Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 37 of 43 <123 ... 363738 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

No Laughing Keep up Laughing sold the D2 (regretfully), sold both ML’s thankfully 😂 so now just 2 D3’s, 1 L322 as I sold my TD6, and a campervan 😂

Post #566827 10th Sep 2020 10:03pm
green-oval-nut

Nearly 200 miles covered in just 3 days and it has been good as gold. No coolant loss, starts every time, alternator charges properly, So today we went to the coast for the day, and after eating lunch in the car, I decided to take it down a byway again.

Awesome being able to use this again, But, on Monday Oscar is off to have his rear bumper repainted.
Just need to remove the LED lights and replace the duff reverse sensor ready. Might be gone for a little while. Don't know yet.

Post #566873 11th Sep 2020 6:01pm
green-oval-nut

Still a strange feeling using this as my daily driver again. Great to drive, glad it is back on the road properly again.

Now has a few faults to deal with:

1 rear parking sensor.
Lambda sensor.
Rear wiper motor.
Front passenger headlight.
Passenger sidestep to be fitted.

Post #566923 12th Sep 2020 3:11pm
green-oval-nut

Brand new parking sensor fitted by me at the bodyshop, and the rear bumper fully resprayed, the car was expected to be there up to 6 weeks. Boy was I surprised when I got the call to say, it's done Shocked Very Happy Rolling with laughter

I am gobsmacked at the high quality of job that has been done, they looked after my car like it was there own prized possession and they were so friendly. And the best bit is, I'm not the one paying the bill and it doesn't affect my insurance Very Happy

But it is great having the car starting to look great again and being able to use my parking sensors again. I actually didn't realise how much I rely on them for tight spaces.

This is now my daily driver again until my Discovery 3 is sorted. Then this will go back to mostly being my weekend toy although I suspect I will go for this quicker than I would my Discovery.

I am now awaiting the new LED lights to arrive so I can get them back in the rear bumper, and also need to get some M6 and M8 Bolts to fit the sidestep back on the car.

Post #567273 16th Sep 2020 4:57pm
green-oval-nut

The new LED lights arrived this morning. Would be rude not to get them fitted Laughing

Post #567347 17th Sep 2020 10:20pm
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Are the rear LED lights a straight swap or do you need to reconfigure anything?

Jim

Post #567358 18th Sep 2020 7:20am
green-oval-nut

The lights are straight forward to fit. If you want to go back through my diary to the much earlier pages, you will find the information needed to wire them up. I will add though, since the first lot of lights that I fitted, the metal clips are rubbish and don't even remotely hold these in anymore and can't be bent without snapping or coming off the lights. So I just snapped them off and use double sided gorilla mounting tape to keep them in place. The fiddliest part is routing the wires. But pretty easy to fit.

Post #567360 18th Sep 2020 7:45am
green-oval-nut

It has only taken 4 years to find the interior that I want Rolling with laughter I now have the full cream interior to replace the blue interior. Rear seats already fitted. Just the front seats to do tomorrow.

Click image to enlarge

Post #568011 25th Sep 2020 6:00pm
green-oval-nut

Only took 4 years Laughing but the seats are all now the colour I wanted. Just need to replace the side bolster panels which I have, just haven't fitted, and then another day I will fit the replacement door cards, leaving only the damaged steering wheel to deal with Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #568050 26th Sep 2020 9:44am
green-oval-nut

It has been one of those days. My Discovery was recovered to the garage with the exhaust problem, but what really got me was, I needed to go up with the car, so went to take my Range Rover, and BONG, low coolant displayed on the dash in front of the AA man right after me telling him how reliable these cars are Rolling with laughter

Turns out that the 1 and only hose that I had not had replaced a couple of weeks ago, had expanded and burst Shocked
So I had to borrow my partners car to go up to the garage which is also poorly, but at least it made it both ways. New expansion bottle return hose ordered now, Gates brand for £16.66, due on Saturday, so I plan on getting wet and fitting the hose and the heater valve on Saturday if the hose arrives.

Click image to enlarge

Post #568522 1st Oct 2020 5:12pm
green-oval-nut

Top hose replaced, I think I have bled the system properly, Oscar is back ready to use. Just in time to be parked up while I deal with the campervan Laughing I was meant to be taking the V8 on a road trip to Hertfordshire today, but ended up driving the C-Max. For once, I don't have pictures. Curiously, the heater valve being replaced has come back as faulty again Shocked but the part is brand new. My next planned job on Oscar is to finally get the drivers side sidestep back on. The replacement has been sat in my garden for quite a few months now.

Post #569058 6th Oct 2020 8:40pm
green-oval-nut

Had a day off mostly from the daily grind. Collected a replacement propshaft using my Range Rover for the Discovery 3 that I have, and headed to the coast for some laning and lunch on the beach.

Didn't miss a beat, performed perfectly the entire journey. Over 200 miles in 1 day. That is me well and truly knackered. Did discover that my spotlights have stopped working, must be a loose connection, oh and the only other thing that happened today was the wiring for the old reverse camera which I though I had secured had dropped down and caught fire on the exhaust Shocked Rolling with laughter No other damage done other than burnt reverse camera wire which was due to be removed anyway Laughing

Oscar was treated to a top to bottom and underneath jet wash before heading home.

Post #569728 13th Oct 2020 5:03pm
green-oval-nut

Just a little update, and thank you for the messages received checking up on me.

I know I have been quiet on here for just over a month. A personal situation that has got really bad has consumed all my energy and time between helping others with there green ovals.

But anyway, as I think I have said before, I am gay, really don't care what people think as long as there views are kept to themselves or just talk behind my back. I moved after a really dangerous neighbour situation in Sussex just over 3 years ago. What I didn't actually say, was I moved to a really rough estate and directly opposite me lives a nasty woman who from day 1 made her views about me known.

Anyway 2.5 years just had comments in passing by her, occasional tyre mysteriously stabbed, then all the neighbours who have cars that I have helped and talk to mysteriously had there cars keyed as was mine, then a few months ago my friends campervan that this woman assumed was mine had Pedo painted on the side and she started telling everyone that pedo's lived in my house, which has lead to threats of my house being firebombed, then while using paint thinner to remove the graffiti off the campervan for my friend she called the police on me after she got her friend to try and attack me and told them I attacked her friend without any provocation, at this point not realising I had working camera's, so the police arrived, arrested me, saw the footage and then dearrested me as the report was 100% made up, then I caught her keying my Discovery which I had had for 2-3 days grinning like a psycho and skipping like child, clearly off her face, called the police, they dealt with her but no charges brought as no independent witnesses, then on the 12th all caught on CCTV 2 people at 6.26am vandalised my Land Rover Discovery, didn't touch the Range Rover thank Censored but the estimate is in excess of £3000 to repair the damage as odscene words have bee keyed in 4 places, most panels heavily keyed, lots of it is down to the metal. I tried to machine polish it using ultimate compound by meguairs, but it only made the words less readable from a distance and ended up having to put a claim in with my insurance company and also in the evening after CSi had been to my car to get evidence, this woman got some of her druggy mates to drive by shouting threats because I called the police! Also I have spent around £900 in the last 2-3 months in replacement tyres.

Anyhow, Range Rover is now parked on my garden as it has got another coolant leak and my compressor refurbishing service got really popular and I couldn't meet the demand fast enough without selling the compressor out of my own car that I had refurbished and now it has no compressor and awaiting delivery of some more before I can put that car back together and use it.

Post #572876 15th Nov 2020 12:29pm
Swipe

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Java Black

Jesus mate sorry to hear you been going through some Censored like that.
I would say who the hell cares if you’re gay, straight, bi or any other sexual preference certainly not me.
But there are some small minded idiots that think It makes it fine to abuse you and damage your property.
When will the police take this seriously, when you or your partner get seriously injured by this bigot and her friends, the police should prosecute this woman.
We’re all here for you if you need any help in any way!
Take care mate and stay safe! 2004 Autobiography TD6 Java Black

Post #572897 15th Nov 2020 2:54pm
green-oval-nut

Thanks. Police are involved, but it boils down to getting independent witnesses and evidence. She has been a thorn in the side for both the police and the landlord and has been doing stuff not only to me but others for many years and is not only well known, but well practiced in making sure she isn't caught. So it's just a matter of waiting until she screws up.

Post #572922 15th Nov 2020 5:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 37 of 43 <123 ... 363738 ... 414243>