Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > First Service (and Ad Blue)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
AndyS

United Kingdom 

£3.60 per minute...yikes!! I'm inclined to watch them in case they have a tea break...cause that'll cost you £54.00 for a 15 min one. Big Cry

Post #489324 19th Sep 2018 2:50pm
7 CDB

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

Hello Gents

Any current updates with this issue? Our tdv6 is on 11,000 miles. I’ve topped up the adblu a couple of times since we picked it up new last December. It’s had one “free” oil service on about 4500/5000 miles carried out by LR.

It came up again in Oct for another oil service required and the wife phoned them up to be told by service advisor when she queried why it needed another oil service so soon (after we were advised doing approx 12k a year would mean a yearly service) TO IGNORE IT AND BOOK IT IN FOR DECEMBER WHEN IT WILL BE A YEAR OLD.........

It will be on about 12-12,500 miles by Dec and just about to try and get it booked in Rolling with laughter

Who wants a £5 on how much they are going to try and rinse her when she gets there..... or will they come clean....

Post #495586 14th Nov 2018 8:00pm
Montys 4x4

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

Hello, and yes there is a major update to report although I was holding back as I only collected my RR from Marshall Peterborough last Wednesday and have been daily looking at the service countdown on the menu against miles driven which is now about 500 and even for the first time since I recognised the DPF regeneration/engine oil dilution issue.
First thing to state is do not listen to the garage when they say ignore the oil service message for a month and I would go as far as reporting the garage to JLR in head office in Coventry quoting the JLRP0100 bulletin which states vehicles must not be driven any further when the oil service message comes on. I took mine in 4 weeks ago when the message appeared(after4250 miles since last oil service) it had a dilution rate of 8% that's not good and left will cause premature engine wear or failure. After JLR finally admitted the early oil service message wasn't down to my driving style they released a software update for the emission control system I think I'm possibly the test mule before a wider spread but possibly covert release of the software. Note also I did not pay for my oil service because it has been down to a build issue I suspect. Also while you RR is in ask for the latest infotainment software update which will sort 2017 glitches and give you the 2018 version which appears de-bugged. If you would like to chat further contact me on PM.
Regards
Paul Journey started in a LR2B at 16 and has incl. just about every Land Rover, Disco, RRS and Range Rover Vehicle owned or driven, I even worked for the company when it was owned by BAe - It must be a madness!!! because to add to my 4.4 TDV8 Westminister In Baltic Blue I bought a second L322 as a commuter bus, TD6 2004 Vogue in Oslo Blue with cream leather now both gone replaced with what could turn out to be my biggest mistake. Carpathian Grey ivory interior 3.0 tdv6 Autobiog. 2017

Post #495590 14th Nov 2018 8:57pm
7 CDB

Paul

Many thanks for the swift response, very interesting.

I will PM you tomorrow 👍

Regards
Calvin

Post #495593 14th Nov 2018 9:11pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

The latest 18C update with the "recalls" as I mentioned in my "iPhone" post in the "electronics" section of this forum will clear the erroneous messages re Adblue and service reminder.

Post #495595 14th Nov 2018 10:29pm
7 CDB

Apologies for not responding earlier, 1st annual 16000 mile Service carried out today (car is on 12000) all updates done and assured will only need yearly or 16000 mile service from now on........ Laughing

£525 lighter, does this sound about right?

Post #496420 23rd Nov 2018 5:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123