Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Finance, Insurance & Warranties > Didn't know I could renew road tax with 2 weeks insurance...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Didn't know I could renew road tax with 2 weeks insurance...

January is the big admin month for me.

On top of doing the tax return, in January our two vehicles need insurance, MOT and road tax. Parking permits too.

I normally go MOT, insurance then road tax as I assumed you needed the two on the DVLA database to renew the road tax.

RR MOT passed on Saturday, but I have not renewed insurance on the range rover because I want to beat them down on price which means finding a minute to call them during the day.

I thought, just to get anything done that can be done, I tried the DVLA website to see if it would let me renew with only two weeks' insurance left.

Which it did.

So you learn something every day.

Now, onto that tax return. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #540504 13th Jan 2020 10:48pm
paulbrown22

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

Sounds like a very similar January over here Greg...

Yes, I think MOT you need a month clear on in order to renew the road tax, but maybe there's not quite the same requirement for insurance. I've got a few more weeks on the tax, so will do mine at the end of Jan, following the successful MOT!

I'm waiting my insurance re-quote from MoreThan, but have already been perusing MoneySupermarket to check my options if I don't like it.

I'm multitasking with the tax return as well Smile. (And of course checking tips on installing new front struts...)

Post #540514 13th Jan 2020 11:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1