Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > AMK Compressor - Error and Questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
muddycharles

United States 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey
AMK Compressor - Error and Questions

Hi there everyone! Im writing to ask for help from the braintrust here. Some background

I have a 2008 Range Rover HSE (USA) with about 90k miles on it. As part of a "refresher" i decided it was time to change the rear boots (never been changed) and the compressor (Hitachi, starting to make loud noises).

I called Arnott and Ordered the Rear Airboots and AMK compressor kit.

1) Installed the Compressor kiting rear boots, AMK compressor would not work reliably. (Did not refresh first, then refreshed to AmK the next day and changed relay). Net result - AMK fried.

2) Put old compressor in and refreshed to Hitachi - all works!

3) Ordered new AMK

4) Installed AMK and not sure what happened but both rear boots had damage (one exploded and the other had a tear) - so somehow the compressor overpressurized the boots. Again - no one is clear why this happened.

5) Ordered two new Arnott boots and installed them, reinstalled AMK and refreshed.

6) Ordered new valve blocks rear and front

7) New airlines all around

Cool Started up and it sort of works....... (get the suspension fault message once in a while where the Terrain Control turns off)

These are the errors that are generated (interesting the Audio is affected as well as the steps even though they have nothing to do with the suspension) - happens every time the suspension fault happens

AAM-Audio Amplifier
B1A02-13 (2F) Speaker 2 circuit - General electrical failure - circuit open
B1A01-13 (2F) Speaker 1 circuit - General electrical failure - circuit open

ACM-Audio System
U1A03-62 (2B) Vehicle configuration parameter - Algorithm based failure - signal compare failure

ATCM-Terrain Response
U0401-94 (2E) Invalid data received from engine control module/powertrain control module - Component failure - unexpected operation
U0402-94 (2E) Invalid data received from transmission control module - Component failure - unexpected operation
U0416-94 (2E) Invalid data received from vehicle dynamics control module - Component failure - unexpected operation
U0403-94 (2E) Invalid data received from transfer case control module - Component failure - unexpected operation
U0421-94 (2F) Invalid data received from ride level control module - Component failure - unexpected operation

RBM-Running Board
U0439-68 (2F) Invalid data received from all terrain control module - Algorithm based failure - event information

RLM-Suspension
C1A13-64 (2C) Pressure does not decrease when venting gallery - Algorithm based failure - signal plausibility failure
C1A36-01 (AF) Exhaust valve - General failure information - general electrical failure

So I cleared it using the IID Tool and its sporadic now - not always, but for example yesterday I lowered the car to the acess position and it was fine, when I raised it up to normal, just when it reached normal, BONG - suspension error. Weird because the error speaks about venting and the error occurred when raising the car.

So then I took some screen shots yesterday - not sure what the air tank should read, you will see the compressor running and the gallery pressure reads 1525 KPA - then it goes PFFF gives an error and the tank then reads 333 KPA..... So I am confused as to what the actual and correct pressure should be ???????? What is the tank pressure supposed to be??? My understanding is that the compressor fills the tank which fills the boots no????

RLM-Suspension
U2000-67 (AF) Motor temperature - Algorithm based failure - signal is incorrect after the event

Any suggestions to troubleshoot are welcome - the height sensors seem to indicate correct heights (at least nothing crazy) and so Im wondering what the problem might be

1) The valve blocks and air lines were changed, but the problem is similar
2) The AMK compressor was changed

Is there a wiring issue with a corroded connector? Or - where is the module as I find it very weird the Audio Amp is giving an error when the suspension gives an error

Any suggestions are appreciated. (the front air boots are 3 years old and the car won't sink down if left with the battery disconnected for 48 hours)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2008 HSE B. Grey
Overfinched
NavTV retrofit

Post #477788 8th May 2018 10:37pm
MikeO

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I'm not sure I can be of much help but I had a similar issue with my D3 and posted a thread on disco3: https://disco3.co.uk/forum/help-suspension...21291.html

It does give some details on the gallery pressure I and others were seeing (to give an idea of expected values). This makes the assumption that the gallery pressures for D3 and L322 are at least in a similar ballpark but judging by your observed values they may well be. 2016 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate
<gone>2009 FF Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue</gone>
<gone>2015 BMW 520D SE (not my favourite car)</gone>
<gone>2009 D3 HSE Galway Green</gone>

Post #477806 9th May 2018 8:07am
muddycharles

Problem Solved

The mechanic had flashed the compressor with the wrong firmware. Reflashed to AMK and now all is fine. 2008 HSE B. Grey
Overfinched
NavTV retrofit

Post #477958 10th May 2018 8:01pm
PilotTerry

United States 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Rimini Red

muddycharles wrote:
The mechanic had flashed the compressor with the wrong firmware. Reflashed to AMK and now all is fine.

Hey MuddyCharles - this is good info! - I'm doing this swap from Hitachi to AMK now and I want to be sure the system is flashed with the right software update, Thank you!

2006 RR HSE, 4.4, 115k Miles, Rimini Red

Post #570054 16th Oct 2020 6:09pm
muddycharles

FYI

I used IID Gap tool to flash the new firmware (at the time it did not work 100% as I could not lock the suspension in access mode - took about 6 months of back and forth to figure out it was firmware then updated about 4 months ago) - the new firmware works flawlessly. 2008 HSE B. Grey
Overfinched
NavTV retrofit

Post #570058 16th Oct 2020 7:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1