Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Which non Gap OBD2 to use for airbag warning light issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
fin

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey
Which non Gap OBD2 to use for airbag warning light issue

Hello

Already tried the search options but not finding much in the way of information.

I have a 2013 L405 autobiography 4.4, just before the warrantee ran out I had air bag warning issues, this was intermittent and was diagnosed to dry connector either under the drivers seat or drivers footwell (I cannot remember) I move the passenger seat more than the drivers so expected it to be a passenger seat issue 10 months on I’ve had 2 more instances that cleared straight away and I put them down to Covid lack of use and low battery, this has gone away following more recent use however yesterday after an extremely long drive in which I moved the passenger seat backwards slightly I had no warning lights at the time of moving the seat. When I restarted the car I got a warning light and following many restarts it will not go away.

My questions are;

I aware but can’t really find detail posts and how to guides that the seat and seat belts cause many of these issues, could anyone point me to pictures and guides at getting to the stuff.

And I would like to know what OBD2 success people have had with non Iid or Gap system as I don’t see the value myself in £400 and I am very hands on with in car electrics. Im in the UK and would ideally like to spend £100 as an upper limit for one off use but have live data so I can see resistance levels live on circuits

Post #561676 16th Jul 2020 10:07am
fin

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

I've since found this thread, the one i remember reading something ago

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic55605.html?highlight=autel

Considering a Autel ML629 wondering if anyone has used these and had success?

Post #561688 16th Jul 2020 12:09pm
diesel Dave

England 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I ended up buying the MD806 Pro Full System Diagnostic Tool, I bought it for an airbag fault which it found straight away, you can also look at live readings and compare things like ohm's parameters between airbags or other sensors around the SRS,
or any other system on the car.
I've only had to use it the once which I'm grateful for, but it also sets service intervals and parking brake so worth £235 up to now.

Post #561695 16th Jul 2020 12:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1