Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 32 of 43 <123 ... 313233 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

New piston ring seal and gasket now mean it works properly again.

Post #542088 27th Jan 2020 8:03pm
pcourtney

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Sumatra Black

green-oval-nut wrote:
After owning my car for over 3 years, I got sick of the EML being on because of the fuel PCV. And for the sake of £12. Which I ordered and don't remember buying while I was in hospital and found on my laptop table today, decided it was time to go and fit it. Wish I had done this sooner. what a difference this ridiculous little valve has made.

Hi there, may I ask where did you get the fuel PCV for £12 - also what is the part number for it, I have tried to find it but to no avail, I think when I change the Breather Hoses ( aka PCV hoses, all 3 of them) I will also get this fuel PCV replaced

Silicone Breather Hoses - I bought some blue ones, and the re-inforced Fluorolined bit caught my eye
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
these hoses are fluorolined to stop oil seeping through and discolouring the hose. Before you buy any other product ask if the hose is fluorolined cheaper hoses will not be fluorolined and will seep oil over time, it is essential breather pipes are fluorolined to combat this. Unlike the cheap rubber OEM hoses which deteriorate over time our hoses are constructed using a high quality silicone Polyester/Nomex compound. They are further reinforced with a polyester layer to provide a more rigid structure. This item replaces the Weak OEM black plastic PCV breather pipes with reinforced Silicone ones.These pipes are found at the rear of the engine through which oil contamination causes engine failure such as cam cover gasket leaks etc
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post #542141 28th Jan 2020 1:32pm
green-oval-nut

Ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fuel-Tank-Breat...2749.l2649

The price has gone up a bit since I bought mine though. But the part number and all the information is in that link. Hope it helps. Thumbs Up

Post #542143 28th Jan 2020 1:49pm
pcourtney

yes it does thank you, just managed to get one from a UK based ebay seller, as I need it quickly, and your seller is in China

also I have been reading up on this

https://www.rswsolutions.com/index.php/mki...-pcv-parts

and manged to find M62 PCV Valve Membrane Kit for M62 - but looking for cheaper from UK or China Thumbs Up

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-M60-M62-PCV...Sw8G1d8KqK

I think its worth doing after seeing Nathan's video

Last edited by pcourtney on 28th Jan 2020 4:54pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #542158 28th Jan 2020 4:24pm
pcourtney

by the way, have you sold Oscar V8 yet ?

must be MOT time coming up again Rolling with laughter

Post #542162 28th Jan 2020 4:34pm
green-oval-nut

MOT nothing to do with it Laughing I got myself in a really bad financial position with the ML as I had to use pay assist at £211 per month for 4 payments, then my dog died and the insurance company only covered £100 of the over £500 bill as we took our suffering dog to an out of hours which is a big no no according to them Shocked Rolling Eyes Then I cracked a wheel, £88, viscous fan on Tank packed up, £30, and a few other emergencies which nearly pushed me over the limit financially. Oscar should sail through his MOT, and now although I am dead close to tipping over the edge, I only need to get through to April, then I will be fine again. So Oscar isn't actually for sale anymore. I would still be trying to sell him hard and fast if I needed to put more money in the cars, but reality is, I am having surgery again in a few weeks, I have enough fuel for what I need for now, and after my surgery, none of my cars will driven by me for 2-3 weeks, although shut my business for 4 weeks after surgery anyway to give me time to recover. That will bring me right up to date with me money thankfully. And currently mostly using the campervan as the daily runaround when it doesn't involve work errands as it is surprisingly good on fuel. Saying that, I have been using Oscar for some journeys, including the monthly food shop yesterday which was a nice 35 mile round trip.

The only car I am freaking out about the MOT on now is the C-Max. Oscar isn't due until March.

Post #542352 30th Jan 2020 12:07am
green-oval-nut

I have been a little quieter than normal about my V8, That is because a whole new drama, sadly not one I haven't had to deal with twice before on other vehicles, has come to light.

Oscar has a CLONE at the moment somewhere in the UK. Brought to my attention at first by the insurance company who requested a copy of the V5 to prove that I had the real car. They already had other information from the accident in July. But some idiot or victim tried to take out an insurance policy using my cars details, with some variation in information, that variation has not been told to me for DPA reasons, but it was enough to flag up an issue, authorities notified and not interested until the car is caught being used in a crime! Then yesterday, I got an alert to say my car was no longer taxed! I thought this to be very strange as it is actually taxed until September 2020. So very long conversation with VOSA/DVLA, and it turns out that someone decided to apply for the logbook for my car, I guess to obtain a legitimate copy for the clone. Anyway.... long stressful day finished with the logbook application being blocked, Tax re-instated on my car, and now can't do jack Censored until the clone is used in a crime! I hope it is at least an interesting crime to make the upcoming stress worth while. It has been flagged anyway, but no idea where in the UK it is. Exactly why I hide my reg online, so I guess it has been cloned by someone who has seen it in person.

Next on the list though is, I need to sort out my insurance renewal.

Post #543173 6th Feb 2020 2:19am
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Mine was cloned. Luckily for me they didn't seem to understand what speed cameras are for (manned ones) and I had ANPR proof from work that my RR was parked 300+ miles away from the crime Smile Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #543188 6th Feb 2020 10:09am
green-oval-nut

Not fun is it. Not had any speeding tickets as yet. Luckily my V8 has a tracker on it and CCTV so can show where the actual car is, however got friends around the UK who know my reg number looking out for it. I know the clone is Black and not Blue, and as the police are not interested in resolving this, after the number plates are removed from the clone when it is found, the clone will be being permanently disabled Whistle Laughing But for the next week at least I plan on not using the V8.

Post #543191 6th Feb 2020 10:42am
DMRR

As a matter of interest is your plate a private one? Apparently they prefer to clone private plates because automated identification systems are keyed to the more usual "modern" registration plate layout. Mine, for example, is only 6 digits. Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #543195 6th Feb 2020 11:36am
green-oval-nut

Yes mine is a private plate, and 6 digits.

Post #543196 6th Feb 2020 11:37am
DMRR

That's why then - annoying but true! Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #543198 6th Feb 2020 11:42am
green-oval-nut

I can't say that I am not enjoying the hunt though Rolling with laughter

Post #543199 6th Feb 2020 11:50am
green-oval-nut

Hunt over, I can honestly say, they won't be using that car to clone anyone elses again the number plates have been retrieved and are being hand delivered to me later tonight pending the weather, so might be tomorrow that they come, so at least I will get a pair of free number plates Whistle Rolling with laughter But relieved that Oscars black twin is no more. The clone was found yesterday on the outskirts of Leeds after it was spotted then followed by some good friends. Now just to wait to see if I get any fines through. But in celebration, I treated Oscar to a bath.

Post #543478 9th Feb 2020 3:23pm
green-oval-nut

pcourtney wrote:
by the way, have you sold Oscar V8 yet ?

must be MOT time coming up again Rolling with laughter

Oscar sailed through his MOT today, NO Advisories AGAIN Ner Ner Rolling with laughter

Post #543574 10th Feb 2020 4:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 32 of 43 <123 ... 313233 ... 414243>