Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Coronavirus Discussion/Advice/Assistance Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 13 <123 ... 678 ... 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Cairns Blue

And now that the Chinese are 'celebrating' being Covid-19 clear and starting to open up live animal markets again we can all wait for the next round!!!!

Cats, dogs and other domesticated and wild animals freely available to buy
One sources says that: 'the markets have gone back to operating in exactly the same way as they did before coronavirus' despite the outbreaks links to bats
Wild animals still for sale as food and traditional medicine in Chinese markets.

Boris should now immediately stop all travel both in and out of China, and cancel the Huawei 5G as well.

Post #548720 29th Mar 2020 6:32pm
Joe90

England 

Quote:
austerity, it wasn’t needed 10yrs ago and every year since

^^^ not relevant to the topic, and politics !! .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #548722 29th Mar 2020 7:03pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

begining to think this chap is Corbyn living in a luxery villa in Spain and ditching our country and NHS... Mr. Green

no i dont really... Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #548723 29th Mar 2020 7:06pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

It's just too early to tell who was right / wrong & what decisions should have been made.

I know that 2 weeks ago I was sitting in a ski resort moaning about it closing. Italy was already in trouble & Spain was just kicking off. At that point I decided to head home, but prior to that I wouldn't have predicted a UK lockdown. Others may be blessed with much better foresight than I am though.

Even with 10 years of massive investment in the NHS - I'd still not be convinced we'd be in a materially better place for dealing with this specific event. All other statistics go out of the window - Italy & Spain have excellent health systems - but so what - the waiting time to deal with a bunion may be low - doesn't mean a thing right now. Its all about the ability to respond and adapt- and to do that continually.

Only time will tell whether Corbyn was right.....

Post #548724 29th Mar 2020 7:19pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

We will know in a few weeks if the lockdown has worked putting aside China, when spain or italy or U.K. allows us out again, there may be patient zero in the pub, who still has the bug... and off we all go again in time for Halloween ...

Today they were suggesting a three month , possibly 6 month, lockdown here , IMHO will never stop at just three weeks.

As for travel to France, Fairly important to us, ain’t going to happen this year... we won’t be allowed or we won’t want to go... depending on where the U.K. and france is in the cycle. African trip in the autumn may be written off

All,that said, we are being frightened into all of this and I’m not convinced it’s that much worse than normal, yes it’s very swift, a killer in two days on occasions, MAYBE the restrictions will beCome guidelines for the weak/underlying illness group... Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #548728 29th Mar 2020 7:26pm
ur20v

A Trap 

Well in my retirement from the labor part I decided to move to Spain.

One reason we moved here is the high standards of health care provided by Spain, anyway as this is starting to get personal I will leave it.

Post #548732 29th Mar 2020 7:41pm
SS.Lyria

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

That would explain why so many expats have made the journey home from Spain to take their chances on the Archaic and bottom of the league health service that is the NHS Whistle

Post #548734 29th Mar 2020 7:47pm
GraemeC

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

If I'd have been in Spain, I'd have hightailed it home pretty damn quickly as well

It doesn't matter whether your healthcare system is good or not, when you run out of beds people die because you cannot provide the required care

Spain is in dire trouble, 838 deaths in the last 24 hours
See my post on page 4 of this thread - the chart gives an indication of how bad things will get in Spain Big Cry 2007 Zermatt Silver TDV8 Vogue SE - now sold but was a great car!

Post #548764 29th Mar 2020 10:17pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I would be very interested to look at the stats from an Extinction Rebellion perspective when all of the suffering has finished... Don't get me wrong, im not an activist BUT... There will be no denying cold hard facts as to how the global air quality has improved with China shut down for weeks, Europe obviously shut down now for several weeks/months and now India!

Isn't this now what they have asked for? Inadvertently Covid 19 has shut down transport/travel/cars! Airports have all but stopped!

Food for thought!

Post #548773 29th Mar 2020 11:26pm
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

Greta's been quiet lately too.

Still, her mother is in publicity so she will know that Greta will get very little coverage during these difficult times. 2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6

Post #548800 30th Mar 2020 10:58am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Craig, very easy to swallow the pollution story. They take pictures in China and then shoot to london.

IMHO In london lots of cries of the city dying, but it has only exceeded the WHO guidelines for a couple of hours on a few days, usually including the Marylebone road. Ie a traffic jam, presumably as it’s only a few times a year, then perhaps due to an accident in rush hour, and of course nothing to do with Ken’s changing of the traffic light sequencing or the new cycle lanes Boris put in

If u look at the euro space pollution spotter, Copernicus , surprising the amount of pollution coming in from the Atlantic, all be it at fairly low levels. The headlines are saying it’s a dramatic drop already, but IMHO it wasn’t that bad before the drop

My signature states a fact that many are not willing to accept ;

BILL Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #548802 30th Mar 2020 11:21am
Joe90

England 

Where do you want to be right now?
(Stats - 30/03/2020 0600)

Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #548811 30th Mar 2020 12:15pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

another interesting chart is this one from the bbc news website.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51235105

it show south korea having their peak about a month ago and then having less infections after that....could it be that our peak is closing fast , if so theres hope in sight..

... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #548816 30th Mar 2020 12:36pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Joe90 wrote:
Where do you want to be right now?

We were really lucky; we had booked a week from 11th march to 18th. Malaga and Córdoba . We decided ‘no go ‘ on the weekend before and just took the airfare hit cancelling the hotels. We were thinking the constant news cycle would put a dampener on our break. There wasn’t really any sort of snifter of such serious Spanish trouble, by the time we were supposed to travel back, all hell had broken loose in Spain....

Keeping heads down Thumbs Up Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #548820 30th Mar 2020 1:09pm
GraemeC

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

I updated my charts for data released by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control to 29th March
So far the UK looks to be doing a better job of flattening the curve than the other countries I charted
Spain looks like it will end up being worse than Italy and the USA looks to be heading for a disaster if they cannot slow the rate of infection Big Cry

Data from here
https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications...-worldwide

Stay safe everyone Thumbs Up

2007 Zermatt Silver TDV8 Vogue SE - now sold but was a great car!

Post #548832 30th Mar 2020 2:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 13 <123 ... 678 ... 111213>