Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Air Suspension - What's the story
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Porridge

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Evoque Style 6 & 7 20"s have 245/45 tyres and as I have found out none of my 12 RRS/FFRR wheels will fit the hubs of an Evoque Big Cry so I have a lot of wheels for sale over on the RRS and D3 forums

Will let you know how I get on.
Couldn't risk buying a set of 2nd handers in the UK cause every set I looked at over here (even Orig) were bent somewhere. Shipping from UK would be massive money, and if they weren't straight.... lost cause!

Post #58111 1st Apr 2011 11:44am
nick h

2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

dan_uk_1984 wrote:
Hmmm, I know I'm a Genuine Parts fan-boi, but I've heard lots of stories about non genuine/replica weels cracking...

agree Thumbs Up

Post #58113 1st Apr 2011 11:47am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

The remaining wheels I have for sale are all genuine LR wheels and have come off my own or family member's cars when new but as the tyres are not the right profile for FFRR I'm not selling them on FFRR's for sale section, they are RRS and D3 wheels after all and who on FFRR wants bling RRS wheels on their FFRR..................... Whistle Whistle Whistle 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #58117 1st Apr 2011 12:01pm
Porridge

Tim in Scotland wrote:
and who on FFRR wants bling RRS wheels on their FFRR..................... Whistle Whistle Whistle

You'd want to see the Bling 22" KAHN RSX wheels that were on it when I bought it!!!
Looking too much like a property developer, which isn't such a good image in Ireland these days, so I am in the process of De-Blinging a lot of the KAHN kit..... but the quad pipes give a lovely exhaust tone with the TDV8. They have to stay..... just getting the pipe ends powder coated Black.

As I do very little mileage (use motorbikes most of the time), the aftermarket replica alloys are a compromise.

Post #58118 1st Apr 2011 12:24pm
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Out of interest.. because I'm cynical... did you remain with the car when it went to the FFRR guy?

Just thought that someone unscrupulous may have swapped compressors with a knackered one... hope this isn't the case. 2010 Disco XS TDV6, 2009 Freelander 2 GS

Previous Landrover products -1990 110 TDI CSW, 2003 TD6 Vogue - RRC TD Vogue, RRC v8 Fleetline, Disco ES V8 LPG, 101 Ambulance "Morph", 1964 SIIa Auto Powered by Jag 4.2 Lump - "Percy".

Post #58135 1st Apr 2011 1:35pm
Porridge

elpeede wrote:
Out of interest.. because I'm cynical... did you remain with the car when it went to the FFRR guy?

Just thought that someone unscrupulous may have swapped compressors with a knackered one... hope this isn't the case.

Yeah. I was stood beside the TYRE guys while they re-balanced the wheels. When I drove off it was a case of "WTF is that noise"? FullFat Porridge
2007 TDV8 Vogue.
2005 VTR 1000 SP2.
2012 Hayabusa.
2006 K1200 GT
1988 ur quattro.

Post #58136 1st Apr 2011 1:38pm
RANGEROVER

England 2003 Range Rover SE Td6 Zambezi Silver

scarey wrote:
once you turn off the ignition ,be it in access or standard mode, the compressor shouldn't BE able to work ....

Scary my compressor comes on with key out and with tail gate open. The other week I jacked it up (tailgate and doors shut) and it tried to level itself and I lowered the jack and the RR sat low then suddenly the compressor came on and leveled the suspension.....was displaying air susp inactive so I ways supprised compressor came on.

Also I have been putting the tyre in the boot after a roadside pucture before with tailgate open and compressor came on...

Not sure if it should but mine does this!

Post #58278 2nd Apr 2011 2:44pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

wonder if yours needs a software update cos mine doesnt do that.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #58290 2nd Apr 2011 3:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12