Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Infotainment system stalling and restting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

Yes, i've got all three. Never used the InControl Route though as yet to see its purpose, but i use Remote & Apps.

Remote stopped communicating with the car 2 weeks ago but after the software update it's working again. Apps i use almost all the time in the car as my preferred Music Source is Spotify as i have the Premium Subscription & several playlists. Paul

MY17 TDV6 Autobiography In Carpathian Grey With Cirrus Interior

Post #433714 3rd Apr 2017 5:01pm
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Mine was updated today and guess what.....
It stalled and restarted again tonight
Fun call for me in the morning
Steve

Click image to enlarge

Post #433752 3rd Apr 2017 8:04pm
w8pmc

Quick Update. Car went in on Monday & so far so good, albeit the phone's still disconnecting from the Car during calls, however although it did it on the way home from the Dealers, it didn't do it yesterday on a 190 mile round trip so perhaps the update to the 'Telematics' as they called it has in some part worked.

No issues with any other features that i could spot & if anything the Infotainment seems a little quicker to boot up & respond. The Auto seat massage still seems to have a mind of its own as in the 5 weeks i've had the car, it's only come on at the pre agreed time intervals twice, so no idea why that's temperamental, but hey ho it's not the end of the world.

Even got a call this morning from a central Research outfit to check everything was OK & then a call this afternoon from the Dealer direct to ask the same, so all told the dealer has redeemed themselves a little. Paul

Post #433921 5th Apr 2017 1:57pm
stillrunning

Glad your appears to be sorted.
Mine isn't.
Spoke to the sales team @ the dealer and they came back with Land Rover are rewriting a program to solve these issues, i had said to her that is what it was booked in for on Monday so therefore what actually have they done, she couldn't answer this.
I have said i may reject the car under the sales of goods act and she had to agree that is something i could do. i certainly don't want to do this and we may have to come to some arrangement on a level of compensation for all the time and trouble spent getting the car back to the dealer, the mileage put on car and the extreme lack of confidence I have in the product itself.
this has certainly taken the edge of buying this what should be and have no doubt will be a really great car.
Big Cry Big Cry
Steve

Post #433925 5th Apr 2017 2:45pm
w8pmc

I'm hopeful it's sorted but not convinced as the phone dropping should to be happening, neither should any feature or function of the car such as the Timed massage (pains me moaning about that).

When all said & done, if the software update has resolved most of the issues then i'm happy again & so far that appears to be the case. Up to that point i was of the same mind as you in that i was quickly losing faith in the car & the dealer network, but hoping this is resolving itself. Fingers crossed. Paul

Post #433928 5th Apr 2017 3:05pm
stillrunning

Sad day for me today.

Been back to the dealer today and the outcome of the meeting was to be car is to returned under a motor quality compliant.

To be fair other options were available, one of which was to hand car back to them until they fixed mine and they would let me have there loan car, the major problem is their car has the same issue as mine!!!!!.

Landrover sent this 2 line message to the dealer last week about a 100k car which helped me make my mind up.

There is an update in development for the In-Control Touch Pro system but I do not have a date it will be available.

We are hoping it will be release in some time later Quarter 2 or early Quarter 3 but this could slip.

Unfortunately they will not be held to a date.

This problem could never be sorted and after reading this reply from landrover it may never will be.

Would i buy another one not on your life well not until someone tells me this problem has been solved.

gutted to say the least

Steve

Post #440915 7th Jun 2017 6:40pm
w8pmc

That's proper Censored Steve.

Oddly enough, mine's been near on perfect since the update. Still a couple of minor issues so not fully compliant, but the major hiccups are no more & i can now start enjoying the car.

Have LR allowed you to formally reject the car then? Paul

Post #440923 7th Jun 2017 8:35pm
stillrunning

The dealer has agreed to reject the car and they will refund any money I have paid out, what happens with Land Rover will be sorted out afterwards.
Steve

Post #440933 8th Jun 2017 3:54am
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Sorry to hear of the problem. Did you part ex anything and if so are you getting it back? Once your rejection has been resolved it may be worth mentioning the reg or the dealer to make sure any prospective purchaser does it with their eyes wide open.

Post #440956 8th Jun 2017 10:59am
stillrunning

no part ex sold it privately, ooh well no car for me, son wants me to look at GLE 63S merc or an SVR !!!!!

i will find out what they are doing with the car, dealer has multiple sites i hope they don't pass it on and do the right thing leave it until problem is sorted.

Post #440957 8th Jun 2017 11:33am
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Sorry but that won't happen. It's a cost to them. When they took back my rejected car they left the seat with leather paint on it instead of a proper repair, with damaged piano gloss trim and put it on sale for £2,000.00 more than I paid for it two months earlier. Rolling Eyes

Post #440959 8th Jun 2017 12:02pm
stillrunning

Well we all live in hope that the right thing will be done by them.

Post #441293 12th Jun 2017 7:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12