Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Reverse camera repair / upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
hamlet

Ireland 2006 Range Rover HSE Td6 Buckingham Blue

I've retro fitted a few different types of cameras and I've used one similar to the link before and found it good.

I liked the fact that it was adjustable and it could be angled down to cover the towbar for hitching up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360-degree-Water...Swal5YMsC0

Post #441059 9th Jun 2017 12:13pm
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I too like the idea of fitting it to see the towbar. Where did you fit this camera on a FFRR? Thanks Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #441140 10th Jun 2017 11:26am
mpirie

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

It's a pity they don't make the reverse cameras that tie in to the steering position collar and show you where you will reverse to depending on the steering angle.

You know, the one where the guide lines bend.

I had that on a couple of my Beemers and it was very useful.

Mike

Post #441162 10th Jun 2017 6:33pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

The only issue with fitting a camera in the bumper is a) you have a hole in the bumper, and b) with the camera in such close proximity to the towbar you'll end up with no depth perception, and I would be happy to put money on it that it will end up in making hitching up a trailer near impossible, and could end up in Censored Embarassed Big Cry Big Cry as you hit the bumper

Whistle Got that T shirt with another car Embarassed Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #441286 11th Jun 2017 10:49pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

mpirie wrote:
It's a pity they don't make the reverse cameras that tie in to the steering position collar and show you where you will reverse to depending on the steering angle. You know, the one where the guide lines bend.
Mike

mpirie doesn't your 2011 have exactly that? Mine does.

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #441291 12th Jun 2017 6:47am
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I'm going for the number plate light mount I think. It's not LR factory and that grinds at me but it is more usable and a better angle for hitching up. Next step is to undo all the loom feeding the spoiler and rewire....that's a weekend job !! Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #441296 12th Jun 2017 7:55am
mpirie

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

gonna_go_double_r wrote:

mpirie doesn't your 2011 have exactly that? Mine does.

No, I didn't know you could get that option on the L322 Bow down

Post #441303 12th Jun 2017 8:49am
hamlet

Ireland 2006 Range Rover HSE Td6 Buckingham Blue

I didn't fit it on a FFRR, it was a Navara.

I don't think a spoiler camera is ever going to be able to see the towbar, I think the only options are either a licence plate camera or, into the bumper somewhere.

Post #441325 12th Jun 2017 12:01pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Whistle unless you reverse into a lamppost at speed and stove in the back you aint never going to see a towbar with the ffrr factory position Whistle

Mounting the camera in the licence plate lamp area is the only way to do away with the blind spot :thumbsup:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #441350 12th Jun 2017 5:53pm
chubbs358

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

i have fitted a replacement rear camera i got off amazon all seems to be working well just needs adjusting up a tad so it is looking back more and less down to the ground, good clear picture, led's working and the park asset lines as well witch i didn't even realise it had. i fitted the camera by modifying the original camera wiring as the original cam was past repair this kept the car side of the loom untouched. the only problem i seem to have is it is automatically zoomed in when selecting reverse but i can change the aspect in the 753 menu, does anyone know if i can set/change the aspect when selecting reverse or could it be the type of cam i got thats the issue? car is a 2005 (55 reg) 4.2 SC with touch screen. any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IT5...&psc=1

Post #442816 26th Jun 2017 10:35pm
wizhas

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Alaska White
Driving me mad!

chubbs358 wrote:
i have fitted a replacement rear camera i got off amazon all seems to be working well just needs adjusting up a tad so it is looking back more and less down to the ground, good clear picture, led's working and the park asset lines as well witch i didn't even realise it had. i fitted the camera by modifying the original camera wiring as the original cam was past repair this kept the car side of the loom untouched. the only problem i seem to have is it is automatically zoomed in when selecting reverse but i can change the aspect in the 753 menu, does anyone know if i can set/change the aspect when selecting reverse or could it be the type of cam i got thats the issue? car is a 2005 (55 reg) 4.2 SC with touch screen. any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IT5...&psc=1

Chubbs I have the exact same problem. After all the work of installing the camera, this is driving me insane! Censored

Post #449778 2nd Sep 2017 5:06pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Whistle Just had a look at the link ^ it says PAL/NTSC... that might be where the problem lies.... the ffrr uses NTSC only, maybe the PAL compatible part is zooming up your picture Rolling Eyes

I know that it shouldn't make any difference, but knowing how fussy these systems can be to very slight change..... Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #449801 2nd Sep 2017 9:13pm
wizhas

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Alaska White

Quote:
Whistle Just had a look at the link ^ it says PAL/NTSC... that might be where the problem lies.... the ffrr uses NTSC only, maybe the PAL compatible part is zooming up your picture Rolling Eyes

I know that it shouldn't make any difference, but knowing how fussy these systems can be to very slight change.....

PAL/NTSC could very well be the problem, I should have mentioned before that I used a slightly different camera which is similar to what the earlier posts were using. To be honest after all this work I cannot be bothered to fit another camera.

When installing the camera I was using the Video Inputs Test in the 753 Menu to align it. When I put the car in reverse I believe it digitally compensates for the physically high and off centre position of the camera. We need to find a way to turn off this automatic digital correction or set the correct view since the 753 menu only shows us what it looks like but does not allow us to save the option.

Reversing view (red guide lines are out of view and the lines are slightly moved to the right):

753 Video inputs test view (Perfect alignment without moving the car) :

Post #449803 2nd Sep 2017 10:23pm
uzp315

Just bought one of these and will have a go:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Night-Vision-Wa...2748.l2649

Removing the old camera from the housing, cutting and soldering 4 wires has got to be a lot quicker than the time i have spent trying to get the existing one working.

I will report back when I have had a go at it.

Fingers crossed.
Mark

Edit/update : Not working. New thread started for my issue rather than muddy waters here.

Post #463159 3rd Jan 2018 5:18pm
uzp315

This one did the trick - you can call them and confirm you need NTSC only.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Night-Vision-Rea...2749.l2649

Post #466309 28th Jan 2018 9:30am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>