Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Help and Advice NEEDED - Factory order has arrived WRONG :(
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
1strangerover2017

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Lukie wrote:
For the money you have spent reject the car, it's not right, if it was a 10 year old can then maybe you have to put up with something that's not 100% right

Don't worry about all the other items, get the dealer to sort it out as it's there cock up

Thank you, I am going to try and add the link for the reveal facility at the factory, it is amazing! Not sure I am allowed to put the link to YouTube.

Post #441320 12th Jun 2017 11:50am
1strangerover2017

modbarra wrote:
Mine easy...! Steering wheel and wrong wheels... this along with a faulty tailgate (I didn't notice) the dealer gave free meal for two (anywhere), two tickets for rugby World Cup and Huge discount on Evoque for daughter.. Very Happy All because didn't blow my top accepted problem and let them deal with it..

however, on my latest one, noticed the dealer hadn't selected 'opening panoramic' on last viewing of build sheet.. so altered..

I would just let them change headlining, doubt you would notice it afterwards...

Thank you for sharing, I have read about how many parts need to be changed or removed and reinstalled for the change of headlining - also reviews that once done, rattles and creaks ...... Shocked

Not sure why Land Rover do not have all ththe systems from order details automatically transferred to build and why has to be reloaded, creating the risk of errors, or in my instance errors.....🙁

Post #441322 12th Jun 2017 11:55am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

What a shame that they have messed up what should have been a very positive experience for you, especially at the price. The reaction to date is also very disappointing, especially the idea that because something is a no cost option there should be no price adjustment because it is not what you ordered. A fully optioned LWB will not be an easy sale, especially in these uncertain times, so the dealer/JLR will have a strong incentive to get you to keep it, even though you are of course entitled to reject it because it does not conform to your order. There is the impression that they will muck you about in the hope of grinding you down.

If it were me I would:

1. Look at the Consumer Rights Act and/or the Citizens' Advice Bureau commentary (via Google) and be clear as to your rights. While a good dealer with an eye to future business and reputation might well be prepared to let you keep the car until another one that does conform to specification is supplied, I would have thought that if you reject the car the legal rights base case would be handing it back in exchange for the price (and any trade-in vehicle if still there).
2. Catalogue all the respects in which the car does not conform to your order, and the other service deficiencies;
3. Identify the other side of the contract from the invoice, I assume this is the dealer rather than LR as the factory handover is an accessory.
4. Set out in writing to the entity that contracted with you (as per the invoice) what the problems are and what you want done about them. At your price level there might be a case for getting a solicitor involved, but it is obviously cheaper and less confrontational to do it yourself, at least in the first instance. The 'mucking you about' flavour suggests they need to be woken up to take the matter seriously, keep it calm and reasonable but firm. A written record is good if the matter goes to court, avoiding debates on who said what etc., avoids misunderstandings and is more 'serious' than speaking on the phone. If you want things changed/sorted, set a reasonable deadline for it to be done and reserve your right to reject the car if it is not done by that deadline (or a later one you choose to agree) or if you are not satisfied with the outcome after the changes have been made. You might ask for a loan vehicle for the period your car is away being changed, I would not expect them to be obliged to provide an exact equivalent, but it should be something of the standard you would get if your car had broken down under the LR assistance warranty scheme. Obviously if you decide to reject the car straight away it is just a case of arranging that and the refund of the price. There are sometimes offers of gifts to sweeten the dissatisfied buyer. I'd regard that as a distraction, and focus on either getting the car sorted and/or the price reduced, which failing rejection and getting the price back.
5. You might find it useful to speak to LR Customer Relations (0870 5000 500). They can be a bit slow and it seems to take longer nowadays to get through to them, but they ought to help sort out a dealer that is not honouring your rights.
6. Beware of leaving it too long in case you become faced with the argument that you have acquiesced in taking the vehicle i.e. losing the right to reject.
Good luck. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #441326 12th Jun 2017 12:18pm
1strangerover2017

Dear CS,

Thank you, for your help and advice, a wealth of knowledge, looks like I have some homework.

The reveal I had mentioned previously (if you are due to collect a new car with a factory handover DO NOT WATCH)

It is even better live and in person!

Kind regards

SD

Post #441387 12th Jun 2017 11:18pm
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #441390 13th Jun 2017 7:14am
1strangerover2017

Hi DrF,
Did you do the personal handover at Solihull, as I see you have an SV?

Also could you let me know if you have the Leather Headlining and if this is over the pillars and also the blind for the sliding roof and which other parts of the vehicle.

Kind regards

SD

Post #441475 14th Jun 2017 8:24am
verydisco

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tangiers Orange

The handover experience at Solihull is quite something, from being chauffeured in a superb £200.000 LWB AB 405 to the facility to yo the factory visit, everything is top notch. To be fair the video posted doesnt give justice to the reveal 3D experience!

It is a shame really that you missed out on this experience because they did not build you RR to your specs.

Keep us posted indeed.

Cheers l=Oo\________/oO=l l:OolΞΞΞΞΞΞΞloO:l

Current
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L SDV8 - 2013 - Indus Silver, on Almond.
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L V8 - 2002 - ex-2003 G4 Challenge Event Vehicle, Stage 3: Australia
RANGE ROVER HSE 4.4L V8 - 2004 - one-of-one Overfinch
RANGE ROVER P38a 4.0L V8 - 1999 - ex-2000 TReK Event Vehicle: South Africa

Previous:
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L TDV8 - 2012 - RANGE ROVER 3.6L TDV8 x3 - RANGE ROVER Td6 x1 - RANGE ROVER Classic 3.5L V8 x1

Post #441494 14th Jun 2017 11:26am
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Hi SD,

Yes i did and its amazing and makes quite the experience. Including factory tour as well and off road course plus lunch, quite the experience.

Yes the Leather is on all pillars and headlining, the roof blind is still the same as the normal, also leather parcel shelf and leather inside boot and chair backs and sun visors, plus all the normal stuff covered in leather. Hope that helps. Dont forget the deep pile carpets, you really do need carpet slippers.

DrF

Post #441519 14th Jun 2017 4:09pm
1strangerover2017

Thank you DrF,

Wow even more parts than I had thought for changing, to get back to the signed order!

Well good things come to those that wait, looks like I have a lot of waiting to do.

Best wishes and thank you everyone for your help - amazing forum with amazing people Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #441549 15th Jun 2017 12:12am
dirtymonkey38

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

hope you get it resolved satisfactorily. 2011 RR Autobiography 4.4 TDV8

Post #441629 15th Jun 2017 7:18pm
1strangerover2017

Thank you again to everyone, I have an update -

I have been informed that my rejection is being considered ?!?

But advised a replacement vehicle would be next year and if changes e.g. MY18, I would have to pay any increases!!

Also a whole range of other restriction, it seems they forget - they had made the mistakes !

Post #441787 17th Jun 2017 2:58pm
dirtymonkey38

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Rejection being considered??? How cheeky. Id put them straight and tell them your rejecting it and any additional cost incurred due to THEIR errors would have to be swallowed by them at the very minimum for letting you down so badly. 2011 RR Autobiography 4.4 TDV8

Last edited by dirtymonkey38 on 17th Jun 2017 9:15pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #441808 17th Jun 2017 6:52pm
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

Interesting thread on Freelander2 about rejecting cars,

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic29450.htm...2fbd76ca37

Post #441821 17th Jun 2017 8:31pm
1strangerover2017

Thank you nicedayforit Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #441829 17th Jun 2017 10:56pm
1strangerover2017