Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Service and warranty work
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Statler

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aleutian Silver
Service and warranty work

My 2017 model AB has been at the dealers since Monday for a service and warranty work as its 3 YO end of November, I gave them a list of issues but the three main pain points are:-

1. Suspension drops to access height and then immediately goes to 4x4 height and will not without intervention via the centre button go down. They are adamant that its a software issue despite me telling them that its had two already including the latest and its still doing it.

Secondly the FBH won't start and keeps saying start engine. my 80 miles round trip to work is apparently not enough to charge the battery for this to work! Really?

On a positive they have resolved the drivers hot and cold seat issue with a new seat pad and a couple of other minor niggles so i'm delighted with that.

Now im not slating the dealer as they have been very accommodating however they just aren't listening on two of the issues and i don't want to get into yo-yoing to and from the dealers.

Does anybody have any idea on how i should approach this please as im only 5 months into the car and brand.

Many thanks.

Post #532724 31st Oct 2019 9:56am
brad s1

2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Giverny Green

it lowering and then shooting up would be either it thinks there is some type of obstruction (tho I think you should see that on the message center). Or the exhaust silencer near the compressor (pretty sure the l405 has this) is clogged up. When the silencer on my l322 clogged it'd do the same thing. You'd command it to lower, it'd try, then shoot up to off road.

Post #532763 31st Oct 2019 2:58pm
Brunel

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

I had the identical suspension issue recently. They changed the compressor under warranty and now it’s fine. Don’t know what else they did, as I didn’t see how a compressor change on its own could fix it. Anyway it works

The ‘software update ‘ to fix the non functioning front camera however....

Post #532766 31st Oct 2019 3:16pm
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

johnboy wrote:
After November your warranty will become Land Rover Extended Warranty, Embarassed Not the same ( trust me ) Big Cry
so get it sorted whilst you have proper cover.

not applicable as the problem was flagged to the dealer whilst still in manufacture warranty so it will still be covered until the problems are fixed.

any NEW problems of course will then be Car Care plan ( LR extended warranty) on the assumption it was bought.

Post #532785 31st Oct 2019 5:57pm
Statler

Thanks for the replies gents, they’re adamant they’ve resolved it.

Can I ask if the car batteries are covered under the 3 year vehicle warranty? This is key as they’re trying to say there’s no issue with the FBH.

Appreciate the replies

Post #532802 31st Oct 2019 9:21pm
roberlar

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

There's probably not an issue with the FBH but more likely an issue with either the battery or whatever your car believes the state of the battery is. I've had this problem, changed the battery and all seems ok to date. That said, i've put the old RR battery on a 4.5 litre agricultural machine with no glow plugs, which is normally a bitch to start and it fires up no problem. Maybe these cars are super sensitive to voltage, but unfortunately you can't argue with what the car thinks.

Post #532804 31st Oct 2019 9:45pm
Statler

Thanks, as the warranty is out at the end of Nov I’d rather get the batteries changed under that warranty.

I’m hoping it’s a 3 year warranty.

Post #532806 31st Oct 2019 9:47pm
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

have they checked nothing is draining the battery ?

I say this because while not a L405, on my old L322, I had this FBH not kicking in or cutting out after only a few minutes problem and the dealer tried to say I wasn't doing enough mileage each day to charge the battery. (errr yeah right, 80 mile commutes 4 days a week!). Anyway after many arguments and so called "software updates" (utter BS btw), I presented them with a spreadsheet of my daily mileage over 3 weeks and the length of time the FBH would run (if at all the following morning). They finally accepted something wasn't right and investigated. They found a battery drain (one of the ECU's wasn't going to sleep). They replaced it (under warranty) and hey presto perfect working FBH!!

Post #532863 1st Nov 2019 4:29pm
Statler

Thanks for the replies,

The suspension software update didn’t work so low and behold the compressor has been replaced. Problem solved.

Climate seat fault wasn’t the filter but a crushed seat cushion so that’s been resolved by a new seat pad with new airbag sensors as well.

They haven’t resolved the FBH issue saying there’s nothing wrong with the battery and they’ll monitor the situation. Glad it’s getting cold as I’ll be monitoring it myself.

The Forward alert has been recalibrated and isn’t going off every two minutes however the wipers are now very sensitive to the smallest of window droplets.

Overall pleased with the result and the dealer and the car feels so much better on the road suspension wise, so I’m wondering if the active dynamics via the compressor wasn’t doing a proper job as it was rolling like a ferry in corners and that appears to have been eliminated.

Very much appreciate the replies to my questions so thanks again as I enjoy my new ride even more.

Post #533010 3rd Nov 2019 10:02am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1