Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > HELP, how to fix P0483 Fault on 2011 TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
maxg67

Italy 
HELP, how to fix P0483 Fault on 2011 TDV8

Finally, after months, I got a diagnostic tool to find out why my 2011 TDV8 keep going in Restricted Performances now and then, specially just after start and after stop at traffic lights.

Meanwhile I spent hundred of euros at LR dealer and Indy to investigate the cause, whitout succeed, had to remove and clean DPF, etc. etc.

Today I connected the tool and got 3 fault codes: first is the common Exh Gas Temp Sensor A (disregarded), but the other two are error codes that I can't find about in any discussion I searched on this site:

P0483 - FAN PERFORMANCES

P0528 FAN SPEED SENSOR CIRCUIT NO SIGNAL

I cleared the errors and got a ride, as soon as stopped at traffic light, P0483 came back and immediately after Red Restricted Performances illuminated again.

I can now be sure that the P0483 is the cause of LIMP mode.

Does anyone had to deal with this fault? I remember the first time i brought the car to local LR dealer, they told found an error related to fan sensor, but checked the fan and it's working properly; in fact, in these days of hot temperature, I can hear fans working regularly and also did a test after cleaned the DPF, driving about 20 mins with RPM between 3000 and 4000, with engine temp exactly at the middle of the gauge.

Post #554745 21st May 2020 1:37pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Not seen that one mentioned here personally.

But you can look up codes in the workshop manual.

It's either available from Stan (with a small forum donation), or it's in the Wiki section

Keep us posted. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #554750 21st May 2020 2:08pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

WM is in the wiki now greg...free! ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #554757 21st May 2020 2:46pm
Baltic Blue

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

It’s a new code for fault reports as far as I know, but checking all fan related electrical connections seems a good place to start. I find a fibreglass cleaner brilliant for tarnished plug/ socket connections.
Plenty very cheap on eBay.
Please keep us updated with any progress.

Click image to enlarge

Mike G reg 2.5VM Vogue Portofino red 1991- 1999
V reg 2.5td P38 Rioja red 1999- 2006
53 reg td6 Vogue Oslo blue 2006- 2015
11 reg 4.4 TdV8 Vogue SE. Baltic blue 2015- date.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic56162...tty+affair

Post #554761 21st May 2020 3:00pm
maxg67

Italy 

There must be an electrical issue, checked instrument cluster and engine control module for other two error recorder today,
all related to fan and ventilation.

Strange, I can't find any similar issue with L322, just an old discussion and a mention to TSB No.LM303-005/2006 only relatd to gasoline engines, but can't even find the TSB.

Post #554866 22nd May 2020 1:53pm
Hojdica

Re: HELP, how to fix P0483 Fault on 2011 TDV8

maxg67 wrote:
Finally, after months, I got a diagnostic tool to find out why my 2011 TDV8 keep going in Restricted Performances now and then, specially just after start and after stop at traffic lights.

Meanwhile I spent hundred of euros at LR dealer and Indy to investigate the cause, whitout succeed, had to remove and clean DPF, etc. etc.

Today I connected the tool and got 3 fault codes: first is the common Exh Gas Temp Sensor A (disregarded), but the other two are error codes that I can't find about in any discussion I searched on this site:

P0483 - FAN PERFORMANCES

P0528 FAN SPEED SENSOR CIRCUIT NO SIGNAL

I cleared the errors and got a ride, as soon as stopped at traffic light, P0483 came back and immediately after Red Restricted Performances illuminated again.

I can now be sure that the P0483 is the cause of LIMP mode.

Does anyone had to deal with this fault? I remember the first time i brought the car to local LR dealer, they told found an error related to fan sensor, but checked the fan and it's working properly; in fact, in these days of hot temperature, I can hear fans working regularly and also did a test after cleaned the DPF, driving about 20 mins with RPM between 3000 and 4000, with engine temp exactly at the middle of the gauge.

My car was going into restricted performance now and then. Stop/Start the engine would clear the fault and back on track for 1-2months when it would come back. 2 weeks ago the car went on restricted performance and only with OBD could clear the error. Had it checked and I found that 1 of the 4 hoses from the Intake Manifold was split. I’ve replaced all 4 hoses and everything seems to be fine, no more Restricted performance. But I do have the same P0483-27 and I feel it does not have the same power as after I clear this error. Just read today about this on a Jaguar, same code was popping and it may have something to do with the coolant in radiator. I’ll
Go next week down this route and see where it takes me, seems the chepest and easiest way for now.

I will keep you updated next week, unless you found the cause for this error code which I’ll be more than happy to have it shared with us.

Post #603654 12th Aug 2021 8:34pm
jagracer

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

Cooling fan rationality check failed. Possibly the fan relay earth, I have heard of similar problems with a faulty switch on the brake pedal. Have you a small coolant or Air Con fluid leak, as a check for fumes in the cabin might be in order, being picked up by a cabin sensor.

Post #603852 15th Aug 2021 3:45pm
Hojdica

I had the same issue until today when I managed to fix it. You said on your initial post that you have the P040D-00 error which you are ignoring. I’ve had the same errors as you and I ordered the revised sensor for EGR Temp Sensor (LR052169). I’ve not replaced it yet, as it’s not an easy job, but I unplugged the old sensor and plugged the new one which I left it hanging near the exhaust manifold. The P040D-00 dissapeared and after a long test driver, no other error for the fan came back. Aparently the EGR Temp Sensor is telling the fan it should work continuosly due to high temperature in exhaust manifold and the cooling system is not doing anything when the fan is on.

I will have the sensor replaced as well in 2 days, booked in already for this job. Until then, I have the new sensor connected only but not fit, but fine with me as soon as no Restricted Performance Warning I’m getting.

Post #605793 6th Sep 2021 9:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1