Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Squeak
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
EdJ

United Kingdom 
Squeak

I'm loving everything about my PHEV, with one exception. There is a squeak coming from the left rear seat area. It's got executive seating and I've tried driving with the seats reclined and forward, the seats entirely folded and also with the armrest in various different positions.

I can sometimes replicate the squeak when I knock the centre armrest hard but not to the extent that I can work out where exactly its coming from.

One of the reasons I notice it so much is that the car is so completely silent when running on electric power.

Should I just book it in with my local dealer? I'm slightly hesitant because I can almost hear them now saying that they can't hear anything, or that they've removed the seat and now there's another problem. Also, should I be talking to the dealer I bought the car from? Or does that not make any difference when it comes to this sort of thing?

Has anyone had a similar squeak / rattle resolved by a dealer? I don't want them to create more problems by taking the car apart! 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #507273 4th Mar 2019 10:30am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Re your question about which dealer to visit.

I was told yesterday (yes, a Sunday!) by a HQ Executive (who rang me about my problems with software), that I can take my faulty car to whichever is the most convenient dealer. All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #507278 4th Mar 2019 11:28am
mabanks

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Hi there,

Might be worth checking the ski hatch latches properly. Mine didn’t until the plastic trim plate covering the mechanism fell off, now it fine Neutral Also might be worth checking the rubber gromits, again covering the latch mechanism on either door side, they also caused me some issues till they fell off too!!

Maybe also check rear seat belts are correctly stowed, nestling between the top side bolster and the door.

Finally, just try reclining the seats a tiny bit, that solved a rattle for me.

Good luck

MB

Post #507321 4th Mar 2019 3:24pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

In case anyone's interested, a quick update here. I took my car into my local dealer, and they've fixed the squeak! They've also fixed what sounded like a ball bearing rolling around. Apparently the latter was a locking wheel nut key that was rolling around underneath the boot.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the outcome and the car is now whisper quiet Very Happy 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #510343 30th Mar 2019 5:09pm
Essex2866

England 

Dear All

As usual the info provided on here is top notch
I had a squeak from the front, specifically when turning left. I couldn’t see any issues but put some silicon spray on the ball joints - one at a time, and the squeak went!
Not sure how long this will last but result
Thank you

Post #627624 2nd Apr 2022 6:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1