Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Electrical Gremlin Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
the_ferret82

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

an update for all those following.

as per my last post i managed to get a cheap second hand IHU it arrived early last week i had to wait until friday when i had a day off work to strip the glove box out (im getting rather good at this) and fit the unit. fitted the new unit and started the car and BAM same issue straight away so not the IHU. Censored Censored Censored Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

while i sat there and debated burning the car i had a thought. as it was only 4 more screws i thought lets remove the upper glove box and plug the fibres back into the ACM to make it easier to rewire when the time comes. with the upper glove box removed and the passenger side of my dash looking like its been a victim of a breakers yard i thought i would try the ignition again and see if the issue still still occurs and much to my surprise no more issues...

this got me wondering.. was is the CDC? cant be this is on the most ring, is it the Venture cam (the remote drivers module.. maybe. so i reconnected the CDC and put the dash together loosely and went for a drive was out for about an hour and had no issues. first time in a long time this has happened. i pulled over in an empty car park and wired up the ACM and then drive back home. with no issues.

leaving the car apart i drove it around for 2 more days coving a number of miles over short and long trips and no issues. so i have take the plunge and tied the wiring for the venture cam up behind the dash and removed the unit from the upper glove box and filled in the hole with a bit of card and reassembled the dash. in the process i took the time to remove all the unused wires from the wiring extension that powers the ACM just so i have less wire to try and neatly hide and route nicely with over half the wires missing from the extension it sits much netter in the dash. i fished buttoning up the dash and at the point of writing this post the issue has not come back. before i celebrate i will keep and eye on it for a while but for the first time in a while the car has become a joy to drive again

Post #555415 26th May 2020 8:21pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Hope this is it this time Thumbs Up

Post #555422 26th May 2020 9:10pm
the_ferret82

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Thanks me to.

thank you to everyone who has helped me with this.

Post #555560 27th May 2020 9:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123