new owner.

Not decided yet though.

Post #535072 21st Nov 2019 9:20pm
green-oval-nut

Well, I have been travelling up and down the country in the V8, and it has proven to be reliable and comfortable time and time again. However I now have people interested in giving Oscar a new home. The first person is looking to part exchange there current motor for mine which will include my help in rectifying a lot of the current faults, I will be sat next to patio heater while bossing the new owner around if the deal comes off Laughing Another person's relative used to own Oscar and is interested in getting him back into their family in swap for several motors Shocked Laughing But not keen on what they are offering and storing multiple vehicles while advertising them to sell them on will be a royal pain in the backside.

The part exchange deal will mean I will end up with another fatty. But after making a couple of repairs, that will be sold on as quickly as I can, and I will be reducing the household down to 2 4x4's for me, 1 car for my partner and very short term, A little car just to fill the gap on the insurance to save paying the cancellation until February. But February I will be down to 1 personal car, and 1 business car. And then see what the future brings. I plan on keeping Tank as long as possible though.

Post #535911 30th Nov 2019 12:31am
green-oval-nut

I was going to get rid of Oscar, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Had some pretty good offers, both cash and swap offers, but I just can't bring myself to let go yet Rolling Eyes Didn't realise just how attached to my cars I have become. So now have 3 that I love Rolling with laughter

Anyway, since I last posted, I went quiet as I ended up back in hospital multiple times and very very ill. So ill, that I was medicated to the point that I didn't even know what day, year etc... it was, let alone who I was, I am in a brief period of better health while I await an emergency operation and I am at least comfortable and at home. So on my good days, I have been doing what little jobs I can.

After owning my car for over 3 years, I got sick of the EML being on because of the fuel PCV. And for the sake of £12. Which I ordered and don't remember buying while I was in hospital Rolling with laughter and found on my laptop table today, decided it was time to go and fit it. Wish I had done this sooner. what a difference this ridiculous little valve has made. Then Sunday Oscar gets his new shoes and finally gets rid of those horrible 18" crappers on it now and start making it look smart again.

Also while I have been ill, my darling druggy neighbour while having a fight with her now ex boyfriend, took her anger out o my car and ripped the indicator lens off my car, and it has not been seen since. So now got to get a replacement light, to sacrifice the lens to stick it to my customised light.

I have now sorted a majority of the jobs that was on the list.

Only jobs left for the immediate future are:

Coolant leak (In the valley).
Change the wheels.
Electrical Issue in the drivers door.
Indicator lens.
Suspension compressor rebuild.
Rear wiper motor repair.

Thankfully one of those jobs is under a warranty, so will be sorted by a garage soon.

Post #537276 13th Dec 2019 2:25pm
green-oval-nut

The wheels finally bugged me too much, so dragged the wheels that I had ready, and put them on, was shocked when I found 1 wheel had a chunk out of the wall and a screw in it Shocked Rolling Eyes Luckily for me, I had a spare set of which had 2 good tyres, so took 1 wheel down to my local Crazy Tyres, and got it swapped over. Dead chuffed with how Oscar looks now. A real shame that the wheels are scruffy up close. The car drives so much better with these on as well. Not convinced the off road ability would be much cop now with the current tyres, but as soon as 1 of the other sets is sold, I will get some better tyres fitted.

Post #537545 15th Dec 2019 6:00pm
kanikune

Finland 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

What were the symptoms before changing that valve and what was the end result?

Post #537688 16th Dec 2019 9:11pm
GraemeJudge

2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

Oooh nice what size are they please?

Post #537737 17th Dec 2019 8:16pm
green-oval-nut

kanikune wrote:
What were the symptoms before changing that valve and what was the end result?

When the EML came on, the V8 burble became more or a V8 whimper and the acceleration was noticeably a bit slower, fuel consumption went up. Every time I cleared the fault codes, the proper V8 noise would be back and it would accelerate beautifully.

Post #537851 18th Dec 2019 11:30pm
green-oval-nut

GraemeJudge wrote:
Oooh nice what size are they please?

These are the 20" Stormers with 275 40 R20 tyres on. I would feel happier if they had 275 45 R20 tyres on though.

Post #537852 18th Dec 2019 11:31pm
green-oval-nut

My V8 was supposed to be on rest duty until the new year. But early hours of this morning, I took Tank the TD6 out and made it 8-10 miles before the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. So brought it straight home and grabbed this beast. Only reason I wasn't going to be using it was because it was running on fumes and the ML has just cost me a little under £900 just to make it safe. So had to drive it over 35 miles hoping that the fuel light wouldn't come on before I got to a petrol station. Some how made it without the fuel light coming on Shocked filled it to the brim, my friend asked me how much it had reached when it finished, I told her, £105, the woman in her little Citroen C1 in front went, Jesus, that's 3 tanks for my car,. I replied, I am used to it, 2 Range Rover's with big tanks, and an ML with a small tank, means I tend to live at petrol stations with bills like these Rolling with laughter

Anyway, had to take the V8 on what was supposed to be a short trip, ended up being a bit of a road trip. Not that I minded having to do double the driving I was originally meant to. Made a couple of little stops too.

The only annoying thing is, because of the drivers door working intermittently at the moment, the suspension won't level out when you want it to, so part of the journey, it looked like it was cocking its front leg Rolling with laughter I am looking forward to the summer to sort that out.

Totally love this car.

Post #537853 18th Dec 2019 11:53pm
green-oval-nut

Found the problem with the rear wheel. The wheel is cracked Big Cry

Post #538159 21st Dec 2019 11:25pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

Greeting friend... we met for the the sale of the gearbox recently. although only briefly discussing the never-ending topic of range rovers... it was pleasure to meet you etc. one day ill have a long read through this post.... as i contributed, on the first page, a few years ago!
Merry Christmas fella. Razz

Post #538349 23rd Dec 2019 9:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 30 of 43 <123 ... 293031 ... 414243>