Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Front Seat Removal, Dissassembly and Heated Seat Repair
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
mm289

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Ipanema Sand

Thumbs Up 2011 TDV8 AB
2006 TD6 AB (Gone to Wales)

Post #671244 15th Aug 2023 10:42pm
andyrosehome

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

One more update to my heated seat repair. after a few days of use after repairing the elements, I noticed a hot spot which again was in the outer edge element that gets most wear from getting in and out. I was a little disappointed but I remembered that I could access all of the seat base element connector plugs without removing the seat.
If you raise the seat fully on the motor and then feel underneath the seat for the 2 elasticated straps that hold the bottom of the seat back flap in place, you can release them and fold the flap up out of the way. Then you can pull the seat base cover down to release the rear leather retainer from the frame. This exposes all of the element connectors. I decided to disconnect the offending element and join the 2 feed wires together so that the remaining elements remain connected together. You can do this with any of the elements except the middle seat base element because that is the element that provides feedback to the control unit which tells it to reduce power to the seat when it reaches temperature. SO BEWARE! if you loop the seat base middle element out, the thermistor never heats up so the controller never reduces power and this may CAUSE A FIRE. Once you have excluded a broken element(s) simply replace all of the wires back into the seat and refit the leather. I hope this helps anyone with broken heated seats.

Post #671662 21st Aug 2023 6:07pm
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

interesting
can you get to the wires that control the air bag light that way on the passenger seat
thanks RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #671708 22nd Aug 2023 2:20am
andyrosehome

No, the only wires accessible under that leather seat flap are the heated seat wires. However, once the elasticated clips are undone and the leather flap lifted out of the way, you can access the 2 torx screws that secure the bottom of the seat back cover and you will then be able to remove the seat back cover completely while the seat is still bolted into the car. That exposes much more and is where the airbag wires should be. I know the passenger seat has an occupancy sensor which inhibits power to the heated seat if unoccupied and I assume the airbag system would use the same sensor to avoid duplication costs. If I recall correctly it is under the seat squab so you would need to unbolt the seat and tip it back to access it which isn't too difficult. Just remember to disconnect the battery before unplugging anything especially airbag related items.

Post #671743 22nd Aug 2023 10:30am
knares

my air bag light is on and the gap tool says it is the occupancy sensor, i replaced the sensor with a second hand one which the man said was ok before he wrecked the car but it still on.
i have a feeling it might be the wiring under or in the seat RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #671745 22nd Aug 2023 11:24am
andyrosehome

Hmmmnnn. I'm not sure to be honest. if you have the old switch can you test it with a meter? and then if it is bad maybe test the replacement switch? I assume you cleared all the faults with a scan tool once you replaced the switch?

Post #671749 22nd Aug 2023 1:35pm
knares

yes i did clear all the faults but they came back again
as for testing it i wouldnt know how to do that, although i posable do have the gear RR 2005 4.4 petrol

Post #671751 22nd Aug 2023 2:05pm
andyrosehome

if you still have the old switch, post a couple of photos of it and the attached wires or connector plug and I'll try and help you.

Post #671775 22nd Aug 2023 5:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123