Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Black Remapped 2004 TD6 Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 18 <123 ... 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Decided to take advantage of the heat. Fitted the chrome effect door handles. Goodbyw tatty handles lol

Post #479541 28th May 2018 5:16pm
green-oval-nut

Found something out through sheer mucking around. I can get the car to hot start just like it does from cold now, just by turning the ignition on and off a few times before actually turning the key far enough to start the engine.

Glowplug relay fault comes up on the code reader, surely this couldn't be all that is causing my hot start issue, can it?

Post #479829 31st May 2018 8:31pm
stu1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

Unnecessary quote removed

Looking good Thumbs Up

Post #479831 31st May 2018 9:15pm
Paul thornton

United Kingdom 

It's more than likely going to be the low pressure fuel pump causing your hot start issue.

Those engines will start without the glow plugs and it certainly won't need them if the engine is already warm.

Post #479844 31st May 2018 10:34pm
green-oval-nut

Wow, today only drove about 60 miles round trip, on the way home when I was within 2 miles of my house, fuel injection systeom error back up and I seemed to lose use of the Turbo again. So this time, I had my diagnostics with me and pulled into Tesco, plugged it in, same faults displayed as before, Glow PLug Relay and EGR negative. I deleted the codes while the engine was still running, and the engine instantly became quieter Shocked

Turned the engine off, struggled to get it started again, but it got it there in the end, drove home beautifully with full power Rolling Eyes

I think this car has a mean sense of humour, and likes toying with me. But I still totally love it.

I have found myself overdoing it, and my body has fought back, so now on forced rest apart from the engine cover for the V8. That I can do without being on my feet.

I also went to replace both tailgate gas struts, to find that 1 of the new ones was totally blown. So 1 of the 2 has been replaced, and as soon as a replacement has been sent to me, I will replace the other one.

Post #479946 2nd Jun 2018 6:50pm
green-oval-nut

Hopefully have the rear bumper sorted, have got my hands on a 2010-2013 black rear bumper that is a bit scruffy for £5.

I know I will have to buy the wiring conversion kit for the parking sensors, but a small price to pay for an accidental upgrade Laughing

Post #480070 4th Jun 2018 2:05am
green-oval-nut

Interesting Surprised Today has been around 15 degrees celcius, and the engine has seemed to get up to full running temperature, but I have had no hot start problems at all today and I have been up and down from the hospital near me all afternoon for various appointments and assessments. Fngers crossed for tomorrow to be the same sort of temperatures as I have to go to central London in it.

Post #480133 4th Jun 2018 5:55pm
green-oval-nut

Another bargain grabbed Laughing

A misadvertised item (Tow bar) bought as part of a small job lot of parts. Sadly no key though.

So now my Saturday has become very busy as I now need to travel to Surbiton, then North East London and then Essex.

Went to Graveend today and had a flip key conversion done, so I now have the old key as an emergency access key, and now have a flip key to use.

Post #480324 7th Jun 2018 1:16am
green-oval-nut

Another 300 miles roughly, today, didn't miss a beat or play up, started first time every time, really pleased.
I now have a replacement bumper to fit, needs a bit of paint doing before it goes on and the wiring adapter kit for the parking sensors as it is from a 2013 L322.

I also collected a Westfalia Towbar as mine was missing, It didn't come with keys Rolling Eyes And still in the part it attaches to on the car normally. So need to somehow get these separated. I have read several pages on this club forum, and have contacted my nearest Westfalia supplier which is in the next town along luckily. Put another tank of diesel in as well as I am on another road trip next Saturday attending the 4x4 and Pick Up show. My other half didn't want to go, my now ex mate isn't going anymore, so dragging a relative along as I already booked the tickets well in advance.

Post #480545 10th Jun 2018 12:37am
green-oval-nut

Tank got treated to some loving today, found cigarette ash in places you could not imagine, heavily coated the interior in Maguiers deoderiser and used leather wipes after hoovering cigarette and cigar ash out of the creases of the leather. Interior now smells a lot better. But the proof of the effectiveness of todays work will be on the next hot day when I open the door.

Also changed the other tailgate strut and the central locking motor on the drivers rear door so I no longer have to open the window and reach in to open it.

Post #480635 10th Jun 2018 8:13pm
green-oval-nut

I have now coveredjust over 2000 miles since the 10th May, And still loving the car. Completed 320 miles yesterday and it was so effortless.

Post #481108 17th Jun 2018 12:00am
green-oval-nut

On Tuesday, I visited a mate, we decided to go to the beach and have lunch, which turned into, lets go laning Laughing
So we did.

On Saturday I did a 308 mile round trip journey to go the LR Fest that was hosted by Land Rover themselves. I can honestly say, it was more of an F* You to the customers than a celebration, I think there were maybe 10 owners cars there, I am glad I didn't pay for tickets to go this event. I spent 15 minutes at the park, that was to eat the burger I bought. 2 Burgers cost over £12 Shocked The trader started to say how great the show was, then I politely said it is actually a bit Censored and he laughed and agreed. Although I don't think it helped much with Land Rover announing that they were moving the production of the D5 out of the UK. And football was on, so I guess possibly a bit of boycotting happened. I was so annoyed after travelling that distance, that I didn't even waste my time going to the factory, and after a quick toilet stop at Tesco, headed home. At least I can say one thing though, My Range Rover didn't miss a beat, and the journey was interesting on the way home, as I got caught on the M40 as they closed it in both directions. South Bound (My side) was because illegal immigrants had got out of a lorry and were walking on the Motorway, and North Bound, some poor horses had gotten loose. So was stuck for a little while. However, I hadn't looked at the front end for a while as not really needed to, and my other half casually informs me, you have a hole in your headlight and noticed it about a week ago Shocked Rolling Eyes Could have told me sooner and I would have sorted it sooner Laughing

Luckily I had spare lights so spent the afternoon faffing around getting the lens changed.

Post #481807 25th Jun 2018 2:58am
green-oval-nut

Been very naughty today. I was bored and just having a quick look through Ebay. And low and behold, a spoiler in the right colour with scratches came up. The scratches I will sort out. But the price was less than the cost of a brand Autobiography style spoiler. The money spent on this was antually meant to pay for the welding on one of my 20" wheels lol. That will now be delayed lol.

Post #482214 29th Jun 2018 8:13pm
green-oval-nut

My bargain roof rails are now fitted, I wish all jobs were that easy.

I have also been sorting out the paintwork on my new spoiler which I bought thinking it was an Autobiography Replica, but is in fact a genuine Overfinch spoiler.

Post #482893 8th Jul 2018 4:44pm
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Why do you need the roof rails?

The FF is a tall car by any standards and you've either got to be 7ft tall or have a set of step ladders with you at all times to load and unload anything that travels up there. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #482894 8th Jul 2018 4:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 18 <123 ... 161718>