Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Help and Advice NEEDED - Factory order has arrived WRONG :(
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
1strangerover2017

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green
Help and Advice NEEDED - Factory order has arrived WRONG :(

I had factory ordered my first Rand Rover a L405 Autobiography with lots of options, when I collected the vehicle from the factory, I informed them that the headlining was wrong and should have been leather, they advised they would inform the dealership. The dealership blamed the factory and this went on for a few weeks, but now the dealership have accepted responsibility for the error, but I am concerned that if they swop the headlining this will not be like the factory finish, also reading online I may get rattles and creaks..... even if the job is done well ....... what do I do reject the vehicle?? There are a number of other issues .... e.g. registering the vehicle incorrectly!

Post #441224 11th Jun 2017 12:39pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

The best result os keep this car until the correct one is delivered - that should happen for a factory misbuild - not sure of the protocol if it's the dealers fault

Read this thread - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic35821.html Thumbs Up

Post #441227 11th Jun 2017 1:34pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

I think Alistair is spot on. Suggest keeping it until the right one comes along. Or if it's something you are happy to live with discuss a decent reduction in price that you are content with, Service plan or the like. It will never be the same if have them retro fit the roof. Thumbs Up

Post #441230 11th Jun 2017 2:00pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
Re: Help and Advice NEEDED - Factory order has arrived WRONG

1strangerover2017 wrote:
I had factory ordered my first Rand Rover a L405 Autobiography with lots of options, when I collected the vehicle from the factory, I informed them that the headlining was wrong and should have been leather, they advised they would inform the dealership...

Never having had the privilege of buying a car to be collected from a factory before... If the car was wrong, why did you take it (can you not just walk away even at that late stage)?

Post #441233 11th Jun 2017 2:27pm
1strangerover2017

Alistair wrote:
The best result os keep this car until the correct one is delivered - that should happen for a factory misbuild - not sure of the protocol if it's the dealers fault

Read this thread - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic35821.html Thumbs Up

Thank you Alistair, I had a look at the thread you had supplied, I waited 5 months as it is a LWB and I wish the issues I mentioned were the only things, they charged me for the additional water bottle, then on collection when the headlining was identified i asked to go through the options and the additional water bottler had not been fitted, they subsequently advised that it was not possible to have this option on the vehicle, but only after the wait and me raising the issue, all they have offered for this was a refund of the option price!

Post #441246 11th Jun 2017 3:56pm
1strangerover2017

Basilfawlty wrote:
I think Alistair is spot on. Suggest keeping it until the right one comes along. Or if it's something you are happy to live with discuss a decent reduction in price that you are content with, Service plan or the like. It will never be the same if have them retro fit the roof. Thumbs Up

I intend to the keep the vehicle for a VERY long time, hence the leather headlining will keep better and easier to maintain. The sad things is the first thing I look at when I get in the vehicle is the headlining and brings about disappointment, the dealers have not offered to arrange another factory order..... yet, so I think I will suggest in the basis outlined here. Thank you.

Post #441247 11th Jun 2017 4:02pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I think its time to play hard ball - tell them you want to reject the vehicle and take it from there.

It's too expensive a car to compromise - it will mellow over time, but you will hate yourself every time you get in it and look at the headlining.

Post #441249 11th Jun 2017 4:04pm
1strangerover2017

Re: Help and Advice NEEDED - Factory order has arrived WRONG

Unnecessary quote removed

Hi pld118, with a LWB, you get the no cost option (I am sure built into the price 😀) for a factory handover, where they come to collect you and take you to Solihull, this experience was amazing, especially the reveal (would recommend for everyone), therefore being in Solihull and advised by the VIP handover team that the dealer would resolve, but having looked into things the multiple issues and amount of issues I could have going forward, I feel the best way would be to have a new factory order.

One of the amazing moments through thes issues was when the dealer phoned me to say that as the leather headlining was a no cost option they could not do anything, so I challenged and said if they had got the wrong vehicle colour and it was a no cost option would that have been acceptable .... they then realised my point !

Post #441251 11th Jun 2017 4:11pm
1strangerover2017

Alistair wrote:
I think its time to play hard ball - tell them you want to reject the vehicle and take it from there.

It's too expensive a car to compromise - it will mellow over time, but you will hate yourself every time you get in it and look at the headlining.

I get distracted by the pillars when driving ...... ....... time for rejection, there will be a whole set of issues with the GAP insurance, private plate, tyre and wheel cover, cosmetic protection, oh and they did not put the paint and interior protection on, even though they have charged for!

I have just remembered that they had not put in the boot the load retention kit and when I raised they have sent me only part of it and the tension belt does even go across the rails and is too short ?!?

This is my first Range Rover / Land Rover experiance !, is this the norm?

Post #441252 11th Jun 2017 4:20pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

You are entitled to get what you ordered, were assured you would get when you placed the order and when, acting reasonably despite your disappointment at the factory, you accepted in good faith LR assurances that the issues would be resolved, i.e. That what you ordered is exactly what you will get.

Therefore, for the selling dealership and / or LR to now contradict that LR statement made to you at the factory (a statement obviously intended to mean that you took the car from the factory) is unacceptable and is not reasonable.

Thumbs Up

Post #441253 11th Jun 2017 4:35pm
modbarra

Scotland 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 V8 Loire Blue

Had similar experience last year, (although items easily resolved), within 5 mins the handover team had got hold of the dealership build order, showed the dealer problem not JLR.. to their relief! They offered to keep the vehicle to rectify in couple of days and I could take the LWB I had been taken in. Declined took my car which dealer went out of their way to rectify (dealer principle rang me in the evening to apologise and offer compensation etc).

This year double checked the dealer build sheet just prior to the build (dealer rang when found out the date).. no problem. With the AB models, as items are NCOs you need to ensure correct option is defaulted.. ie the roof i needed to ensure not leather, steering wheel inc the wood... etc

Post #441254 11th Jun 2017 5:16pm
1strangerover2017

pld118 wrote:
You are entitled to get what you ordered, were assured you would get when you placed the order and when, acting reasonably despite your disappointment at the factory, you accepted in good faith LR assurances that the issues would be resolved, i.e. That what you ordered is exactly what you will get.

Therefore, for the selling dealership and / or LR to now contradict that LR statement made to you at the factory (a statement obviously intended to mean that you took the car from the factory) is unacceptable and is not reasonable.

Thumbs Up

Thank you, will keep you all updated.

Post #441280 11th Jun 2017 10:09pm
1strangerover2017

modbarra wrote:
Had similar experience last year, (although items easily resolved), within 5 mins the handover team had got hold of the dealership build order, showed the dealer problem not JLR.. to their relief! They offered to keep the vehicle to rectify in couple of days and I could take the LWB I had been taken in. Declined took my car which dealer went out of their way to rectify (dealer principle rang me in the evening to apologise and offer compensation etc).

This year double checked the dealer build sheet just prior to the build (dealer rang when found out the date).. no problem. With the AB models, as items are NCOs you need to ensure correct option is defaulted.. ie the roof i needed to ensure not leather, steering wheel inc the wood... etc

Hi modbarra, my order with the dealership was correct, but the vehicle was not as per the order, when at the factory I showed the signed order form to the handover team. The order form was confirmed via email, I was never given the build order or build sheet ....... this may have saved all these strains!!, what errors did they make on your car if you don't mind me asking?, would you allow them to replace the headlining if they had got wrong?

Many thanks in advance
SD

Post #441285 11th Jun 2017 10:48pm
Lukie

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

For the money you have spent reject the car, it's not right, if it was a 10 year old can then maybe you have to put up with something that's not 100% right

Don't worry about all the other items, get the dealer to sort it out as it's there cock up

Post #441290 12th Jun 2017 6:25am
modbarra

Scotland 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 V8 Loire Blue

Mine easy...! Steering wheel and wrong wheels... this along with a faulty tailgate (I didn't notice) the dealer gave free meal for two (anywhere), two tickets for rugby World Cup and Huge discount on Evoque for daughter.. Very Happy All because didn't blow my top accepted problem and let them deal with it..

however, on my latest one, noticed the dealer hadn't selected 'opening panoramic' on last viewing of build sheet.. so altered..

I would just let them change headlining, doubt you would notice it afterwards...

Post #441292 12th Jun 2017 6:52am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>