Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 35 of 43 <123 ... 343536 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
Fox889

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

Apologies G-O-N for making you spend more money on your exhaust, but listening to that video, it really was hideous.
Perhaps if he hadn't given it full thwack it might have been slightly more bearable. It didn't even sound like a V8.
Think you made the right choice in changing, anyway beans on toast for a month ain't nothing wrong in that! Rolling with laughter 2012 Orkney Grey Westminster 4.4TDV8 with Ivory interior.........nice!
BMW R1200GS
Alfa Romeo Giulietta
Just one Montesa now, 349 White Wonder
Austin A40 Farina MK2
1975 Morris Marina 1.8TC

Post #552717 5th May 2020 7:18am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I deleted the rear silencer to aid departure angle whilst offroading, I did it just to see what it was like as no one had done it before, on my Classic fatty, removing the rear box gave a nice note as well as a lovely tick over burble...

Not so the 322...

It was too loud at all speeds, if you drove it like granny you still got funny looks and the droning was there from a very low speed...

I hunted for a solution and ended up fitting a rear box from an Audi S4 it was the same shape as the fatty one, but about half the size, it sounded much quieter and gave additional departure angle...

It doesn't come over on that video how loud it is, but the iPhone that took it can still pick it up the other side of that roundabout... it made the earth shake as it came past and sounded more like a NASCA than a fatty...!! Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #552735 5th May 2020 8:57am
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Trust me, that video gave me the full impression, the speakers on my laptop were making my table vibrate Rolling with laughter If this had been my P38 Range Dog that I used to have, then I would have been jumping up and down with joy for the full delete, but I have heard the exhaust system with the sports silencers, They do give a nice burble which is what I want. I will most definitely be doing a before video and after video, plus photo's of the install.

I have been told that baked beans on toast is too luxurious for someone who spends too much money on money pits and keeps collecting money pits, I am on plain crackers for a month if I am lucky Shocked Rolling with laughter

I am looking forward to Lockdown being over, luckily I have some great customers who understand that I am not willing to break lockdown rules and have got them booked in order of enquiry for work they want done, just with the dates to be confirmed Laughing But the main reason I am in the dog house with the cars is because I have bought a 2nd Mercedes ML, which means I have had to ask a few favours to park 2 of my other vehicles at safe locations short term, and whilst I have been dealing with the exhaust situation, I may have started talking to a customer about me buying their L322 Rolling with laughter Another TD6. Not sure yet. And also going to be making an offer in 2 months time roughly on a very very rare Citroen AX GT.

Click image to enlarge

Post #552765 5th May 2020 11:08am
Haylands

You are getting addicted to cars... take more cold showers.... Shocked Rolling Eyes Shocked Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold

Post #552770 5th May 2020 11:53am
green-oval-nut

I was born addicted Laughing

All additional cars are for fixing and selling on to pay for my expensive Range Rover addiction Laughing

Post #552773 5th May 2020 12:01pm
green-oval-nut

I finally got around to trial fitting my universal nudge bar, didn’t like the look with the lights so close, have moved them apart more, but I think this will end up on my ML Laughing

Post #552948 6th May 2020 6:34pm
Haylands

Sorry to be negative but to me that looks like it came off a mobility scooter, don't think that will add anything to a fatty or an ML..!!

Mind you the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing... Thumbs Up Pete

Post #552958 6th May 2020 7:11pm
green-oval-nut

I think the way it was mounted doesn't do it justice. As it sits in the pictures is much further forwards than it will actually sit once properly mounted. I am pretty sure I am going to fit it to my ML, but that is going to take some extra engineering as the bumper is no where near as flat as the Range Rover. I have found another spotlight mounting bracket which is basically the same, but without the bar on the front so in theory, would be barely visible.

Whilst I was bored today, other than putting the final coat of lacquer on Tanks new rear bumper, I took the opportunity to drill 1.5mm holes either side of where the water builds up in the spoilers. A poor design feature which makes the tailgates top heavy in the rain and also pushes the spoiler close enough to the roof at the sides that it was hitting the roof when going over bumps. A design fail on both the genuine Overfinch and the replica spoiler!

Over the next week though, Tank will be getting attention as I want to get a few jobs done as my other ML's arrival has been delayed. So taking the opportunity to re-organise the jobs list.

I am slowly getting Oscar sorted again.

Post #553118 7th May 2020 11:35pm
green-oval-nut

I really shouldn't have been surprised, yet I was, The airflow meter is dead Shocked The reason I was surprised when I shouldn't have been, was when I first got the car and a certain rip off garage who had me over for thousands on 3 cars in one year, charged me for a brand new genuine airflow meter. THAT airflow meter as I discovered today was not in fact replaced. I was scrubbed with a wire brush in the housing and I guess spray cleaned. So now, I actually need a new airflow meter. So I am surprised that I am surprised at this revelation. Only good news out of this is, I don't think that there was any other work that they were paid to do left on the list. So in theory, I am passed the dodgy work now.

But worked out why the pothole caused so much damage to the air system, the jubilee clip was weak and not holding the pipe anymore. I heavily recommend that anyone who owns a Range Rover with the 4.4 M62 engine to replace all the jubilee clips.

Still waiting for my new exhaust to turn up, but I have already done the before video for the sound though.

Post #554390 18th May 2020 9:10pm
green-oval-nut

My new exhaust turned up, All I can say is, I am glad I upgraded to the set with silencers Rolling with laughter Sounds awesome. I love them. Took me about 2 hours to fit. (Ignore the place I used the jack Rolling with laughter ).

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I had to practically be dragged away from my V8 after I had taken it for a test drive Laughing

Post #554523 19th May 2020 8:51pm
green-oval-nut

Still love the new exhausts Laughing But the noise pointed out a blatent misfire. After running live data, found that coil packs 1 and 8 were giving feedback, Showing more volts than the others when running, I swapped them out and the misfire vamoosed. But the voltage readings remained the same, checked the earth cables and the looms and can't see anything wrong. And it seems slightly underpowered on acceleration at the moment, but not sure if that is because the MAF is disconnected. After the 9 mile test drive, parked Oscar up and put all the coil covers back on as I had dangerous electrics to deal with in the campervan.

Click image to enlarge

Post #555302 25th May 2020 8:16pm
green-oval-nut

Starting to make progress now. The symptoms I had were, poor idling, stalling, really rough gear changes, high emissions smell. So after running diagnostics, I fitted a replacement airflow meter including the clips that were missing. Plugged it in. Idles properly, gear changes are super smooth, engine sounds nicer, the exhaust sounds even better Laughing no longer stalls, accelerates amazingly quick again. A real joy to drive. BUT I still need to sort the starter motor out and the alternator. The alternator is working, it's just noisy, and it is 30/70 if it is going to start, although learnt a little trick for the good weather days, If the starter doesn't engage, just rock the car a little so it bounces when in park, that seems to allow the starter motor to work. But this also presents a problem for fueling up, I cannot risk stopping at a petrol station for fear or it not starting, so now have a 20 litre jerry can, and fill up at home before I go out Rolling with laughter And the only reason I have not got the money to sort these 2 jobs out at the moment, is because I am pouring every spare penny I can find into ML number 2, and ML number 1 is still at the garage awaiting another repair Shocked Rolling Eyes

Post #557610 13th Jun 2020 9:03pm
Gsxr1250dave

England 

We will need a video of the new exhaust pipes at idle and driving g iv the same pipes on my nay watch list. Trou let is when I did a centre delete on my p38 it was horrible on the motorway I dont want to ruin my l322

Post #557614 13th Jun 2020 9:44pm
green-oval-nut

I don’t know how to put videos on here. But you can’t hear them at motorway speeds from the cabin barely. I wouldn’t take out any other section of my exhaust for noise though or it would become a problem 😂.

Post #557616 13th Jun 2020 9:52pm
Gsxr1250dave

England 

Well your just down the road from me I mite have to pop round for a listen

Post #557617 13th Jun 2020 9:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 35 of 43 <123 ... 343536 ... 414243>