Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Buying: 100k+ miles versus paying more for lower miles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
rjff

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

On the GAP IID, there's the full manual in the Wiki at the top of the page. Seems complex, but then gels and the service follow up from Patrick and the team there is brilliant.

The thread below has a few points about the AB spec, and I understand you could add all sorts to it if you wished.
If you can get the VIn of the car you should be able to get the build sheet for info from Topix or sometimes vindecoderz.com works. All helps.

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic38248.html

Do you use Satnav? I ask because there is no update beyond 2014, IIRC. A forum member researching possibilities. Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
2011 TDV8 Vogue Santorini Black
Gap IIDBT

Post #533248 5th Nov 2019 7:58pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I bought mine at 114k miles, purely on the reputation of the dealer I had previously bought from. Now at 178k miles and (touch wood) still hanging on in there.

The sad reality of RR ownership is sometimes quite eye-watering depreciation, which does slow down with age but with all the new rules on diesel emissions, they’re on the slide, so you need to enter with both eyes widely open.

If you get an iidtool, make sure it’s the Bluetooth version as it’s much easier to use (and sell on) should you decide against ownership. Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #533249 5th Nov 2019 8:02pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

If the badges are correct, the first one is an Autobiography Black.....are the wheels factory? And it has the design kit on it..... depends if you like that.

Can’t see the mileage difference amounting to that much come resale, when you sell in a few years? Cars will be getting older then and it seems to get less of an issue.....

Thumbs Up 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #533251 5th Nov 2019 8:37pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Need to ensure it’s a real Autobiography Black if that’s something that’s important to you?

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/land_rover/2...92104.html 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #533254 5th Nov 2019 8:47pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

The first one has been on AT for quite a while now, so you might get some traction for a deal Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #533255 5th Nov 2019 8:48pm
M@r]{

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

I’m not sure it is a Black....

Click image to enlarge

Post #533259 5th Nov 2019 10:00pm
Discotigger

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

Before you go to buy a Rangie, do as much research as possible as to faults, problems and what to look out for in the running costs department.
Comparing mileage versus looks/bodywork condition can be very deceptive, this is coming from someone who bought a 2005MY TD6 back in 2012 with 151,000 miles on the clock. She had a really good service history, but the bodywork wasn't the greatest. The mechanical stuff was spot on and having gained great knowledge and help from the members on this forum, I knew what needed doing to keep her running sweet as a nut, even if she wasn't the greatest 'looker' on the forecourt. I've just given her up to my local indy garage guy, with over 314.500 miles on the clock and got a 2012 4.4TDV8 Westie with 139,000 on the clock (for a price of just over £11k), again minor bodywork faults easily sorted for a few quid, but a good history and already done a load of preventative maintenance to ensure she will keep going strong.
My biggest piece of advice would be to make sure you go to view the cars with someone who knows Range Rovers, knowledge is free, repairs and maintenance can cost more than you imagine.

Either way, hope you find a 'good 'un' and enjoy your Fattie as much as I (and everyone else on this great site) enjoy them! Thumbs Up

Post #533260 5th Nov 2019 10:10pm
M@r]{

Is it worth paying for a professional and independent pre purchase inspection? If so any around Manchester worth using?

Post #533262 5th Nov 2019 10:16pm
John w

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Barolo Black

That first one is not an AB black for sure.

AB black has it embossed on the rear seat, and all the piano black door trims. Plus they are all Barolo black paint.
Add to that the seats were from a specific set of choices, none of which were full cream.

It's had a set of facelift bumpers fitted, plus different exhaust. Not sure about the grill and side vents, or wheels.

It does look like quite good spec, heated/cooled reclining rear seats, etc. No rear seat entertainment or 4 zone a/c though.

You need to trade off whether the fact it's been modified and badged as something it's not will detract from its value.
Personally I like cars to be standard,or at least come with the bits to make them so.

Hope that helps. Too many toys, not enough time

2011 4.4 TDV8 AB Black

Post #533263 5th Nov 2019 10:18pm
Discotigger

M@r]{ wrote:
Is it worth paying for a professional and independent pre purchase inspection? If so any around Manchester worth using?

Definitely won't do any harm, if you're with the AA or RAC you can get an inspection done by them (think you may be able to do that even if you're not a member, but don't quote me!).

One thing I would stress is to check over the engine bay with a fine tooth comb. Lift the engine cover and check underneath for oil leaks / soot / gunk around the boost hoses. Look at the threads on this forum about 'Restricted Performance' on the 4.4 TDV8 engines, that will give you a good mechanical idea of potential pitfalls.

I'm sure if you ask nicely and offer some beer tokens, there will be forum members from around Manchester who could accompany you when you view the cars and offer their advice, etc.

Post #533265 5th Nov 2019 10:37pm
M@r]{

John w wrote:

It's had a set of facelift bumpers fitted, plus different exhaust. Not sure about the grill and side vents, or wheels.

It does look like quite good spec, heated/cooled reclining rear seats, etc. No rear seat entertainment or 4 zone a/c though.

You need to trade off whether the fact it's been modified and badged as something it's not will detract from its value.
Personally I like cars to be standard,or at least come with the bits to make them so.

The bumpers etc are just the AB design pack bumpers aren’t they? Factory fit zero cost option? Same with the grills and wheels?

Post #533266 5th Nov 2019 10:43pm
Discotigger

I would be somewhat wary of the second car, the one from The Vogue Centre. Check out its MOT History on MOT Check Gov website, its MOT ran out in December 2018! Rolling Eyes Shocked

Post #533267 5th Nov 2019 10:56pm
John w

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Barolo Black

M@r]{ wrote:

The bumpers etc are just the AB design pack bumpers aren’t they? Factory fit zero cost option? Same with the grills and wheels?

They could be, as i said im not sure, I never saw a car with them bumpers / exhaust on when I was looking.
You would need to determine that before buying. If your happy that's what matters Wink Too many toys, not enough time

2011 4.4 TDV8 AB Black

Post #533273 6th Nov 2019 12:40am
FFRRWannabe

United States 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Stornoway Grey

As has already it is about condition and service history. As I recently putchased a 2o11 AB with ~123K, I did it because most all of the major issues were attended to already. The bulk of the bigger issues tend to occur between 80 and 120K so I felt it was worth the price I paid. Also, I personally prefer the 2012 with grill and tail pipe touches, I think they look better. 2011 Range Rover Autobiography
Stornoway Grey
Storm/Jet Seats
Center Console Storm
IP/Topper Jet
Grand Black Lacquer Finisher

Post #533276 6th Nov 2019 6:11am
M@r]{

Thanks again all

When buying a car with over 100k miles, what issues should
do I need to make sure have been addressed by then? I’ve seen the various guides but ideally would like to know eggs should have been done by then and therefore what’s most likely to be a ticking time bomb!

Post #533278 6th Nov 2019 7:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>