Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Black Remapped 2004 TD6 Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 17 of 18 <123 ... 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

I had major surgery yesterday, only died once Rolling with laughter but home now. And not allowed to drive for at least 5 days. And although I have no journeys planned, It is driving me up the wall seeing my cars outside and not being allowed to drive them Rolling with laughter I ended up using the ML to get me to and from Hospital as it is smaller, I drove to the hospital and my partner drove me back. It is giving me much needed time although meant to be fully resting, to hunt down stuff that my partner keeps putting in safe places though, so getting a list together for both Range Rover's of jobs I need to get done. Hoping that in a weeks time, the weather is warm and dry enough to work on the cars.

Post #545493 28th Feb 2020 8:11pm
Swipe

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Java Black

Hope youโ€™re recovery goes well. 2004 Autobiography TD6 Java Black

Post #545622 29th Feb 2020 9:09pm
green-oval-nut

Thanks Swipe. I am on the mend, although going a bit stir crazy.

Post #545839 2nd Mar 2020 11:40pm
green-oval-nut

Been a while since I posted. I have been rebuilding suspension compressors for many people and decided to do the one on Tank. Tank is currently parked on my garden for safe keeping during the lockdown as people on my Estate have gone a bit more wild than before Laughing Even my neighbour and friend has put his pride and joy in a harder to nick place Rolling with laughter
But I did the compressor out of boredom and as a preventative maintenance. And apparently not too soon, looking at the piston ring, this was worse than some of the other compressors I have refurbished that didn't have enough pressure to even lift a car.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Now out of kits though, and having to find other jobs to get done to keep the boredom at bay.

Post #548432 27th Mar 2020 4:56pm
green-oval-nut

Started and carried on with some little cosmetic jobs for Tank. Carried on painting 1 trim to see what the finish is before I do a full set of wood trims in gloss black for the interior. Also refurbished what were 2 unusable spotlight brackets (genuine Land Rover) including one really rare clip cover and instead of leaving them satin black, decided to paint them gloss black.

Click image to enlarge

Getting as much painting as I can done today as today is the last high enough temperature day forecasted for a while.

Post #550515 16th Apr 2020 3:50pm
green-oval-nut

Finally gotten around to making a start on the replacement rear bumper. Sanded, primed and 1 coat of paint so far.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Using this as an opportunity to dust off my old blending with rattle cans skills ๐Ÿ˜‚

Post #551528 24th Apr 2020 1:28am
green-oval-nut

Final coat of Java Black applied to the bumper, I went over board with the amount of coats done to give me enough layers to and back enough to create a nice smooth coat. Hopefully I will be able to get the lacquer on tomorrow afternoon.

Also decided to custom paint an Airfix model beetle kit ready to build during the wet stormy week ahead.

Click image to enlarge

Post #551659 25th Apr 2020 5:24pm
green-oval-nut

Finally got to put the first layer of lacquer on. Loving how it is coming out so far. Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

Hoping to get this fitted next week.

Post #552921 6th May 2020 3:29pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Fantastic rattle can result! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #552931 6th May 2020 6:26pm
green-oval-nut

Cheers. Iโ€™m happy with it for a rattle canned Job. I have 1 more coat of lacquer to do tomorrow, and a kind bird decided to land on it so now need to touch up a couple of tiny claw marks ๐Ÿ˜‚

Post #552945 6th May 2020 7:27pm
green-oval-nut

The bumper now has all its layers of lacquer on it, got to leave it a few days at least to really properly set, then I can machine polish it and it to Tank. As the bumper is coming off, I will also be installing the LED bumper lights like the ones I fitted to Oscar. I am finally getting my genuine spotlights tomorrow, so they are going to be fitted next week. I am also hoping to re-fit my TV tuner so my radio display works again. I am also on the hunt for 1 or 2 5 spoke 20" Sport wheels to complete the wheels I have. But for now, I am having to heavily restrict what I spend. But the way the country is behaving around the pandemic, I am certain there will be at least 2 more big lockdowns, so starting to try and build up a few parts for certain jobs to keep me going.

Click image to enlarge

Post #553120 8th May 2020 12:46am
green-oval-nut

Today didn't exactly go as planned. I figured an hour to swap the old broken bumper for the new painted one. I knew the rear bumper had been hit, but was surprised at what I found underneath. The crash bar on the drivers side was bent. This caused me no end of grief with the new bumper. Anyway, got to mid afternoon and over 3 hours of profanities and me being in a bad mood and I finally got the bumper on the brackets bent to the right position, only to find that the crumpled metal is stopping the new parking sensor from going in, so the bumper was going to have to come back off. At this point I had had enough! So threaded the LED lights wires through and parked the car up. Tomorrow I have to get the bumper off and cut a small section of the crumpled metal out to allow the sensor to go where it should. Then it needs polishing and waxing. I am also going to install the LED wiring properly.

I am also awaiting delivery of my 100w H1 bulbs for the spot lights. Then I can fit them to the nudge bar.

Post #553897 14th May 2020 6:15pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Aren't you going to have trouble at MOT time with no rear reflectors..?? Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #553898 14th May 2020 6:53pm
green-oval-nut

There are reflectors in the lights which are visible from the rear Wink

My V8 has gone through 3 MOT's with the same set up as I replaced the standard 02-05 lights with no reflectors to the 05-09 lights with the reflectors in them.

Post #553911 14th May 2020 8:51pm
green-oval-nut

Another interesting day, felt really ill, not this covid-19 rubbish, just normal bad day of my normal health Laughing But I forced myself out of the door. To start with, I put the parking sensors in the wrong way round! I will deal with that tomorrow. But managed to get the tail and brake light function wired up and the reverse light lead fed through ready to route it to the spare wheel well. Another job to be added to tomorrow's list. Then I need to track down new bolts for the mud guards and where the bumper screws to the wheel arch liner and somehow I managed to lose the top bumper trim, so going to track that down, then I can machine polish the bumper to bring it up to the shine it supposed to have. Then I can finally kick Tank off the garden for about a week so I can get my exhaust swapped over on Oscar and get a couple of jobs done on my diesel ML.

My body gave me a strong reminder of what I am limited to with my disabilities today, otherwise I would have finished Tanks jobs off today.

Post #553991 15th May 2020 5:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 17 of 18 <123 ... 161718>